What would Caylee want?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the justice is really for us, IMO. That is selfish, I know. I have mixed religious beliefs, but I think Caylee's soul is at peace and she would not want her mother put to death. I believe her soul knows and understands, more than a 3yo, what is going on down here. Caylee came to Earth for a reason, and that reasons was more than to provide joy to her family. Look at how many of us have come to know her! I'm not sure I understand the message yet.
Someone above said that they were disturbed to say "Justice for Caylee." So am I , but I'm too embarassed to say (on my FB page, anyway) that it's really me who wants Casey punished. So right now my FB avatar says "Justice for Caylee"

I'm embarassed at how much I want Casey punished. Because, like Casey, that means it's really all about me and what I want, not what Caylee wants.

So true. BBM in red: I think the message may be for all of us to get on board everywhere to help children before they become "the missing". There are millions of people that have come together focusing on this case and I just hope once it's over......it's not over....if you know what I mean.

I think in a roundabout way what some of others are trying to say is that none of us can presume what any particular person, living or dead, would feel or say simply because we are not that person. Our thoughts and feelings are ours and ours alone. Certainly we must seek out truth, and hold people accountable for those who have no voice, but to project what we feel and what we want onto to another and claim they feel the same way can feel disrespectful to some people. Certainly we can speculate, and we can find comfort in our own individual beliefs, but unfortunately we know Caylee only in death, so the words, when they come out, must come only from us but together we can use our voices to hold those who silence others accountable.

I think in a roundabout way what some of others are trying to say is that none of can presume what any particular person, living or dead, would feel or say simply because we are not that person. Our thoughts and feelings are ours and ours alone. Certainly we must seek out truth, and hold people accountable for those who have no voice, but to project what we feel and what we want onto to another and claim they feel the same way can feel disrespectful to some people. Certainly we can speculate, and we can find comfort in our own individual beliefs, but unfortunately we know Caylee only in death, so the words, when they come out, must come only from us but together we can use our voices to hold those who silence others accountable.

So beautifully said. :goodpost:

I think in a roundabout way what some of others are trying to say is that none of can presume what any particular person, living or dead, would feel or say simply because we are not that person. Our thoughts and feelings are ours and ours alone. Certainly we must seek out truth, and hold people accountable for those who have no voice, but to project what we feel and what we want onto to another and claim they feel the same way can feel disrespectful to some people. Certainly we can speculate, and we can find comfort in our own individual beliefs, but unfortunately we know Caylee only in death, so the words, when they come out, must come only from us but together we can use our voices to hold those who silence others accountable.

You read my thoughts. Gracias mademoiselle.

I think chloroform was fabricated to show the intent.
KC searched for chloroform because her boyfriend posted that photo on myspace. Once you search for chloroform, of course you get curious and wnt to know how they make it, etc.

The chloroform traces in the car were because CA tried to clean it thoroughly with house hold cleaners that contain chloroform. Everything had a simple explanation, but JA (understandably) was more interested in winning the case than the truth.

I never heard that any cleaners CA used contained chloroform....:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

It doesn't matter and it's a silly question, Caylee wasn't even 3 years old.

What a thought provoking question, thank you for putting this up. I agree with the sentiment of some other posters, children are innocent, and they have no need for and no concept of things like retribution and legal accountability. And isn't that the beauty of children? I can think of nothing better than the squeal of pure joy a child will let out when they discover something new and exciting. That sound of innocence and unadulterated happiness is infectious because it reminds that we too were once like that. The degree of anger, outrage and frustration that this trial seem to be evoking in a lot of us aren't normally found in a child's world. Yes, they feel such things, but then the next new thing comes along and those feelings are gone. It's only as we age that we begin to forgot how to let go and just revel in the moment. Perhaps that's why the phrase "Justice for Caylee" bothers me so much. I understand the sentiment and I know that people use it with the absolute best of intentions, but I'm bothered because that word, justice, has no real meaning to a child. Look at how much time some of us have spent delving into the bizarre and twisted world that is Casey Anthony. I can't not do it, because I feel the truth is so important, the truth of this little girl's life and her tragic death deserve to brought to light, and Casey must be held accountable, but there are days when I get of this board or get done watching the trial that I am so drained and I almost feel tainted by being exposed to such depravity. Is this the way a child would want anyone to feel? I'm reminded of one the days shortly after that I found out that my father was diagnosed with the horrible debilitating disease that is Parkinson's. I was shaken to the core, and my best friend was doing her best to console me. Her daughter, who I love as though she were my own, was almost 3 at the time and when she saw me crying, she ran out of the room and came back with her most prized possession, her "Woobie". She carefully spread it on my lap, sat beside me, running her tiny hand up and down my arm and told me "don't be sad, it'll be okay, you can have woobie, he'll make you feel better". At 3, she knew instinctively that seeing the people you love happy is worth more than the object you hold most dear. That is love in one of it's most pure forms. Sorry, I know I'm rambling (I'm also now crying big, snotty tears, no dry Kleenex for me) but my point is that ultimately, I think true justice for Caylee will be found when this is over, and we all remember to take the extra time to get down on our knees and let the children in our lives remind us how to just revel in that of moment of pure joy. It will also be found when people are inspired by her short life to reach out and help the children who are in danger of having that innocence snatched away from them too soon.

Sorry so long, and I really hope I didn't offend anyone, I just had to get that out there. I can't imagine what what those of you who have been following this for three years must be feeling, and I admire your determination and dedication to ensure that Caylee will not be forgotten.

Thank you so much for your post. It brings us back to reality. Caylee was a sweet little girl, like your friends child, and should would have wanted nothing more than for everyone to be happy. She knew nothing of adult feelings of revenge, she only knew to love. Justice is for the adults, justice is for those who love Caylee still on Earth, Caylee is in the loving arms of God (which I admit is a of strech my beliefs, but I can't see anything less for a perfectly innocent child) which shield her from the sorrow of justice being served upon the mommy she loved and watching grandma and jojo suffer. Justice is necessary and good, but justice brings sorrow too, but sorrow can no longer be inflicted upon Caylee. :heartbeat:

Caylee would want that no other child would suffer as she did... and that people would learn something positive from her short life here on earth.

What would Caylee want...

To take a walk and get a icecream cone with JoJo
To go school-clothes shopping and buy a new lunchbox for her first day of school
To make all kinds of BFF's at school
To go to her first prom
Have her first BF
Wear a cap and gown at her graduation
Walk down an aisle, feeling like a princess, to marry the love of her life
Hold the love of her life's hand as she brings their first child into the world.

What she got...

Nothing - She got nothing.

Please, everyone, the topic of this thread is "What Would Caylee Want?"

Thank you.
:)

Geekygirl, that was a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing the spirit of your friend's sweet child - what a sweet spirit! I hope you have been able to remain close to her as she has grown.

I am Christian, and so my belief tells me that Caylee is not concerned of anything worldly anymore. I believe she is an angel experiencing pure joy and happiness. That brings me comfort.

As an admittedly flawed person, I look at this question as if Caylee is an adult looking back on her situation, and with that I think what she would want is to be remembered. To honor Caylee, I am going to remember her everyday. I am going to remember that life can be viciously short and things can be taken without my permission in an instant. In honor of her and this message I am going to remember to enjoy my little girl (5 years old) every day, to play and laugh and enjoy the small things that are simple and silly like she does. When she calls out to me and I have a hundred things to do, I am going to try to remember that one day she will be grown and gone and will not be in my home to call out to me. I will try to remember to give her that attention she wants because I would be willing to bet George and Cindy would trade anything to be at Caylee's beck and call just one more time.

I would like to think that I would do these things anyway, but since I have been blessed by little Caylee's light, I am going to be very conscious of these things in her honor.

Ok now that you Caylee sayers opened that door :) here you go:

I think Caylee would want everybody who uses her name to be punished, including JA who under her name fabricated evidence and made a fool out of himself in the court.

I think you're a <modsnip> for thinking a child would want revenge on anyone. She loved her mommy, grandma, JoJo, Papa, etc. She would have love for JA, LDB, JB, CM, etc because that's ALL a child really knows at 2 1/2. To say any different is truly disrespectful of Caylee's memory! :shakehead:

Caylee wouldn't want anyone else to be hurt by the person who murdered her, especially a member of her family that she loves.

Geekygirl, that was a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing the spirit of your friend's sweet child - what a sweet spirit! I hope you have been able to remain close to her as she has grown.

I am Christian, and so my belief tells me that Caylee is not concerned of anything worldly anymore. I believe she is an angel experiencing pure joy and happiness. That brings me comfort.

As an admittedly flawed person, I look at this question as if Caylee is an adult looking back on her situation, and with that I think what she would want is to be remembered. To honor Caylee, I am going to remember her everyday. I am going to remember that life can be viciously short and things can be taken without my permission in an instant. In honor of her and this message I am going to remember to enjoy my little girl (5 years old) every day, to play and laugh and enjoy the small things that are simple and silly like she does. When she calls out to me and I have a hundred things to do, I am going to try to remember that one day she will be grown and gone and will not be in my home to call out to me. I will try to remember to give her that attention she wants because I would be willing to bet George and Cindy would trade anything to be at Caylee's beck and call just one more time.

I would like to think that I would do these things anyway, but since I have been blessed by little Caylee's light, I am going to be very conscious of these things in her honor.

Dang it, you made me tear up all over again. :) Thank you for sharing, this is beautiful. The little girl in my post is now 11, and almost as tall as I am, but yes she still has the same beautiful sweet spirit, as do her brother and sister. I don't see them as often as I like, but they are always in my heart, and technology is wonderful for keeping involved with their daily lives.

Dang it, you made me tear up all over again. :) Thank you for sharing, this is beautiful. The little girl in my post is now 11, and almost as tall as I am, but yes she still has the same beautiful sweet spirit, as do her brother and sister. I don't see them as often as I like, but they are always in my heart, and technology is wonderful for keeping involved with their daily lives.

They grow up so fast, don't they? Thank God for technology.

I tear up daily over this case. Scoot closer so we can share kleenex.

I'd like to think that Caylee is beyond all of the drama & is in a place where she knows nothing but love.

I'd also like to think she'd want us to learn from her short life.
Maybe there are grandparents out there who are in a situation like George & Cindy's prior to Caylee's death. Maybe those grandparents will respond & react in a way that will lead to a much better outcome for all parties involved.

Maybe a law enforcement officer, responding to a tip about a missing child's body, will remember that Roy Kronk had to call several times before Caylee was found and he/she will take a tip seriously and a body will be found before too much evidence has been lost.

Maybe Dr. Vass will expand his horizons and become the world's best chemist.

Maybe we'll just cherish our children a little bit more, hug them more, tell them we love them more and appreciate them more.

MOO
my :twocents:
IMHO
Etc.

I don't think we should be asking what Caylee would want, because there is no way any of us would know. I think that even speculating on what Caylee would want is disrespectful to her memory. JMO.

We all want justice for Caylee. We all say stuff like "justice is coming Caylee," but what would Caylee want her Mother's punishment to be? What about punishment for her grandma, grandpa and uncle? After all, she loved all four unconditionally.

Just wondering your what other's thoughts are...

You have to consider, what was the last thing she saw before her death. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back