What would you rebut? Discuss rebuttal here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Time frame. We know how long it took for the victim to go from sitting in the shower, apparently uninjured, to lying bloody and incapacitated on the floor, and IMO there just wasn't time for all this body slamming, rolling, running in circles, acrobatic leaping to high shelves, and linebackering. Not to mention the stabbing which she conveniently left out of her narrative...maybe the little doll from Trilogy of Terror showed up and did that after she left.

I would call the ME:
1) order of injuries
2) point in time Travis would have become incapacitated and/or unable to continue fighting with JA
3) range from which the gun was fired

Recall Det Flores

1) go over the placement of the casing laying in blood - show that there is no evidence of smearing or blood on the upper side of the casing to suggest that it was kicked/rolled to it's resting position on top of the blood.
2) Reenactment of the amount of time JA's version of the chase would have taken compared to the time stamps on the photos

Flores or other investigating LE
1) where they found the receipts from her travel (I believe it was a shoebox) and whether or not there was any evidence retained by JA of her travel through AZ
2) Investigation into the possible gun ownership by TA - any receipts, ammo, cleaning kit etc.
3) Lack of blood evidence outside of the bedroom except on the washing machine
4) Height of the shelves in Travis' closet and the device used to secure them (would they tip forward with pressure on the edge)
5) any evidence of disturbance to shelves or in closet
6) Maybe even the amount of time to remove both license plates and flip one upside down
7) whether or not it is a left or right palm print - her blood was mixed with TA's - show that she likely had an injury to the LEFT hand

Shannon Crabtree . .
1) Nature of emails between her and TA that JA could have seen

Friends of TA and possibly roommates
1) TA did not own and gun and would have reasonably been expected to disclose that he had bought a gun to one or more people in his life

Roommates
1) did not see JA's rental car in the driveway
2) account for knives known to be in the home and whether or not any appeared to be missing

Expert witnesses
1) challenge JA's experiences and how they do or do not fit into battered woman syndrome - go over her relationship with Travis with a fine toothed comb and her ability to avoid contact with him
2) Challenge any findings by JA's expert witness (if any) regarding her psychological state and her ability to cover up crime while in a "fog"

Matt McCartney
1) Contact with JA and his prior statements regarding JA's injuries and the pedo letters - something related to those magazines and any request from JA to change his story to fit whatever she had been saying for over a year as stated in the magazine messages

I'm sure there will be even more rebuttal from Mr. Martinez but these are the main points off the top of my head

Arias testified that she had loaned money to Travis ... seems like the other way around to me. Let's see JM bring that out with bank statements ...

I don't know if it can be made any clearer, but I hope that JM uses JA's OWN WORDS that she 'accidently' shot him (ok lets go with that...), and has rebut testimony (maybe from another expert to back up the ME?) that IF IF it happened that way, Travis would certainly have not been still grabbing and chasing her, and she could have easily had time to leave.

I am a bit worried that they may consider the gunshot first as truth, and think that he didn't stop chasing her and she "had" to keep defending.

I hope he makes it abundantly clear that is NOT the case - and not even try to argue on whether the gun shot came first. It just doesn't really matter in the long run, EXCEPT for the fact that since it's her story, then it proves the continued attack was unwarranted.

OK, this sounds fun! Here is my wish list:

1. Proof from the salon
2. Proof from Walmart re: gas can NOT returned
3. DB on witness stand singing like a canary
4. MM on witness stand singing like a canary
5. Witnesses re: the magazine secret messages
6. Timeline showing she lied about trip back to Yreka - her cell phone didn't "drown"
7. Handwriting expert saying her diary on Jan 24 couldn't be written with a broken finger8. Layout of bathroom and how impossible her story is
9. Bring the ME back - cuz he's a cutie pie

there's more, but I can't remember......

BBM
7a. Handwriting wxpert showing coded messages in magazines mathc handwriting in diary.

They look the same to me!!!!!!!!

I'd also like to see some rebuttal on the scratched CD story from 6/4/08. Where did these scratched CDs end up ? And what about her broken "hard drive" ? Seems like every piece of technology Arias touched ended up broken, lol ...

I want juan to show us that jodi gave stolen items to db..remeber he teased us with do unremeber going back to db's house (insert jodis wordgames here) you brought back a remote didn't you? He asked her why (insert jodi evasives answer here) wouldnt it be funny if the remote was for the dvd player stolen from her grandparents. that would absolutley prove she stole the gun....

That does sound logical, doesn't it. That she gave him the DVD player but forgot to give him the remote and drove off with it. He called her and she returned to give it to him. If this is true, she done and Nurmi knows it. jmo

I have gone over this case in my head every which way ... and after watching the (most recent) Dateline story it just occurred to me.
Let's say when she stabbed him it hit his spinal cord. Like she says in the "INTRUDER STORY" he said, "He couldn't feel his legs".
This makes even more sense as to why he couldn't fight back. If she severed his spinal cord it could have paralyzed him. Also makes sense as to why she had to drag him. OMG. That makes all of this EVEN worse than it already is!
I was also intrigued by what his friend said about her flooding the bathroom with water so she could drag his body back to the shower.

I don't know if this is rebuttal or not, but I would like to hear more about her nearsightedness. She said that when she stopped at the Starbucks and her front license plate was removed, that she got out of the car to see what this reflective thing was -- that she couldn't tell because she was nearsighted and didn't get glasses until 2010 (when she was in jail).

So (1) if she was so nearsighted that she couldn't see 10 feet in front of her (I'm being generous with the distance) then how the he!! was she managing to drive all over California, Arizona, Utah & Nevada? I'm terribly nearsighted and I would fear for my life if I drove without my glasses, even places where I know where I'm going, like my own neighborhood. On an interstate? No way.

And (2) how did she know that picture TA was masturbating to was of a little boy if she couldn't see well. And if she was wearing contacts then, why wasn't she wearing them at the Starbucks/when she was driving?

She kind of impeached herself a bit later when she stated that before she wore glasses she wore contacts.

JM referenced Matt so many times during cross it just seems inevitable he will be part of the rebuttal.

I think we may hear about the hair dying issue. Whether from Darryl, Matt, Car Guy or directly from a Salon. He got her to agree where she got her nails done might have had hair services too. More premeditation.

Hoping we hear from computer guy that there were no pedophiliac materials found on recovered laptop. Along with detectives who searched his home verifying no pictures of that nature were found. This accusation is the most vile. It needs to be refuted with hard evidence. If Travis was in fact engaging in such deviant behavior, and did not know he was going to be killed on June 4th, his home and or computer would have had evidence of such. Of all the lies this one is the most vicious and hurtful to family, friends and his memory.

Yes, especialy if she says she got a Brazillian blowout! I get them, and they take 3 hours!

I want to hear from Matt M., Daryll again... and i'm hoping beyond hope that JM's investigator either found the salon or the skateboarders that SAW her change the license plate herself.

I want JM to put to rest that NO pedo material was found and i'd LOVE if the forged letters were addressed somehow

I want them to show that that there is NO WAY she did what she did (unless she has spidey superpowers) that could get her UP on that shelf in the amount of time shown from the photos.

I want it pointed out date by date, w/gun stolen, texts, etc... the progression of how it played out. I think as LONG as the trial is taken, it needs to be simplified in closing just how 'simple' the dates line up... and times. (Guess thats not really rebuttal, more closing) I just want it all strung together for the jurors so they are not confused at ANYTHING.

I want JM to go step by step thru EVERY stab wound (as sad as it will be for the family) and just how violent the attack was.

I want to show the jury the all the movie references she's added to her story.

I want to see her break down into a TRUE blubbering mess at the Def. table.

WOW, all the "I wants'... i'm starting to sound as bad as Jodi... its all about ME ME ME.

If he gets a chance, I'd like JM to revisit the skateboarders/Starbucks event. She was parked with the front in. Was there a concrete parking stop that could have hindered anyone getting the license palte off? JA said she had a long wait to go the restroom, and that there other cars in the lot. So, no one noticed some "skaters" around her car, messing with her plates?

I would like to see a duplicate closet the same dimension with shelves attached the same way as TA's closet to show it is impossible for JA to put one foot on a lower shelf, jump up without touching anything and grabbing the gun.

JM should ask her why during direct (or interrogation?) she said she used the bench to climb up and reach the gun. Why did she change it to stepping on a shelf?

I was hoping the state would have someone the size and weight of JA attempt to do exactly what she states she did in that closet and videotape it. Those shelves were designed for holding shoes or books, not an~ 120lb person on one front corner / edge. The little pins keeping it in place wouldn't have held up and the shoes would have gone flying.

I also think JM should ask the jury to ask themselves what a reasonable person would do in the scenario JA fabricated.
She's a women with a history of battery from her ex. She fears for her life and knows the house well. Does a reasonable person run into an enclosed space and search for a weapon or does she run for her life?

Also he should point out and stress that even if everything happened the way she said it did- the moment she chose to defend herself by getting the deadly weapon rather than running to safety was all that's legally required to fit the definition of premeditation. ( at least where I live)

Is there a prosecution closing statement page here? I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas for JM the WSleuthers would like to suggest. :waitasec:

I'd also like Det Flores to get up there and rebut every inconsistency between her statements to him and her testimony.

I too would like to hear a rebuttal regarding the gunshot wound, the angle, the forensics, etc. Wouldn't such major trauma to the frontal lobe cause a seizure? My 25 yo son was diagnosed (2 years ago) with a brain tumor in the frontal lobe...his very first symptom was a seizure.

If Travis had been shot first would not the blood on the sink and mirror also include some brain tissue?

Also, I would like for JM to address her tears while being shown the gruesome pictures of Travis. During her interrogation she was practically begging to see the pictures, and as learned as she is about her case I can bet that she has studied these pictures. The tears were crocodile tears...after the jury was out of earshot the tears dried up and she was pissed!!

I'd like to see the following:

A doctor to explain what it's really like to have the wind knocked out of you.
A handwriting expert to confirm the writing in the magazine is Arias's.
A timecard person from Mimi's to lock in a time frame for January 21.

I'd like to see the following:

A doctor to explain what it's really like to have the wind knocked out of you.
A handwriting expert to confirm the writing in the magazine is Arias's.
A timecard person from Mimi's to lock in a time frame for January 21.

A reenactment of her in that closet. :floorlaugh:

A reenactment of her in that closet. the reenactment she has already performed was just a mirror presentation of what JM had just showed her.

Now that is something I would like to see...and time it too!! because after all, according to JA, Travis already had his hand on the closet door. Use a stop watch to time how long this would take in comparison to keep running through the closet and out the door.

Incredulous...that's the only word I can think of when I try to picture her toeing one shelf, hand holding another and stretching as far as possible in order to get her hand on the gun, hoping it will be loaded, getting down (without losing balance), taking stance, aiming and shooting....all while Travis is in the closest. And what person would not step back if a gun is pointing at his head? IMO, she knew the loaded gun was in the closet, she placed it there on her last visit to the house or during a covert trip to AZ.

A reenactment of her in that closet. the reenactment she has already performed was just a mirror presentation of what JM had just showed her.

Now that is something I would like to see...and time it too!! because after all, according to JA, Travis already had his hand on the closet door. Use a stop watch to time how long this would take in comparison to keep running through the closet and out the door.

Incredulous...that's the only word I can think of when I try to picture her toeing one shelf, hand holding another and stretching as far as possible in order to get her hand on the gun, hoping it will be loaded, getting down (without losing balance), taking stance, aiming and shooting....all while Travis is in the closest. And what person would not step back if a gun is pointing at his head? IMO, she knew the loaded gun was in the closet, she placed it there on her last visit to the house or during a covert trip to AZ.

She said she didn't touch any shelves. :floorlaugh:
Just her foot on one shelf.
I don't think she went in them closet for the gun. She brought it from Yreka and had it in her sweatpants.

She said she didn't touch any shelves. :floorlaugh:
Just her foot on one shelf.
I don't think she went in them closet for the gun. She brought it from Yreka and had it in her sweatpants.

This. I would like her to have to show how she got the gun without messing up anything. As she was running for he'd life and got linebackered.

Her whole story is fantasy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie
Back