What would you rebut? Discuss rebuttal here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
absolutely not. (it was thru the frontal lobe)

(I concur with the ME's testimony.. he wouldn't be able to move let alone speak and attack her and rip at her clothes)

**I sooooo hope they have a someone with a medical background on the jury... from what katiecoolady is posting from the courtroom one of the jurors was taking a lot of notes during the gun testimony so hopefully someone on the jury also has a lot of knowledge of handguns and knows she couldn't load the gun and fire on the guy at that trajectory the way she was claiming.. utter bunk):twocents::twocents:

I don’t know how many times this point has to be made.

Movement in the human body is executed by brain signals that originate in the motor strip- primary motor cortex at posterior extent of frontal lobe called the precentral gyrus- in the brain, down through the internal capsule on through the midbrain pons and medulla and then out into the spinal cord. The anterior aspects of either frontal lobes have NOTHING to do with the brains ability to forward electrical signals to limb muscles. Frontal lobe cortex deals with ‘intentionality” “reasoning”.

The TA bullet injury did NOT involve his brain’s motor function nor motor pathways from the brain to his spinal cord.

Not only that, but there wasn't ONE drop of blood in that closet! If Travis had run through that closet, chasing her with a gunshot wound to the head, there would have been at the very least a couple of blood drops somewhere in the closet.

Eewww... hated to even type that. :(

This is an excellent point. I had not thought about that aspect.
Thanks for bringing it up.

I hope and pray that Juan rebuts the time of the murder that arias claimed on the stand. I kind of hope that he let her ramble on and lock herself into her latest version because he has something up his sleeve..

I am sort of hoping he has some sort of reenactment with a stopwatch (not sure if that is possible)

here is some info I posted on the other thread about diaphragm spasm (loosing your breath). It takes as long to just recover from that as the entire murder sequence did fwiw

I totally agree with your post. I'm truly hoping for a re-enactment with the stopwatch as well. There is no way that Jodi's latest story is going to fit into the timeline and photo time stamps. During this reenactment, each of the stab wounds and the slitting of the throat and the gunshot wound need to be acted out in real time.

BBM/U/I

:twocents::twocents::twocents: 'cause it's amazing what "cleaning up" a corpse can uncover even BEFORE an autopsy!

:twocents::twocents::twocents: Not so sure that ANY forensic pathologist would want to charge up to the stand to defend the GSW first defense since NOTHING, including the defendant's words of "no observable release of erythrocytic, leukocytic, thrombocytic or serous fluids at impact site,& he participated in constant & consistant, cognitive communication" (NB: JAZZED :floorlaugh: the words up for YOU, JA!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:) supports the scenario! :rocker::rocker:

Hello crime sleuthers!!!!

TA bullet entry wound above the right brow was free of stippling or flash burn. THEREFORE the shot originated from a distance.

There was no blood – ie erythrocytes, leukocytes or thrombosis or serous fluid –around the entrance wound BECAUSE THE CORPSE WAS WASHED OFF IN THE SHOWER.

TA bullet entry wound above the right brow was free of stippling or flash burn. THEREFORE the shot originated from a distance.

There was no blood – ie erythrocytes, leukocytes or thrombosis or serous fluid –around the entrance wound BECAUSE THE CORPSE WAS WASHED OFF IN THE SHOWER.

BBM

SO absolutely TRUE after the "cleaning protocol" by Ms Arias BUT my reference was to her comment from the stand that (paraphrased of course) NO blood was present after the gunshot first scenario! THAT comment regarding "no blood" belies the vascular nature of a head/facial lac./wound.

Movement in the human body is executed by brain signals that originate in the motor strip- primary motor cortex at posterior extent of frontal lobe called the precentral gyrus- in the brain, down through the internal capsule on through the midbrain pons and medulla and then out into the spinal cord. The anterior aspects of either frontal lobes have NOTHING to do with the brains ability to forward electrical signals to limb muscles. Frontal lobe cortex deals with ‘intentionality” “reasoning”.

The TA bullet injury did NOT involve his brain’s motor function nor motor pathways from the brain to his spinal cord.

Motor would be affected as per consciousness

Can also be consistent with a post mortem wound as well

In so many of the postings on various threads I've seen lots of handwringing. I just want to say that after reviewing some of this trial on Youtube, I'm feeling very confident for the prosecution.

The defense team has worked hard to try to bring out key words and phrases so that their experts can tie it all up to match a scenario where Jodi is the victim and Travis is displaying abusive qualities. But, going back through the testimony I picked out many places where the prosecution has used the same tactic to set the stage for cross-examing the experts and possibly bringing in their own rebuttal experts.

Consider that in 2009 the Department of Justice took a survey and produced an extensive report on the crime of stalking with particular emphasis on "intimate partner" stalking. From this study they isolateed 7 key stalking behaviors:

• making unwanted phone calls • sending unsolicited or unwanted letters or e-mails • following or spying on the victim
• showing up at places without a legitimate reason • waiting at places for the victim
• leaving unwanted items, presents, or flowers
• posting information or spreading rumors about the victim on the internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth

Think about it. The prosecutor has elicited testimony to demonstrate each of these actions on Jodi's part. Soon JM will tie it all up to clear Travis' good name and expose Jodi's obessive personality.

:therethere::therethere:

For sure I hope Juan rebuts this and gets the 911 calls logs for that day (or if any were ever made from that residence)

...of that picture frame

I hope they rebut measurements in the closet. No way did her eyes come midlevel with that picture frame

obviously BS and I hope they have more on this type of shelving in rebuttal

obviously the time needs to be rebutted.. I hope they have some sort of video re-enactment

Movement in the human body is executed by brain signals that originate in the motor strip- primary motor cortex at posterior extent of frontal lobe called the precentral gyrus- in the brain, down through the internal capsule on through the midbrain pons and medulla and then out into the spinal cord. The anterior aspects of either frontal lobes have NOTHING to do with the brains ability to forward electrical signals to limb muscles. Frontal lobe cortex deals with ‘intentionality” “reasoning”. Then we will address the bullet going through his brain to end up in his cheek, unless you have another method this can happen.

Are you a neurologist? How can you say that the injury did not involve his brains motor function? Just the impact would involve the brains function yes or no?, ie: Concussion - think about any sporty getting hit in the head with out ANY bullet going through their skull and being knocked out for a few moments, or anyone who has experienced a good hit in the head. Just the start of questions. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

Are you saying that anyone being shot in the head with a gun and the bullet breaking through the skull, would just get up immediately, without any pause?

I 100% believe that the gunshot was last and definitely not first.

EdIT: I am specifically asking about the impact of the gunshot that not only hit his head, but the bullet went through his skull? What would happen in your view?

Id love a jury trip to Travis's master suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not in rebuttal, but in summation I would bring up 'how did Jodi even know the gun was still in the closet/exact same place if she hadn't been there since April. That is a pretty big chance to take if she was running for her life.'

To me, this proves beyond any doubt Jodi brought the gun with her.

1. Testimony under direct that she stood on the bench to get to the gun, followed by testimony under cross that she used the shelf (which we've already established wouldn't hold her weight).

2. Obtain her driver's license in use at the time to prove that she either DID know she requires corrective lenses, meaning her claim that she didn't realize it until after the murder a lie or to prove that she DID NOT need corrective lenses meaning that her claim that she had low vision all along and didn't know it is a lie. Then have her explain why she didn't recognize a license plate.

Rebuttal

respectfully snipped by puf....

- Testimony regarding the closet shelves; on cross, JA said she only used one hand to grab the gun, but did not touch any shelf. If possible, would want to hear testimony that the crime scene showed no prints or smears from her on the shelves. Also, testimony that it would not be possible to step on the lip of one of these shelves without damaging it or disturbing its contents; most closet shelving systems today will not.

Some things will be best left to closing arguments, especially in the absence of compelling testimony.

In early testimony about how she obtained the gun from the shelf, she stated that she put her foot on the edge, jumped up, and grabbed the gun from the corner... and she said that she did NOT grab the upper shelf. This stood out to me, because it's kinetically impossible!

But she corrected that yesterday. She stated that she put her foot on the edge of the second or third shelf from the floor, boosted herself up... and when JM asked her which hand she used to grab the gun, she said, "I guess the one that wasn't holding onto the shelf."

It's hard to keep your story straight when it's completely grounded in fantasy instead of true recollections.

...of that picture frame

I hope they rebut measurements in the closet. No way did her eyes come midlevel with that picture frame

I am 5'10" and my eyes might line up with the picture. Any juror with any knowledge of door heights can easily see that she would have to be at least my height to see the photo as she described. She would have to be nearly 6' tall, and that's easily ascertained by looking at the level of the photo in comparison to the door height a few feet away.

This jury has been ON THE BALL. I would be my savings that the juror who asked the very detailed question about the gas cans and the amount of gas she bought was at least one who did the door frame comparison... someone on that jury is ace at measurements. Her claim that she is eye level with the photo was certainly noted by him or her as a lie.

ETA: Standard doorway heights for 8' ceilings are minimum 6'8.

Maybe not in rebuttal, but in summation I would bring up 'how did Jodi even know the gun was still in the closet/exact same place if she hadn't been there since April. That is a pretty big chance to take if she was running for her life.'

To me, this proves beyond any doubt Jodi brought the gun with her.

Exactly, especially since she has testified that she loses her memory and her brain scrambles when men like JM and Travis are yelling at her. On June 4th, Travis was not only yelling at her, he head/body slammed her, miraculously her memory of an unloaded gun on a top shelf was suddenly crystal clear in spite of this stressful, brain scrambling, chihuahua shaking, mortal fearful event, BARF!!!

hopefully Juan could come up with some sort of rebuttal for the fibers. Arias claims it is rope and she took it with her. Hopefully they can rebut that rope carp and tie the fiber to one of the bedding items, etc.

(fwiw I have never seen rope have fibers that are one inch long <belch>)

the rope story is just another example of her trying to make the forensics fit her story vs the truth of the matter

I :please: that in rebuttal Juan brings in a fiber expert to report where exactly those fibers came from. I know it can be proven that it's the same material from either the pillows or something else in the house if it is. This would be further proof that rope did not exist and therefore show no need for a knife in the room.

I would also like for Juan to drop a piece of paper at JAs feet (without glasses) and ask her what it was a picture of. I have the same exact RX for glasses and there is no way I would be able to make out what a pic from that distance is. I am only 5'1'', shorter than JA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj123
Back