What's missing for Prosecution?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
x-posted...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I didn't hear where the State hammered home the point that Caylee was found with a heart shaped sticker on her mouth?

It's like the State IS NOT "hammering home" any point, IMHO. Am I crazy? When will the State "bring this altogether" and hit it out of the park?

During closing arguments...and usually in the following order
1st) State
2nd) defense
3rd) state

I don't think the phone records or the pings were ever introduced at all.

6/2/11 - Stipulation between the parties
Item NE - States #66
AT&T cell phone records of ICA
407-6**-9286

Cindy did say Caylee was chunkier in the picture with the shorts. Bet the shorts still fit.

And if the Prosecution ends their testimony by showing the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" to her Great Grandfather on Father's Day, I think it is a slam dunk for the State....how on earth could anyone listen and watch that precious child sing that song (taught to her by Grandpa George - aka JOJO) and think anything except that Caylee was loved so much by her family.....except Casey...she was fake and used Caylee for self-serving purposes, I honestly don't think anyone could come to any other conclusion, except that Casey is a TERRIBLE person!!

I agree with you that the Sunshine video would do it for the jury... but, I also think that HHJP would never let that video in due to the EMOTIONAL NATURE of the video outweighing the PROBATIVE VALUE. Unfortunately for those who believe in KC's guilt, but fortunately for KC, she cannot be convicted of murder just because she is a terrible person (which she is, indeed.)
MOO

I've said it on other threads and I'll say it here again. I wish the state had had the cellpings on there and that guy who was on tv long ago saying that if Caylee had wanted her diaper changed she would have had to have texted her mom.

No matter what kind of "good mother" impression people testified to, I'm sure the sheer volume of her being either on the phone or on line would cause people to think there was no way that girl was being a parent in any sense of the word. She didn't have but a few minutes a day to use both hands to do anything, much less take care of a toddler.

I also really really wish all the photobucket evidence could have come in. If a jury saw half those pix, much less the "Diary of Days" and the drawing of the little girl and the hanging teddy bear, they would have flipped. Not to mention the fact that JG said in a depo he observed she had taken down most of the pix of Caylee from her photobucket during the 31 days. This jury is really getting the "Casey Lite" version of events.

What pics during the 31 days didn't the jury see. The only pics established as being taken during the period of June 16th and July 15th have IIRC been introduced. The State are bound by the rules of evidence. Lets see what doors Baez opens for the State during his case in chief. ;)

I was really hoping and praying the FBI found teeth marks that match ICA on the duct tape or (I know this is really stretching it here) ICA's fingerprints.

I hope to see the following:

The journal.
The bottle with the syringe and contents in the bottle.
The stain in trunk.
The possible fake license police took from ICAs purse.
Cell phone pings, especially for GA the day of Caylee's supposed drowning.

I whole heartedly agree with you on this for the states closing date. Why give that ammunition to Baez to exploit? I can hear him now, "This young girl, that had to lie in order to survive in that house of horrors, sits here today, on the one day that she should be allowed to grieve for her precious baby on the 3rd anniversary of her death, and instead, she stands before you fighting for HER life"....

UUUGGGHHH! My PC and TV will not survive that statement! I hope she gets to general population at some time and the bully inmates hold her down while the "jailhouse tattoo-er" corrects her tattoo to read:

Morte Fila Vita

What pics during the 31 days didn't the jury see. The only pics established as being taken during the period of June 16th and July 15th have IIRC been introduced. The State are bound by the rules of evidence. Lets see what doors Baez opens for the State during his case in chief. ;)

Casey had something like 1600 pics between photobucket, myspace, facebook, etc. online. I forget the exact date but she deleted the ones of Caylee right away.

what did they miss? an airtight case. there is so much room for "reasonable doubt" in this case.

WHAT IS MISSING????
IMO everything is missing. Nothing is cohesive.
No direct tie to KC except that she was the last one seen with Caylee. :twocents:

TRUE that she did NOT act right, that is all over the place, but that does not tie her to a murder.

I am afraid you are right. this is a huge letdown.

:hand:Don't forget: There are still rebuttal witnesses and closing arguments to tie together all the "missing" pieces!

I wonder how many people who think the state has NOT met its burden of proof in any way would feel much differently were it caylee's father accused and not her mother.

I wonder how many people who think the state has NOT met its burden of proof in any way would feel much differently were it caylee's father accused and not her mother.

That's a very good point, and one I will have to think about before I can answer. My gut instinct is that I'd feel the same way, but that's my emotional response, not my logical one.

It's all there songline. The story has been like a picture puzzle. Take each piece and put it together where it fits. At some point, you get the picture.

I did that, and nothing ties KC directly to any murder. All we have is that she was last seen with Caylee.

I do not think that GA let any evidence be found, he did a masterful clean up. MO

And I think Scott Peterson should be pondering over the fact that he was the last one to see Lacy: That's not what put Scott on death row, it was the circumstantial evidence that left only one logical explanation.... The Anthony case is a no-brainer.....I don't see my ice cubes freeze in the freezer, but when I put them in the freezer, it is only logical to think that the temperature of the freezer turned them from water to ice : )

That is jmho beyond a reasonable doubt :)

That's a very good point, and one I will have to think about before I can answer. My gut instinct is that I'd feel the same way, but that's my emotional response, not my logical one.

not to argue with you for your feelings :D but you might have that backwards, if you would feel the same way whether it was caylee's mother OR father accused, that's actually quite logical! to me, that places your opinion very firmly in logic, not emotion.

not to argue with you for your feelings :D but you might have that backwards, if you would feel the same way whether it was caylee's mother OR father accused, that's actually quite logical! to me, that places your opinion very firmly in logic, not emotion.

LOL just meant I would have to go through and examine my decision making process before I could say for sure that I would feel the same way, but after looking at it, yes, I would. I'm glad to hear your thoughts on this, it was an extremely interesting question.

Good question. For me, it wouldn't matter. Anyone who kills a child deserves to rot in prison, and especially if it's their own child or grandchild.
I do think the state put on a pretty good case, but I don't think they proved motive, (which they are not required to do) and I don't think they proved that the duct tape was the murder weapon. But I still believe Casey will be convicted, if not for murder 1, then a lesser charge.
I think the state showed her as the lying, manipulative little brat she really is, and juries tend to base opinions on whether they like someone or not.
Plus, I am pretty sure they won't buy that drowning story.

i hope the state gets TonE to state on rebuttal that although he liked Caylee he had told Casey that Caylee could not spend the night and that he only wanted boy children. that ties into Casey immediately spending the night after Caylee's death and never leaving TonEs unless he was out of town. its sounds like weak motive but it could be one mitigating factor

I agree with this 100%. They just breezed past this. I think they have simplified motive to jealousy of her mom and I don't think they proved even this well enough. Her mom was getting on her case and trying to hold her accountable at the same time casey met TL. She wanted to be free to be with TonE and hurting Cindy was icing on the cake.

Interestingly, after Caylee died, casey got a tattoo of an Italian phrase - beautiful life - just the life she was now free (in her mind), to pursue with her Italian boyfriend who wanted the mom but not the kid.

I think they are making a mistake by not including this information in their case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back