What's missing for Prosecution?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also hope state reminds the jury we wouldnt be here today with ANY questions if Casey merely led LE to Caylees body, confessed and allowed her child a proper funeral before having her remains scattered in a trash dunp. Why was Casey so adament about the body not being found? She obviously had something to hide and it was not a drowing. LE gave Casey every chance to admit to an accident and told her they would understand. Also please point out she wasn't so scared of GA since she bonded out to the Anthony home and begged to be bailed out to return again. (i want chili, i wanna come home, thats half my bond.ad nauseum)
Another thought, if DT bring in any part of letters to Cookie I hope the state can show she was still going on about Zanny (remember she admitted she had told Zanny to keep Caylee while Casey planned to move or start a new life? dont remember exact verbage) I hope jury can see that ICA and JB were still playing with the Zanny defense even while poor molested and scared ICA was safe in jail from the evil GA and had already ceased contact with family. She no longer had a reason to" fear" CA's wrath either at that time. Man I wish a pic of ICA and JB with their "Where's Caylee" buttons and be slipped in somewhere. Oppsie...like how JB slips things in.
I worry the state is so sure of their case that they forget its every minute detail that really draws the person to the conclusion in this case. I understand they dont want to confuse the jury but if they stick to their methodical time line way of presentation I think they can get a lot more info into this case.
Im not a lawyer so Im sure state has reasons to present as they have. Im just worried about the jury missing the totality of all the circumstances and inconsistancies

What's missing from the prosecution?

Passion.
Enthusiasm.
Gusto.

Very good, very respectful, however, extremely dry.

I agree. The state may fail to send KC to death by lethal injection. But it's obvious she should be held responsible for what happened to Caylee and if Caylee suffered before death, then KC should suffer in jail for the rest of her life. (there's multiple counts against her besides the 1st degree charge).

My biggest problem is - was Casey in this alone? If she had help of any kind, especially body disposal, will the "other party" get jail time? If not, why not? Can people who help a killer walk free?

My opinion only

I also hope state reminds the jury we wouldnt be here today with ANY questions if Casey merely led LE to Caylees body, confessed and allowed her child a proper funeral before having her remains scattered in a trash dunp. Why was Casey so adament about the body not being found? She obviously had something to hide and it was not a drowing. LE gave Casey every chance to admit to an accident and told her they would understand. Also please point out she wasn't so scared of GA since she bonded out to the Anthony home and begged to be bailed out to return again. (i want chili, i wanna come home, thats half my bond.ad nauseum)
Another thought, if DT bring in any part of letters to Cookie I hope the state can show she was still going on about Zanny (remember she admitted she had told Zanny to keep Caylee while Casey planned to move or start a new life? dont remember exact verbage) I hope jury can see that ICA and JB were still playing with the Zanny defense even while poor molested and scared ICA was safe in jail from the evil GA and had already ceased contact with family. She no longer had a reason to" fear" CA's wrath either at that time. Man I wish a pic of ICA and JB with their "Where's Caylee" buttons and be slipped in somewhere. Oppsie...like how JB slips things in.
I worry the state is so sure of their case that they forget its every minute detail that really draws the person to the conclusion in this case. I understand they dont want to confuse the jury but if they stick to their methodical time line way of presentation I think they can get a lot more info into this case.
Im not a lawyer so Im sure state has reasons to present as they have. Im just worried about the jury missing the totality of all the circumstances and inconsistancies

I agree. The WAY this case was presented to the jury bears little resemblance to the case as we know it and that, to me, isn't fair, and it isn't really justice. How many cases have we read about where a juror states if they had know such and such a fact, they would have voted differently?

My opinion only

After watching the video (omg that was painful) from yesterday's DT work as they opened their case - I have complete faith in the SA.

They held back those witnesses/experts who can soundly rebut ANYTHING the DT tries to present. I mean, JB had to strike his own question yesterday and while he may have inserted a question about paternity and the blanket - there was nothing to it, no evidence, and there won't be. It will end up being just one of his theories which has no evidentiary support.

I'm actually expecting there to be more comedy in this tragedy from this point on.:seeya:

I have faith that the SA will drive Caylees bus all the way to victory. How can they not, they have Caylee watching over them and showing SA Angles the way. SA is leading the way around the world for all the Caylees. God Bless you SA

I don't understand why they didn't call Tim Miller .
That would have driven home they expense she caused by not admitting her version of what happened to Caylee and just how far her deceptions went with all the facts of volunteers , donations ect.

I also hope state reminds the jury we wouldnt be here today with ANY questions if Casey merely led LE to Caylees body, confessed and allowed her child a proper funeral before having her remains scattered in a trash dunp.

At least now they can finally engrave her date of death as June 16, 2008.

Because of work I was not able to watch all of the prosecution's case, so forgive me if my problem was clearly answered - but

if I am on the jury I am thinking - "why"

Why did she kill her baby. I mean everything seems to indicate she did it - but I still cannot get past the question of why.

Did the prosecution address this question? If so, when, because I am interested in that.

Now I know they do not have to prove a motive by law - but I am speaking as a fact finer - this seems important to me.

I have not read this thread, so this is probably a repeat - sorry about that.

But, what about the computer-store guy who saw Caylee and KC at Wal-Mart on June 16th in the afternoon?????

I think he was wrong about the hour (it was probably a little after 1 and not a noon), but he is a good witness that I think was ignored and discarded. Perhaps if the state knew the DT would say Caylee was dead in the a.m., they would have called on this witness prior to the trial??

What was his name again?

Anyway, he would have been one more human being, besides GA who saw a living Caylee in the afternoon on the 16th. I think he might have insured a slam-dunk, if he was questioned. But, oh well...

The prosecution needs to explain the stain and if any cleaning was done to the stains. They need to say if decomp stains are needed to seep into materials or if a body enclosed in bags is enough to cause the lingering odor. They also need to tell a little more about chloroform and how it works by displacing oxygen and how it could affect blowflies. They need to say when they believe the trash from Tony's was placed into the trunk. There needs to be some timeline or theory of everything that happened with the trunk. They need more experts besides Vaas. Maybe I missed some testimony, but the jury could be somewhat confused. No one is talking about these questions on TV. All they do as usual, if focus on the sensational aspects of everything. Vaas is the only person I've ever heard even mention that stain, and he wasn't even supposed to talking about that, he was supposed to be talking about air, and it was very confusing.

I have not read the thread so forgive me but I think as far as motive goes I wished they would have called SP and CA's brother to the stand.Those two would have clarified the family dysfunctions for the jury and the motive would have became so much clearer for the jury to understand IMO

bela vita...the good life....she could sleep in bed with Caylee and her boy friend but they couldnt play with her there

so something had to give

what did she do the day after Caylee was killed: she stayed in bed and had sex all day.

then she got the tatoo...

the good life had arrived.

its plain as day and the case will be made

the stark fact will be highlighted

and she isnt the first woman to kill her kids that she seemingly adored to lead the good life.

seemingly adored isnt the same as adored. the little snot was stealing her mother away from her, taking the spotlight off her, and causing her big self esteem problems. people were ignoring her in favor if the kid.

did ya see the birthday party video...it was all Caylee and her grandparents. ICA's knees were all that got in the shot. ICA was there, but on the periphery...i can just hear her sick imaginings as this was going on.

you know the recent courtroom pic of her crooked finger beckoning someone in like an evil witch?

i see the same thing happening, metaphorically.

the state has to make all this plain to the jurors.

Because of work I was not able to watch all of the prosecution's case, so forgive me if my problem was clearly answered - but

if I am on the jury I am thinking - "why"

Why did she kill her baby. I mean everything seems to indicate she did it - but I still cannot get past the question of why.

Did the prosecution address this question? If so, when, because I am interested in that.

Now I know they do not have to prove a motive by law - but I am speaking as a fact finer - this seems important to me.

I have not read the thread so forgive me but I think as far as motive goes I wished they would have called SP and CA's brother to the stand.Those two would have clarified the family dysfunctions for the jury and the motive would have became so much clearer for the jury to understand IMO

Could they have done that, though? It seems like all the non-expert witnesses were closely related to the events at hand: friends who were with Casey during that 31 days, the family members who lived with her and were there when 911 was called, the owner of the tow yard that had the car. I'm not sure they could bring somebody in just to say that the family is dysfunctional in general. But I don't know for sure.

Is SP Cindy's mother? I thought I read here somewhere--while I've been devouring various threads--that she might be senile. If so, I don't know if she would be a credible witness. Not that she doesn't have good information to share, but senility could be used to impeach her.

...that alone is not plain as day as motive.During the prosecutions case it was clear that CA would have gladly taken Caylee.They needed to emphasize KC's realtionship with her mother more.That's the clue to motive.IMO

Could they have done that, though? It seems like all the non-expert witnesses were closely related to the events at hand: friends who were with Casey during that 31 days, the family members who lived with her and were there when 911 was called, the owner of the tow yard that had the car. I'm not sure they could bring somebody in just to say that the family is dysfunctional in general. But I don't know for sure.

Is SP Cindy's mother? I thought I read here somewhere--while I've been devouring various threads--that she might be senile. If so, I don't know if she would be a credible witness. Not that she doesn't have good information to share, but senility could be used to impeach her.

Yes,SP is Cindy's mother.They were both on the witness list so I thought they could be called.If you have not read SP's e-mails she exchanged with her friend during the time Caylee was missing it will give you a clear picture of the family dynamics.
I think SP said it best when she was interviewed by LE
KC hated CA more than she loved Caylee.

Yes,SP is Cindy's mother.They were both on the witness list so I thought they could be called.If you have not read SP's e-mails she exchanged with her friend during the time Caylee was missing it will give you a clear picture of the family dynamics.
I think SP said it best when she was interviewed by LE
KC hated CA more than she loved Caylee.

I see. I haven't read the emails, but if they were on the witness list, it does sound like the mother and brother would have been good, uh, "character" witnesses for the prosecution. (Anti-character witnesses?) People have brought up what sounds like a lot of good evidence on this board that the prosecutors didn't use; I wonder why they didn't? I'm new to the case, so I was unaware of the emails and what Cindy's mother said and so on.

The State still has their rebuttal and I'm betting their closing statement will hit hard and drive many facts to the jury that the DT has obfucated from the truth of the evidence. LDB touched ever so lightly on the contention between CA/ICA during the defenses motion for acquittal rebuttal...and ICA didn't bat an eye...

Defense puts their spin on things but I do feel Baez sent his client up the river with that horrible, unfactual OS...if he doesn't meet that burden with those jurors, they will hold it against his client and she will be seen for the alleged sociopath she is...How dare she bring her father into her mess thinking this will set her free from prison life...I believe she's a coward and I don't believe she will take the stand to corroborate her allegations of sexual abuse...I do believe Baez done his client in with that for he will never meet that burden...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

A little more emphasis on possible motive would help the jury feel better rendering a verdict. IDK if the jury realizes ICAs old friends let Caylee come to parties and new new love TonE wasn't comfortable with it. And I really wish they could go into the relationship between CA and ICA but I know they cannot since CA did not cooperate with complete honestly in depositions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer
Back