What's missing for Prosecution?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why they didn't call Tim Miller .
That would have driven home they expense she caused by not admitting her version of what happened to Caylee and just how far her deceptions went with all the facts of volunteers , donations ect.

TM has nothing to offer in the way of true direct evidence involving the crime itself. He was not brought in until well after the crime was committed, did not know the defendant during the period in question and had minimal contact with her subsequently. His only potential direct testimony would be regarding that incident where GA was trying to get KC to show them on a map. But in that case KC didn't actually say or show anything. So it is vague testimony open to many interpretations.

TM is a strong rebuttal witness and that is why he is on the states list. He will be called if the defense tries to claim that the remains were not at the suburban drive site for the extended period, or if they claim that the area was searched and nothing was found or if they claim that the area was not under water, or if they attempt to put LB on the stand to claim any of the above.

As to additional motive: Didn't Tony L tell ICA he wanted to have boys, not girls, when he had children? I know how lame a reason that would seem for ICA to kill Caylee, but any reason to kill that baby is lame.

At least now they can finally engrave her date of death as June 16, 2008.

I don't believe that will happen for two reasons. 1st nothing that comes out of ICA's mouth is the truth and the death certificate will read the date the remains were found. All missing persons found deceased death certificates read the date found.

ETA: It would be a dishonor to Caylee to not recognize the day she was found. If it were me ( and it is not of course so this is jmo) I might consider three dates on the grave marker, the date of birth, date missing and believed to have died and the day found/located.

jmo

The prosecution needs to explain the stain and if any cleaning was done to the stains. They need to say if decomp stains are needed to seep into materials or if a body enclosed in bags is enough to cause the lingering odor. They also need to tell a little more about chloroform and how it works by displacing oxygen and how it could affect blowflies. They need to say when they believe the trash from Tony's was placed into the trunk. There needs to be some timeline or theory of everything that happened with the trunk. They need more experts besides Vaas. Maybe I missed some testimony, but the jury could be somewhat confused. No one is talking about these questions on TV. All they do as usual, if focus on the sensational aspects of everything. Vaas is the only person I've ever heard even mention that stain, and he wasn't even supposed to talking about that, he was supposed to be talking about air, and it was very confusing.

Excellent comments txsvicki. :seeya:
I hope they read here and read your post.
The only thing I would add is the state recalling Dr. G. to the stand to testify about her not opening the skull. To those of us following the case it's not that important because we know there was no brain material in the skull. It would help the jurors imo to remake that statement.

Various news sources have reported that certain things we've heard these past 3 years are inadmissible and defined as being "hearsay." The term "hearsay" really confuses me because statements have been allowed by witnesses that are clearly not supported by provable fact. IMHO. Perhaps some of these will be brought up during the penalty phase.

For the prosecution, why didn't they bring in a botanist to talk about the plant growth showing that Caylee's body was dumped off Suburban Drive and wasn't moved? Why didn't the prosecution ask L.A. about the molestation allegations when he was on the stand to dispel the defense's opening statements to the jury?

For the prosecution, why didn't they bring in a botanist to talk about the plant growth showing that Caylee's body was dumped off Suburban Drive and wasn't moved? Why didn't the prosecution ask L.A. about the molestation allegations when he was on the stand to dispel the defense's opening statements to the jury?

i think Dr Hall the botanist may well be able to ideniify roots by sight and estimate their growth rates but in the absence of any peer reviewed literature to back his methods up and the fact that he only ever examined photographs, imho he would not have been a such a good witness for the State. On the other hand the State presented at least two experts, Dr Shultz and Dr Haskell who concluded Caylee's body had been there since June. Even the defense expert Dr Huntington conceded this point. And I suspect the State have Tim Miller and various TES volunteers waiting in the wings for a rebuttal case if necessary. :innocent:

As for why they didnt ask Lee about the sexual abuse allegations? Why give any credence to ICA's claims that she was a victim of abuse, that Caylee accidentally drowned or that she lies because of her horrendous upbringing. Baez attempted to lay the foundation for bringing up the abuse allegations during cross examination of State witnesses. He tried to proffer testimony from Tony Lazarro. It failed spectacularly :floorlaugh: and all Baez got was egg on his face and a subsequent motion in limine from the State. The Judge granted the State's motion that Baez could not question witnesses about the sexual abuse allegations in cross examination without first laying a foundation.

If he does during his own case in chief, it seems the State can bring up ICA's 6 felony convictions. :crazy:
Seems Mr Baez' OS "Come with me to Hopespring Drive" has put him and his client in that very undersirable spot of rock and hard place. :great:

The state did mention Casey's relationship with her mother last week, but if any of that comes in through testimony of Shirley or the Grund's it might help the defense unless it all comes out. I've never believed that there was much family dysfunction other than Casey herself. Everything said about the family has been from people that Casey was trying to mooch off or stay with. She didn't want these people to like or have contact with her family or to compare stories. Cindy being crazy, controlling, etc. has come from people that Casey was manipulating and/or stealing from, and is what she was telling them. A little tidbit of that behavior has come through during the trial, but probably not enough for a jury to get a good idea.

The one thing missing that stands out to me is the instrument used to cut the duct tape. What was the steaknife doing in ICA's car?

Her father cleaned all family cars every week. So this steaknife was placed after his last opportunity to detail car.

The state did mention Casey's relationship with her mother last week, but if any of that comes in through testimony of Shirley or the Grund's it might help the defense unless it all comes out. I've never believed that there was much family dysfunction other than Casey herself. Everything said about the family has been from people that Casey was trying to mooch off or stay with. She didn't want these people to like or have contact with her family or to compare stories. Cindy being crazy, controlling, etc. has come from people that Casey was manipulating and/or stealing from, and is what she was telling them. A little tidbit of that behavior has come through during the trial, but probably not enough for a jury to get a good idea.

Well, we all got a good idea of what some close neighbors thought with that interview posted about their feelings and that family. It was posted today or yesterday. She told us that G & A were often seen walking/strolling Caylee around block. She had only seen ICA go once.

The one thing missing that stands out to me is the instrument used to cut the duct tape. What was the steaknife doing in ICA's car?

Her father cleaned all family cars every week. So this steaknife was placed after his last opportunity to detail car.

Just for clarification, it's not really a steak knife per se. I don't know why something like this would be chosen to cut duct tape as opposed to scissors. Maybe this knife had nothing to do with the duct tape. Who knows?

Click to enlarge.

Attachments

• Knife.jpg
    Knife.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 19
The SA needs to take the jury on a field trip to the remains site, so they can see they can see for themselves just how callously Caylee was thrown away in a dump site full of trash and prove how outrageous the Kronk theory is.
I can say this with certainty after visiting the site myself.

According to the poll done by WFTV the state isn't missing anything, they are ready to convict but aren't so sure it was premeditated.

WFTV POLL: Testimony Reaction In Casey Trial

The adults who participated in the poll overwhelmingly believe the evidence the state is putting forward, while it appears they trust Jose Baez just a little more than they trust Casey.

WFTV has polled 668 Central Floridians who have followed the trial, and none said they would acquit Casey.

About 92 percent believe Casey is responsible for killing her daughter, Caylee. But only 53 percent believe she planned the murder.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28304195/detail.html

BBM-:floorlaugh:

About 92 percent believe Casey is responsible for killing her daughter, Caylee. But only 53 percent believe she planned the murder.

my snip

I just dont get that figure, this means that 47% of people dont think three strips of tape is NOT enough time to see what you're doing is not gonna end well for someone....

Just for clarification, it's not really a steak knife per se. I don't know why something like this would be chosen to cut duct tape as opposed to scissors. Maybe this knife had nothing to do with the duct tape. Who knows?

Click to enlarge.

I know...at the beginning, they were all saying it was a dinner knife but when Cindy was on the stand, she said steaknife.

my snip

I just dont get that figure, this means that 47% of people dont think three strips of tape is NOT enough time to see what you're doing is not gonna end well for someone....

When you think about it...either scenario, ICA had to be in a rage to put THREE layers on.

i wish they would talk about the argument they all had on june 15th (?) when casey left the house for the last time with caylee... AND get into why george/cindy didn't answer the phone when casey called the next day... the prosecution just may find their motive for murder (whether intentional or not) if they persued this... maybe they could even use casey's own 'confession' as to why caylee is now dead---that she's a spiteful b*tch...

Here are the areas I think the jury should still know more about to paint a clearer picture:
1. DUCT TAPE, how unique it was, it's durability, the rare Henkel brand, it came from the Anthony home,
and 3 PIECES had to have been torn/cut piece by piece and placed across her nose and mouth ( premeditation)
2. Computer searches indicate premeditation
3. Exactly where the pontiac sunfire was and when (to eliminate Kronk having acess to it)
4. Stain in trunk outline of Caylee lying in fetal position on her left side
5. Trunk thoroughly vacuumed and cleaned before it was taken into custody, most of the evidence removed and destroyed, then attempt to clean to rid of decomp smell
6. Dominic Casey & Hoover trying to find the black plastic bags and Caylee down the woods in November
7. LE told George about nearly 2,000 "bad pictures" found and removed from her computer
8. These go to motive:
Big fight on Fathers day night between Casey & Cindy
Jesse Grund saying she broke off with him because Casey thought that he loved Caylee more than her
Cindy's mom saying that she thought Casey hated Cindy more than she cared for Caylee

One other thing, Casey's cell phone pings, especially for the days of June 15th through the 17th. The jury has no idea that Casey was rarely off her phone or computer, but the cell pings and computer usage for those days do tell a story. Not sure if those dots have been connected for the jury yet.

As HHJP reminded Baez when he whined about getting the entire hard drive from the computer, and he wanted "the filtered" information the State had found, Paraphrasing of all the days that were vital to this case, the 15th, 16th & 17th are the ones surrounding the last time anyone saw Caylee alive. Baez complains about getting all the reports, notes etc in a "timely" fashion from the State, I think, because he wants them to do his research and work for him . . . .. epitome of lazy. I think someone else called it being "slothful."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back