What's missing for Prosecution?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even tho I believe Casey is guilty and I could convict her, I think there are alot of loose ends and none of the forensics were a sure thing. I am VERY concerned about their case and them getting a conviction. We are talking about the death penalthy here.

Why did the State leave out the fight that Cindy had on the 15th with Casey as part of their motive in this case?

-----I think because Cindy and George denied it under oath already. So the state is stuck with that testimony now.

Why don't they bring on the inmate where Casey confessed she drugged Caylee at times so she could party?

----I think because she is a felon, so is not very credible, and ALL they have is her word, no letters or audiotapes. So she could easily be discredited.

Roy Kronk is an issue and the State is trying to hide him.

----I think it was a judgement call and the state did the right thing. He is not at all a big deal to THEIR case, only to the DT's MADE UP case.
And the state is letting him be their witness, not theirs. If they had called him it would have been a 3 ring circus in the middle of their forensics case. I think thety made the right decision to wait and clear it up in cross and rebuttal.

Where was the duct tape before and after Caylee's death? No proof. Baez is making a thing about it.

----I think they may need to deal with that too. Depends upon where Baez goes with it.

Why weren't the heart stickers from the bedroom?
IDK

Why wasn't KC's child hood friend put on and testify about the pet burial ground in that area?

---Some people have said it was not the same place exactly, but I agree it might be helpful anyway. But she did sell her story to the Enquirer, so maybe she would not be wholly credible.

And there is alot more they could put on? Why be so quick with their case? I don't think it looks that great. I hope they are reading here!

Why didn't they put on some weather reports etc about the storm and how it would affect the remains?
----They might talk about that in the closing. They won't need an expert because the jury will likely remember it themselves.

Why didn't they have Texas Equsearch on to tell about how they missed the remains when they searched and the weather problems and flooding.

---I think they might still, but there were some problematic issues that could muck things up. Maybe they don't think they need it since they have the botanists and bug experts already.

There is so much they missed.

Ummm... What would coming forward and saying it was an accident have accomplished once she was charged with murder? Other than giving away the defense's (IMO lousy) strategy? I see where you're coming from, but I don't think this would have any bearing on my decision if I were a juror. It'll be interesting to see if any of the jurors talk after the verdict and if so, find out what evidence weighed most heavily on their decision.

I think her point is that she was given a zillion chances to say it was an accident. They asked her many times, and said, point blank, if she drowned and you are afraid , say so now and we can figure it out.

Her original reason for covering up the accident was because she did not want to tell her mom. Ok, fine, that makes sense. But once it is out that the child is missing, and mom already knows, and the cops are telling you to either fess up to an accident or you will be charged with MURDER---and she still sticks to her big nanny LIE? That makes no sense.

I'm gonna try this again. In the NCIS report of Hawkins statement, he mentions that when he spoke with ICA about Caylee missing, she stated something to the effect that "And the worst part is they're looking at me!

Then after he left, he called back to the Anthony's home, GA told him that Casey had been arrested that day. When he hung up the phone, he called his Mother to tell her & she said, "I forgot to tell you but I saw Casey about a week ago at Target, by herself, buying a case of beer" His Mom said ICA was telling her about her boyfriend coming back into town (but she didn't say from where). And, that she thought about asking ICA where Caylee was but didn't.

He also states that when he talked to her during her "good life" times, she never mentioned a nanny or a babysitter. When he asked her where Caylee was, she would say at her Mom's or was taking her to her Mom's because she hadn't seen her in a while. This was while she was staying at Tony's....ICA told him mad at CA & took Caylee and they were both staying at Tony's house.

The biggest thing that wasn't allowed in were the big thefts from the grandparents and from Cindy, but Casey said herself in the universal interrogation tape that she had taken her mother's credit cards and charged a lot of "nothing". She admitted to doing wrong, and the jury knows that she technically took their car. If the defense calls the Grunds, Kio Marie, the jailhouse lady, etc. then the prosecution will be able to ask them things. I think the prosecution did a good job with the evidence. There's some things I missed and don't understand though, such as what was done about that stain in the trunk. Were the fibers tested, what did it show, and how do they think it got there. Also, I never heard anything of any theory about how the chloroform got into the trunk, how much, and means of getting it in there. I don't understand why that wasn't brought up or if the jury could have the same questions.

I'm surprised we have not heard from J Grund and the friend who said her and KC used to bury their pets with stickers in that same spot in the woods.

Kio Marie sold her story to the NE. She also claimed Casey phoned her and asked to borrow money. She later changed that to it being some other Casey.:waitasec: Frankly calling her might might smack of desperation. I dont think the State need Kio. Caylee was dumped 15 houses from the Anthony home. Enough said.

As for Jesse, he told LE (paraphrasing) If Caylee died accidentally e.g. the pool, ICA would be devastated and would invent a new reality. That makes him a better witness for the defense who are claiming she did infact go into a period of denial and ugly coping.

I'm wondering why the stain in the trunk was not introduced. I guess they could be saving it but I thought they would have brought it in by now.
Good one. And then the duct tape wrapped around the back of Caylee's head.

I was really shocked and disappointed today to hear that the State will finish after one more full day of testimony. There is so much more that they could bring into evidence regarding KC's behaviors and character via her "picture gallery" (1,000s of images), pings (re where she was and when and how she was sneaking in and out of the house according to her parent's work schedule), her constant, over the top, use of pc/laptop, phone, text, etc...(how she could have possibly been responsibly caring for a child with all of this is startling) also, she never slept! LOTS and lots of bizarre strangeness that could have given a glimpse into who she was and what she was doing...

I hope that as a "layman" I'm not getting it. They've brought lots of evidence in for sure but they still haven't painted the full picture of who she truly is!

They haven't done "beyond reasonable doubt" yet and for those of us who have been following since the beginning, it's disappointing as we know well that there isn't a "reasonable doubt"!

I hope I'm wrong and that there are other strategies in play.

moo

Definitely need the cell phone pings which, moving from tower to tower, really show her locations. That's critical.

Show the pic (I can't locate it now but it exists) of Santa Claus with a pouty ICA sitting by herself on one side of him and CA holding lil Caylee on HER lap on opposite side of Santa. You can really get a grasp of the family dynamic by that pic IMO.

They gotta somehow bring up that arguement CA & ICA had on 15th.

And please, I hope someone reminds the jury that ICA did NOT report her daughter missing after 31 days. She had NO intention of EVER reporting it.

Kio Marie sold her story to the NE. She also claimed Casey phoned her and asked to borrow money. She later changed that to it being some other Casey.:waitasec: Frankly calling her might might smack of desperation. I dont think the State need Kio. Caylee was dumped 15 houses from the Anthony home. Enough said.

As for Jesse, he told LE (paraphrasing) If Caylee died accidentally e.g. the pool, ICA would be devastated and would invent a new reality. That makes him a better witness for the defense who are claiming she did infact go into a period of denial and ugly coping.

From the beginning something about Kio struck me as untrustworthy. Not only did the Casey calling to borrow money seem off but also the story of her considering adopting Caylee seemed weird too. I was shocked when Caylee was found where Kio suggested they look.

What I really want the state to get in is the anti death penalty image she uploaded after Caylee was "missing". (why do people kill people who kill people) and also her everybody lies everybody dies myspace posting..

They need to bring up all the people she conned into babysitting for free saying she had jobs that didn't exist just so she could go out and party ...starting with the Grunds . This was pretty much a constant from the time Caylee was born

The state has already proven she is a habitual liar who used people so she could be a party girl.

I think the cell pings are relevant.

I also wonder what the Home Depot video tape is all about.

I really thought we would hear from LP partner ( can't recall her name ) who stayed in the house with Casey after LP bailed her out. Also thought we might hear from AD because she also spent one night there when Casey was out.

I really thought we would hear from LP partner ( can't recall her name ) who stayed in the house with Casey after LP bailed her out. Also thought we might hear from AD because she also spent one night there when Casey was out.

I can't remember the exact legal reasons why she may not be able to testify but apparently, she cannot.

moo

I'm not worried in the least. I continue to think about the first day I heard of this case and what it felt like as a mother to hear that 31 days had passed and this woman had not reported her baby missing. With that, I feel that the prosecution is waiting to put the rest of their case to the jury in rebuttal.

Baez will truly start to feel the smack down here really soon.

By waiting to use some of these witnesses, the tattoo..so on and so forth, the prosecution is keeping all the bad fresh on the minds of the jury instead of throwing it all at them at once.

I agree. I'd like to hear duct tape guy, and anyone who saw ica between June15-18.

I'm not worried in the least. I continue to think about the first day I heard of this case and what it felt like as a mother to hear that 31 days had passed and this woman had not reported her baby missing. With that, I feel that the prosecution is waiting to put the rest of their case to the jury in rebuttal.

Baez will truly start to feel the smack down here really soon.

By waiting to use some of these witnesses, the tattoo..so on and so forth, the prosecution is keeping all the bad fresh on the minds of the jury instead of throwing it all at them at once.
I hope that you're right. The SA had so much more evidence to paint this woman as the evil that she is - yet they didn't. Now the defence will spend their time showing how strange and dysfunctional the family is and it will definitely have an impact. It has on all of us hasn't it? We still don't understand it.

moo

<snipped>A lot more needs to be brought in to wrap it up for me (as far as the jury goes). Especially the fight, and how CA talked to a counselor to kick ICA out of the house, and to request custody of Caylee Marie. The jury hasn't a clue about this info.

MOO - please and thanks.

Mel

I agree that it is revenge killing. I think the state has a big problem with GA and CA because they have painted a picture of a nice normal happy family. Casey got pregnant with no father in sight and it was all fine. Now to have them turn around and say there were arguements, threats, physical altercations and there was a lot of lying and stealing makes their testimony questionable....not to mention they look like fools.

There was person after person on the stand testifying about Casey's lies and we have only heard a small percentage of them I am sure. Yet her parents sit there and paint a happy rosy picture. So it will be interesting if the family drama comes into evidence.

txsvicki,
Glad you mentioned the stain in the trunk. How can that not be talked about? Imo that's important evidence.
Throwing this out there for anyone--could there be a reason that won't be discussed? Could the state be holding the trunk stain testimony for their last day?

Zenaida Gonzalez.

I know the state will prep for a rebuttal case which may include some we have yet to see, like RoyK, or DomC. But I think their time has come and gone for Zenaida to make an impact.

The lawyers know how to do this better than I, but somehow I believe they should have gotten Zenaida to:

Talk about the lengths KC went to to blame a "nanny" and the actions LE took.
Talk about the lengths KC went to to keep the game going, by refusing to eliminate her as a suspect.
Talk about how KC is suing her. Who would sue someone because their daughter drowned in an unrelated accident? That is beyond lying to cover up an accident, that's what we call proactive. Proactively framing someone else. It took effort for KC to go to this level with the nanny thing.
Zenaida is good to illustrate how this nanny thing went from a story to a real-life person being brought into the fold.
But KC knew if she blamed someone she knew, that person would have an alibi and deniability. But an imaginanny would not. Zenaida Gonzalez would have been helpful to really bring the importance of KC's nanny lie to another level. It was beyond a lie you make up due to molestation or fear. It was a lie you make up so that it purposefully leads to a dead end. Problem was, it lead to real live Zenaidas, and like LDB pointed out, when it did, KC just forged ahead with a bigger lie-She swore out an affidavit that states that Zenaida Gonzalez is injuring her in some way that a civil court should hear.

Chain of events: Your child dies in a drowning and you and your father cover it up. You lie and blame a non-existent (to you) person. LE finds a real person. You sue her. As John Allen asked KC several times at Universal-Does that make sense to you??

The SA know what they are doing as this is not their first time handling a murder case. What they have presented shows KC for who she really is. If the state thinks that something else needs to be added, they will do so.

Tracey is LPs assistant or whatever she is called. She is the one that spent time in the Anthony house. I do not feel that she would be a good witness for the State since she has put money into KCs jail account at least once. It would seem that Tracey is not thinking that KC murdered Caylee, at least IMO. I know I could never give money to a person that I felt murdered their child. Tracey also has the same nervous laughter thing that Lee has/had.

MOO

I do not believe the state has proved without a reasonable doubt how she died, they have thrown chloroform out there and duct tape covering her mouth and nose out there. They have left us wondering exactly what she died from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkogoose
Back