When will the investigation resume?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they are so intertwined that "so goes one, so go all", so to speak.

to answer the question posed in the title of this thread: the investigation doesn't have to be resumed because it has been an active and ongoing investigation since the night CA called 911.

The hard work of OCSO and other related agencies did not stop when KC was indicted, arrested and jailed. As with every serious crime that LE handles, investigation continues right up to and perhaps even into a trial, unless there is a guilty plea or plea bargain that is accepted, or some other resolution to a case. We may not be getting daily updates from OCSO or the media about what leads they are pursuing now, but I am sure they are working just as hard as they did in the early days of this case, they are doing it quietly and with less media attention.

Hopefully it will resume today. We NEED another document dump to keep us busy.

to answer the question posed in the title of this thread: the investigation doesn't have to be resumed because it has been an active and ongoing investigation since the night CA called 911.

The hard work of OCSO and other related agencies did not stop when KC was indicted, arrested and jailed. As with every serious crime that LE handles, investigation continues right up to and perhaps even into a trial, unless there is a guilty plea or plea bargain that is accepted, or some other resolution to a case. We may not be getting daily updates from OCSO or the media about what leads they are pursuing now, but I am sure they are working just as hard as they did in the early days of this case, they are doing it quietly and with less media attention.

And LE has all my support and sympathy having to deal with this mess, day in and day out. They are amazing people. I just wish they would share a just a little more info. LOL!

O/T Love your siggy line!

I hope soon....I feel like "Number Five" from the movie "Short Circuit"....INPUT, INPUT....I need input!!!

I posted this on the cremation thread:

When George mentioned he had a special "locket" during the service, my first thought was the type of locket they offer to people when loved ones are cremated. (Men don't usually wear or carry lockets, imo.)

If the private service and cremation have already taken place, as Casey indicated via JB, then are they trying to keep it a secret from LE? This could be an effort to further push the investigation back and buy more time before those "tough question" interviews which are supposed to take place after the funeral, imo.

I agree completely, however, I posted this because I recall that investigators were waiting for the funeral/memorial before pursuing/questioning/interviewing the Anthony's. That's what I meant to and should have been more specific.

I think we will see some activity next week but that's just a guess.

Arrest them for what? If there were any arrests pending, they wouldn't have waited this long. Whatever the Anthonys have done to cover up, was done a long time ago, they would have already arrested/charged them by now.
Every time this question is asked on HLN, whoever they ask always says they have talked to OCSO and the answer is "there are no plans for arresting or charging the Anthonys for any crime in the near future." I think that is self-explanatory.
I have not read or seen anything that would constitute an actual crime any of them have committed, other than believing the lies that Casey told them, and changing their stories to the media, and since the media is good at changing stories themselves, then maybe some of them should be arrested.

Arrest them for what? If there were any arrests pending, they wouldn't have waited this long. Whatever the Anthonys have done to cover up, was done a long time ago, they would have already arrested/charged them by now.
Every time this question is asked on HLN, whoever they ask always says they have talked to OCSO and the answer is "there are no plans for arresting or charging the Anthonys for any crime in the near future." I think that is self-explanatory.
I have not read or seen anything that would constitute an actual crime any of them have committed, other than believing the lies that Casey told them, and changing their stories to the media, and since the media is good at changing stories themselves, then maybe some of them should be arrested.

So who is correct? Pundits speculating or the lawyers representing the family?

Didn't Lee's own attorney say that he expects Lee to be charged?

Also wanted to comment on the bolded above. It says there are no plans for arrest in the near future, not there are no plans for arrest at all. Quite a difference, IMO. Near future could have been to allow them the memorial and/or funeral. They have who they want. They know the Anthony's are not the ones who killed Caylee so although they may be charged, I can see allowing them to have their goodbye first. JMO.

i agree that the investigation has be on going since day 1 (31). i too remember LE saying that they will bring the A's back in for questioning after the service...their atty's have been pushing for immunity. although, i dont quite comprehend why LA's atty is publicly stating that he thinks he will face charges. that sounds like putting the cart before the horse if you ask me. just like TB's press release about caylee being deceased and it was most likely from an overdose - or whatever he said - months before the body was found. the only word that comes to mind having to do with these atty's and the "spokesperson" for baez is "DOH!"

...i think that will be brought back in for questioning very soon - but i dont think anyone else will be arrested.

i think another doc dump will happen...hopefully this week, if not next.

Don't forget there were federal investigators involved here. What OCSO plans to do and what the FBI plans may be two different things. I have never heard that the FBI said there will be no charges at this or any time.

We need a new document dump to get back to sleuthing and we need it soon.

Do you think public sympathy will be a factor in whether or not the SA brings charges against the remaining Anthonys (assuming there is reason for charges)?

I do not think so. They held off thus far out of respect for Caylee and the family. I believe that courtesy has been taken advantage of and I hope LE has only been waiting. Hopefully, we will hear something today.

All the following is just my opinion.

The family has had their memorial. I don't know about any private services. I can see LE allowing this to take place before further questioning. Now they can conduct an interview without having to wade through all the "Caylee is alive", "Caylee is in TX, NY, PR etc." nonsense.
As far as charges, I don't know if they plan on charging any of them for anything, but the fact they haven't been arrested yet doesn't mean much to me. The statute of limitations doesn't run out for quite some time, and LE might consider charging any of them now as tipping their hand. Also, now that it is established Caylee is indeed dead, and they should have a rough estimate of when she was killed, LE should be able to ask some hard questions, and may be giving the family another chance to clean up their act and cooperate. As high profile as this case has turned out to be, LE is probably more interested in making sure Casey goes away forever than getting some family members for interfering with the investigation.
I wouldn't have a problem with any of them being charged down the road if they did indeed hinder the investigation. It's one thing to tell the media your child is innocent til he!! freezes over, but lying to LE about the murder of a two year old child should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Lanie

I agree with you on this. The only people talking about arrests, immunity, etc. are either the media or atttorneys representing the A's. I have not seen one interview or heard one sound bite where ANY LE agency, OCSO, FBI, etc. have even hinted about charges being filed against the A's. While I know a lot of people WANT this to happen, and many people think GA, CA and/or LA SHOULD be charged, they may be disappointed. I know many Ws people will refer to the 'in the near future' phrase as evidence that it may happen somewhere down the line, but I really don't see it. I am not trying to stir up a debate on whether they should be charged, honest, I am just saying that I have not seen any LE agency say or indicate in any way that they will be charged.

I agree with you on this. The only people talking about arrests, immunity, etc. are either the media or attorneys representing the A's. I have not seen one interview or heard one sound bite where ANY LE agency, OCSO, FBI, etc. have even hinted about charges being filed against the A's. While I know a lot of people WANT this to happen, and many people think GA, CA and/or LA SHOULD be charged, they may be disappointed. I know many Ws people will refer to the 'in the near future' phrase as evidence that it may happen somewhere down the line, but I really don't see it. I am not trying to stir up a debate on whether they should be charged, honest, I am just saying that I have not seen any LE agency say or indicate in any way that they will be charged.

You are correct, Mac. The worst speculators have been the A's attorney's. If I were LA, I'd be pizzed at Luka for going on TV and saying that.

The other thing people need to consider is that if the SA office decides to file charges against the A's and LE goes out to arrest them, they are not going to announce it in the media. You will know it's happening about the time they're leading them out of the house in handcuffs. While it's nice to think that LE is being compassionate by not arresting them before the memorial service, you need to think about it for a minute. If the A's had done something that they needed to be arrested for, how much liability would LE incur by letting them stay free. How much would the case against them weaken by letting them stay free. LE doesn't work like that. I'm sure as individuals they are all very kind, caring and compassionate people. As a LE agency, they cannot. The phrase "in the near future" leaves the door open to the possibility that if the A's do commit a chargeable offense they will be charged and arrested.

You are correct, Mac. The worst speculators have been the A's attorney's. If I were LA, I'd be pizzed at Luka for going on TV and saying that.

The other thing people need to consider is that if the SA office decides to file charges against the A's and LE goes out to arrest them, they are not going to announce it in the media. You will know it's happening about the time they're leading them out of the house in handcuffs. While it's nice to think that LE is being compassionate by not arresting them before the memorial service, you need to think about it for a minute. If the A's had done something that they needed to be arrested for, how much liability would LE incur by letting them stay free. How much would the case against them weaken by letting them stay free. LE doesn't work like that. I'm sure as individuals they are all very kind, caring and compassionate people. As a LE agency, they cannot. The phrase "in the near future" leaves the door open to the possibility that if the A's do commit a chargeable offense they will be charged and arrested.
Bolded by me.
JMO. I have seen time after time after time someone not being charged with a crime for years while LE is building a case. The only evidence of criminal action I have seen by any of them is lying to LE. That hardly makes them any danger to society at large.
I do agree with you, we won't know anything about it until they have been arrested, if they ever are.
I also agree about Lee's attorney. What is wrong with that guy, anyway?
Lanie

I also agree about Lee's attorney. What is wrong with that guy, anyway?
Lanie

Remember there's always someone that 1st in their law class and always someone that's last. Both of them get to sit for the Bar and if they pass their both lawyers. I'm sure after this case is over Mr. Luka will go back to his normal DUI and speeding ticket cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back