Votes: 78 20.9%
  • Laying in woods

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Where TM could watch the site

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • hurts my heart; but, a landfill

Votes: 35 9.4%

• Total voters
I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about manholes for quite awhile, but didn't think there was public sewer and water in this area. I've read about septic tanks but nothing about public sewer. If there are manholes, those for sewer lines and storm water drainages can be quite large. Definitely large enough to put a person in. If the body is dropped on the ledge it could reasonably stay there and not be washed downstream until a flooding condition existed and depending upon the length of time its been there could easily avoid notice unless it was caught on screens that are in place to catch large debris before it gets into the treatment plants basins. As long as those screens aren't totally blocked it should not cause any sewage backups into homes, etc. I don't know if this type of system is in place and what type of line maintenance programs are in place if there is public sewer.

Just something I've been thinking about.

Hey Mel! There are some of those larger drainage systems in downtown MB, the older section-not far from Broadway. The ones that are like rectangular cut out areas underneath the curb. If that makes sense to you, sorry don't know official term. They usually have bar like vertical grates. But you can see into some of them. I can remember during heavy rain thinking my dog could get washed down one of them. The 10th ave water treatment may have like pools, if that seems reasonable. My ex husband and I used to have a saying "the wind is coming from 10th ave.". Meaning it seemed of well-death. This is the 10thaveN/ mr. Joe white ave that caused so much confusion in the begining bc of the two names for one street.

IMO, with the way that LE speaks about the case regarding finding HE's body doesn't show much optimism about ever finding her body. I wonder if they have a good idea of what they did with her that will come out during the trial.

However, I really really hope the remains in FL turn out to be her so that she'll get the proper burial she deserves and some closure for the family. :please:

I just want to throw this out there. The WDW water park that the M's went to for their honeymoon....The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Old Disney Park photos

is closed and abandoned. IF they put Heather in FL when they took that last trip, this would be a place known to them and a place that doesn't have many people around. It is possible to get into the park because I found pics on the Disboards taken by a guy who went in and took pics of everything. It's really awful and run down now. It was really creepy because this guy took a pic of one of the same slides that TM posted a pic of. Anyway,I'm not saying that I think that Heather was put there...just giving some info.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bhaynes18/river-country-disneys-abandoned-water-park-9f1k

I just want to throw this out there. The WDW water park that the M's went to for their honeymoon....The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Old Disney Park photos

is closed and abandoned. IF they put Heather in FL when they took that last trip, this would be a place known to them and a place that doesn't have many people around. It is possible to get into the park because I found pics on the Disboards taken by a guy who went in and took pics of everything. It's really awful and run down now. It was really creepy because this guy took a pic of one of the same slides that TM posted a pic of. Anyway,I'm not saying that I think that Heather was put there...just giving some info.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bhaynes18/river-country-disneys-abandoned-water-park-9f1k

I find it nearly impossible that she would be placed there. River Country is next to Fort Wilderness and while this guy was able to sneak in and get pictures, 2 people carrying a body would very likely be noticed. Discovery Island (across from River Country) is only reachable by boat (or a strong swimmer) and private boats are not allowed. The part that connects River Country to the lake is still visible, you see it going from the Fort to Magic Kingdom, and lake water still goes right up to it. Any dumping in that water would be found out pretty quickly.

Disney knows about that guy, and all the other people who are curious and there is a guard shack there now. While I do believe it's possible they dumped her in FL, I don't think this would be it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I find it nearly impossible that she would be placed there. River Country is next to Fort Wilderness and while this guy was able to sneak in and get pictures, 2 people carrying a body would very likely be noticed. Discovery Island (across from River Country) is only reachable by boat (or a strong swimmer) and private boats are not allowed. The part that connects River Country to the lake is still visible, you see it going from the Fort to Magic Kingdom, and lake water still goes right up to it. Any dumping in that water would be found out pretty quickly.

Disney knows about that guy, and all the other people who are curious and there is a guard shack there now. While I do believe it's possible they dumped her in FL, I don't think this would be it.

I don't think Heather is in water. I don't know why...but I just don't think so.

I don't think Heather is in water. I don't know why...but I just don't think so.

In the water there or in the water anywhere? I don't think she is either.

One thing I forgot to add....The only way to get close to River Country is through either Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge or the lake. You would have to check in with security to go past the gates for either resort (show license and explain why you're there if not checking in) and again, no access to the lake is available unless you are at a resort on Bay Lake or the Magic Kingdom.

In the water there or in the water anywhere? I don't think she is either.

One thing I forgot to add....The only way to get close to River Country is through either Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge or the lake. You would have to check in with security to go past the gates for either resort (show license and explain why you're there if not checking in) and again, no access to the lake is available unless you are at a resort on Bay Lake or the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think she's in the water anywhere. Thank you so much for all of the great info about River Country. :tyou:

For what ever reason, the thought keeps popping into my mind that her remains are on or close around the family lot. It has swampy drainage ditches nearby that keep the ground moist and easy to dig. They have lived there for at least 20 years, they have probably buried pets in and around those woods. Plus we had the added big freak out about trespassing in the beginning. I know people get very touchy about trespassers, I personally have a huge sign. But-they knew what those people were looking for, sooo if nothing to hide...why not play it cool? I mean if I killed someone and put the body in a landfill and someone was picking around my rose bush...I might just think-let them pick?

Does anyone remember the woman who went missing for a lonnnnng time, and her husband had buried her in the basement? The police searched the house over and over, then they brought in ground penetrating radar and found her in the very corner in the basement? The husband wanted to finish eating his spaghetti before they arrested him? Well HE was a small person, she could be in a small hole on that property somewhere.

For what ever reason, the thought keeps popping into my mind that her remains are on or close around the family lot. It has swampy drainage ditches nearby that keep the ground moist and easy to dig. They have lived there for at least 20 years, they have probably buried pets in and around those woods. Plus we had the added big freak out about trespassing in the beginning. I know people get very touchy about trespassers, I personally have a huge sign. But-they knew what those people were looking for, sooo if nothing to hide...why not play it cool? I mean if I killed someone and put the body in a landfill and someone was picking around my rose bush...I might just think-let them pick?

Does anyone remember the woman who went missing for a lonnnnng time, and her husband had buried her in the basement? The police searched the house over and over, then they brought in ground penetrating radar and found her in the very corner in the basement? The husband wanted to finish eating his spaghetti before they arrested him? Well HE was a small person, she could be in a small hole on that property somewhere.

I do remember that story. The husband just sat there very calm and wanted to finish his dinner.:facepalm:

I looked until about 5am for that name...seems like it was Pearl or Rose Braun maybe? Anyway, they had looked in the basement many times. But he had her at the edge and that radar was the only thing that found her. We do not generally have basements in SC. But they seem to have lots of areas around the M's family home that they could hide HE.

I keep thinking septic tank. I know they had dogs around the tanks, but is there really a way to check them all? Just because they now have a lock on them, it doesn't mean they always had that specific lock on them.

The confidence of TM not getting caught does seem to indicate some planning went into it.

JMO
I used to think fire could have been used but I dont think they had the patience to burn an all night large blaze somewhere.

Dismembering and getting rid of the pieces is possible although not sure what they would have done with the pieces unless they knew where some hungry alligators were.
Since SM was in the restarant business wondering if he had access to a large commercial size meat grinder. A lot of cleanup would be needed with that type of method although I would not put it past them using a gross method like dismembering or grinding up which would make disposal easier.

One thing I had thought of a long time ago was taking a boat out off-shore and throwing her overboard with weights to keep her down. They may have known someone that had a boat that could go into the ocean a little ways out. I dont think they would rent a boat for something like that so they would have had to known someone with a boat. The boat would not have to be all that large to get out in the ocean and sink a body if done properly with weight.
Would have took some planning although it does seem like some serious planning went into this. I think they had the time during that night or maybe even the following morning to get a boat out if they had access to one.

I just wish LE would find out what they did with her.

I looked until about 5am for that name...seems like it was Pearl or Rose Braun maybe? Anyway, they had looked in the basement many times. But he had her at the edge and that radar was the only thing that found her. We do not generally have basements in SC. But they seem to have lots of areas around the M's family home that they could hide HE.

I can't find it either.:banghead:

IMO, with the way that LE speaks about the case regarding finding HE's body doesn't show much optimism about ever finding her body. I wonder if they have a good idea of what they did with her that will come out during the trial.

However, I really really hope the remains in FL turn out to be her so that she'll get the proper burial she deserves and some closure for the family. :please:

I think LE knows what happened to her and are not optimistic she will be found.

Either TM or her sister used to work at the abandoned Hard Rock theme park in Myrtle Beach. I've thought, and probably mentioned, that I would look around in there as well.

Either TM or her sister used to work at the abandoned Hard Rock theme park in Myrtle Beach. I've thought, and probably mentioned, that I would look around in there as well.

Good point.

I think Heather is in the Francis Marion Forest. It is over 259,000 acres and is located in the coastal plain of South Carolina and is bounded to the north by Santee River, the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. The forest is situated between two major metropolitan areas: Myrtle Beach (30 miles to the north) and Charleston (40 miles to the south).

Considering SM has ties to Summerville it would have been a familiar route for him to go between MB and Summerville. It is eerily desolate and there are miles and miles of forest access roads. When ever I have driven or taken short cuts through the forest I can drive for miles and never see another vehicle.

The forest has been known for criminal activity and is the scene for other bodies being disposed of/recovered. Several cases are included in the article linked which I have followed here at WS.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120913/PC16/120919665
Charleston County Chief Deputy John Clark said the Francis Marion's size and terrain present unique challenges to law enforcement. The forest straddles two counties and is filled with thick underbrush, swamps and wild boar.

jmo

The confidence of TM not getting caught does seem to indicate some planning went into it.

JMO
I used to think fire could have been used but I dont think they had the patience to burn an all night large blaze somewhere.

Dismembering and getting rid of the pieces is possible although not sure what they would have done with the pieces unless they knew where some hungry alligators were.
Since SM was in the restarant business wondering if he had access to a large commercial size meat grinder. A lot of cleanup would be needed with that type of method although I would not put it past them using a gross method like dismembering or grinding up which would make disposal easier.

One thing I had thought of a long time ago was taking a boat out off-shore and throwing her overboard with weights to keep her down. They may have known someone that had a boat that could go into the ocean a little ways out. I dont think they would rent a boat for something like that so they would have had to known someone with a boat. The boat would not have to be all that large to get out in the ocean and sink a body if done properly with weight.
Would have took some planning although it does seem like some serious planning went into this. I think they had the time during that night or maybe even the following morning to get a boat out if they had access to one.

I just wish LE would find out what they did with her.
Been awhile since the arrest and I was wondering if landfills were checked ,especially ones that the restaurants where SM worked had their refuse dumped.

I know it's been searched, but I still believe Heather is somewhere on the family "compound." Tammy needs to be in control and I can't imagine Heather being somewhere that she doesn't have absolute control over. I believe Syndey's various skills were used in hiding her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop
Back