Where should I post about a missing person from Australia missing in US

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Baba O'Riley

Reaction score
Hi all: I am somewhat new and I would like to know how to properly post about a missing person. I saw it on my Facebook feed. A 33-year-old Australian man, John Regan, visited the U.S. and has not been seen or heard from in weeks. He was supposed to return to Sydney for a family wedding on February 1. His family is concerned because he hasn't touched his bank account for a while and he has no credit card so he would have to be withdrawing funds from the account to travel.

I don't see anything while Googling for news so perhaps it hasn't been deemed newsworthy. Is it proper to post about a missing person just from a post on Facebook? For all I know, he may have been found already. But having two children in their early 30s myself, I can understand the family's anxiety -- I know my kids would never go so long without contacting me especially if they were supposed to be home for a family wedding. If it is proper to post, then which forum? Australian missing persons, even though he is missing in the US or maybe even Canada? Thanks.

Hi all: I am somewhat new and I would like to know how to properly post about a missing person. I saw it on my Facebook feed. A 33-year-old Australian man, John Regan, visited the U.S. and has not been seen or heard from in weeks. He was supposed to return to Sydney for a family wedding on February 1. His family is concerned because he hasn't touched his bank account for a while and he has no credit card so he would have to be withdrawing funds from the account to travel.

I don't see anything while Googling for news so perhaps it hasn't been deemed newsworthy. Is it proper to post about a missing person just from a post on Facebook? For all I know, he may have been found already. But having two children in their early 30s myself, I can understand the family's anxiety -- I know my kids would never go so long without contacting me especially if they were supposed to be home for a family wedding. If it is proper to post, then which forum? Australian missing persons, even though he is missing in the US or maybe even Canada? Thanks.
A Facebook post would probably not be enough to start a thread. From the "How to Start a Missing Person" thread.

1. It begins with information from an official source: a news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a NamUs listing, etc. A missing person poster from social media is generally not sufficient.

See more at link below.

How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

I just came across his case on FB as well. I wish there was a thread on him, it sounds very mysterious and concerning.
Supposedly his MP report is with Granville (Sydney) PD, I wonder if an admin/mod could contact them and confirm?

Does anyone know where he was traveling in the US as a starting point for searching? Thanks.
I couldn't find any MSM articles re: this case when googling.

Does anyone know where he was traveling in the US as a starting point for searching? Thanks.
I couldn't find any MSM articles re: this case when googling.
Don't think we can post much since he doesn't have a thread
The family haven't gone to media yet. They've been in contact with local police, DC police, interpol and also hired a PI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back