Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I never fully understood why JB would want a jury in Miami anyways? I have always thought that it was based on the high Hispanic population and that he thought he could win over the Hispanic jurors. The problem I have with that is Casey accused a Half Puerto Rican/Half Black woman of kidnapping and killing Caylee... basically. I think that accusation trumps JB being a Hispanic lawyer!

Miami has one of the most corrupt judicial systems in Florida....
JB probably thought he could buy the trial. JMO

a recent story
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/broward/blog/2011/04/browards_firstever_corruption.html

:nevermind:

I just went back and looked. Bay News 9 and CF 13 both posted the story at exactly 12:56 PM.

I never fully understood why JB would want a jury in Miami anyways? I have always thought that it was based on the high Hispanic population and that he thought he could win over the Hispanic jurors. The problem I have with that is Casey accused a Half Puerto Rican/Half Black woman of kidnapping and killing Caylee... basically. I think that accusation trumps JB being a Hispanic lawyer!

bbm
BINGO!!!! I totally agree.

Also, it's wrong to assume that just because you're a Hispanic lawyer, every Hispanic person is automatically going to take your side, and vote to acquit a woman accused of murdering her daughter, despite all the evidence against her.

Below copied from Todays News thanks to nums24. So what do we know about Palm Beach? Is it conservative? Liberal? Anyone local who can let us know IF this is the place, would it be a good match? TIA!

Casey Anthony trial: A judge's visit to Palm Beach County could be a scouting trip for murder trial

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...m-1438642.html

Quote:
Though court officials both locally and in Orlando refuse to confirm even the possibility that jurors in the Casey Anthony murder trial will come from Palm Beach County, the presence of the judge presiding over the case at the downtown West Palm Beach courthouse Wednesday fueled speculation that panelists could be chosen from this area.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry of Orlando walked through the courthouse lobby Wednesday with Palm Beach County Chief Judge Peter Blanc and a handful of sheriff's officials.

"I'm just here with my friend," was all Perry said, referring to Blanc.

Also, it's wrong to assume that just because you're a Hispanic lawyer, every Hispanic person is automatically going to take your side, and vote to acquit a woman accused of murdering her daughter, despite all the evidence against her.

That is true. But we have seen both Jane Velez-Mitchell and Geraldo kind of align themselves with Baez at times, and congratulate him for being a high profile, 'successful' Hispanic attorney.

And I also think Baez is hoping to get some young minority jurors that he can convince the cops are crooked and conspiring against Casey and himself.

From the news thread:

Judge-Sighting Could Be Clue In Casey Jury Selection

Posted: 8:39 am EDT April 28, 2011
Updated: 9:02 am EDT April 28, 2011

Chief Judge Belvin Perry was seen Wednesday walking into the Palm Beach County courthouse lobby with Palm Beach County Chief Judge Peter Blanc and sheriff's officials, according to The Palm Beach Post.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27700890/detail.html

Wouldn't that be funny if it were an HHJP impersonator? Like the Will and Kate look-a-likes? Or he's purposely showing up there to throw off the trail and he's really going north?

From the news thread:

Judge-Sighting Could Be Clue In Casey Jury Selection

Posted: 8:39 am EDT April 28, 2011
Updated: 9:02 am EDT April 28, 2011

Chief Judge Belvin Perry was seen Wednesday walking into the Palm Beach County courthouse lobby with Palm Beach County Chief Judge Peter Blanc and sheriff's officials, according to The Palm Beach Post.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27700890/detail.html

Wouldn't that be funny if it were an HHJP impersonator? Like the Will and Kate look-a-likes? Or he's purposely showing up there to throw off the trail and he's really going north?

It's a 3 hour drive to Palm Beach, not the 1 hour drive the Judge suggested in court. jmo

It's a 3 hour drive to Palm Beach, not the 1 hour drive the Judge suggested in court. jmo

Maybe he's planning a vacation and went in to fax his orders:innocent: to Orange County.

Palm Beach wouldn't have cheap hotels like JP talked about.
Didn't he say the hotels were priced around 50 dollars where jury selection would take place?

Didn't he say the hotels were priced around 50 dollars where jury selection would take place?

That's what I was thinking!! So funny.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ges-visit-to-palm-1438642.html?printArticle=y
excerpt: "The jury selection site will be announced May 6."
"The venue location, if one has been chosen, is completely confidential."

My opinion -- Judge Perry is giving the Defense and the State one last opportunity to voice their objections to any FL counties for jury selection, in the next Hearing. Hopefully, Judge Perry was only checking out the courthouse in West Palm Beach because the Defense has already told the Judge this is a county that the Defense WANTS the jury to be selected from, and the Judge needs to see for himself the pros and cons of that county so he can make an informed decision, and can write all of his reasons for denying Palm Beach County for change of venue, in his upcoming Order announcing which county he chose?

Yes he did and I think we are seeing HHJP's Humorous side. :D

But I wouldn't doubt the DT jumped on this , like a duck on a June bug. :floorlaugh:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...ges-visit-to-palm-1438642.html?printArticle=y
excerpt: "The jury selection site will be announced May 6."
"The venue location, if one has been chosen, is completely confidential."

My opinion -- Judge Perry is giving the Defense and the State one last opportunity to voice their objections to any FL counties for jury selection, in the next Hearing. Hopefully, Judge Perry was only checking out the courthouse in West Palm Beach because the Defense has already told the Judge this is a county that the Defense WANTS the jury to be selected from, and the Judge needs to see for himself the pros and cons of that county so he can make an informed decision, and can write all of his reasons for denying Palm Beach County for change of venue, in his upcoming Order announcing which county he chose?

I'm still hoping he will stay in Orange County. IMO, after the latest defense showing on the 48 Hrs Special, it really shouldn't matter where they come from. You can't get more in your face than a nationally televised program, so the defense hasn't a leg to stand on in complaining about media coverage when they are smack dab in the middle of most of it! I say stay right where they are. Let Orange County decide her fate. Moo.

I don't know what this sighting means. But it seems like HHJP is much too busy to spend a large chunk of time, as this visit would require, just to create confusion. :cow:

Personally, I really wish all the speculation would stop...I don't want a chance of somebody blowing it...

I want this trial to go smoothly and for ICA to be convicted....

Personally, I really wish all the speculation would stop...I don't want a chance of somebody blowing it...

I want this trial to go smoothly and for ICA to be convicted....

I'm with you. The media needs to back off for a couple of weeks, at least until jury is selected and sequestered.

Note there were NO PICTURES of HHJP in the courthouse to run with the story???

Unless I missed seeing them, I think this was a "faux story".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser
Back