Where will the jury come from?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nearly 400 jurors . . . methinks this is a huge clue! Googlemaps says 1 hr 56 min and 106 miles.

ITA! If my math is correct........that's 440 prospective jurors! That's a lot for any county for one day! I think this may very well be the county of jury selection!

ITA! If my math is correct........that's 440 prospective jurors! That's a lot for any county for one day! I think this may very well be the county of jury selection!

I agree. Anyone know the current population?

Hi Leila! :seeya: I haven't been on Caylee's forum for a while however now that jury selection is going to begin I'm catching up.......

I remember the trial you're referring to. In this case I believe she'll probably be transported (wherever) under heavy security in unmarked SUVs. Just MOO.

Hi Panthera! You're probably right, and watching the Orange County jail is probably not going to yield any clues as to when KC is transported.

In the Darren Mack case, there wasn't any secrecy regarding where the trial was going to take place, so we knew in advance when he was transported to the Las Vegas jail.

Hi Panthera! You're probably right, and watching the Orange County jail is probably not going to yield any clues as to when KC is transported.

In the Darren Mack case, there wasn't any secrecy regarding where the trial was going to take place, so we knew in advance when he was transported to the Las Vegas jail.

Exactly, and there was no need to transport him under a veil of secrecy either. Casey is another matter entirely!

I agree. Anyone know the current population?
Hi there panthera, it's great to see you !

Pinellas County had a population, in 2009, of 909,103 where Orange county, in 2009, had a population of 1,086,480. Pretty close.

Hillsborough County had a population of 1,195,317, in 2009.

Hi there panthera, it's great to see you !

Pinellas County had a population, in 2009, of 909,103 where Orange county, in 2009, had a population of 1,086,480. Pretty close.

Hillsborough County had a population of 1,195,317, in 2009.

Thanks! All I know is I'd dread being one of those people in any county holding a jury summons for Monday unless they're ready to spend weeks in a courtroom.

I'm feeling pretty confident myself.
Here is where I started http://clerk.co.pinellas.fl.us/aspinclude2/ASPInclude.asp?pagename=juryduty.htm#Where

Another reason I think it's at the CJC is because one of the recordings said something about parking permits being required at both the Downtown Clearwater Courthouse and the St. Petersburg Judicial Building but not at the Criminal Justice Center.

Here is where I started http://clerk.co.pinellas.fl.us/aspinclude2/ASPInclude.asp?pagename=juryduty.htm#Where

Another reason I think it's at the CJC is because one of the recordings said something about parking permits being required at both the Downtown Clearwater Courthouse and the St. Petersburg Judicial Building but not at the Criminal Justice Center.

It's a good bet. We should know for sure by tomorrow afternoon. Once Casey is moved it's going to be hard for the media to contain themselves. :floorlaugh:

Recording at CRIMINAL JUSTICE CENTER, Clearwater, FL, states as follows
Hello, this is the jury duty information line for CRIMINAL JUSTICE CENTER located at
14250 49th Street North.
This message is to advise all jurors summoned for Monday May 9th as follows...jurors with the juror numbers 1001-1440 are to report at 8:15 am to the jury assembly selection on the first floor room 1600.
1441-1475 are excused from this summons, you do not need to appear.

That's a lot of jurors...:yes:

Hi momtective,

Thanks for this info. I have a question - don't know if you know the answer but thought I'd try. Is room 1600 a big enough room for over 400 people to be in at the same time? I'm from an itty bitty county and you couldn't fit 400 people in the whole court house here (not real sure you could fit them in the parking lot!) - I realize Clearwater is a tad bigger than we are but still 400 people in a single room all to be there at 8:15am sounds like a bit much to this country gal. Also wondering how jurors know their numbers - is it on their notices to appear or something? (Again, not something we do in our itty bitty county...)

Has anyone sleuthed Alachua county for the number of jurors for Monday? (Gainesville area)

Hi momtective,

Thanks for this info. I have a question - don't know if you know the answer but thought I'd try. Is room 1600 a big enough room for over 400 people to be in at the same time? I'm from an itty bitty county and you couldn't fit 400 people in the whole court house here (not real sure you could fit them in the parking lot!) - I realize Clearwater is a tad bigger than we are but still 400 people in a single room all to be there at 8:15am sounds like a bit much to this country gal. Also wondering how jurors know their numbers - is it on their notices to appear or something? (Again, not something we do in our itty bitty county...)

Not sure how big the room is but here is a link that shows the facility
http://clerk.co.pinellas.fl.us/aspinclude2/ASPInclude.asp?pagename=jury-cjc.htm

Hi momtective,

I know the waiting room, 1600, could handle a couple of hundred. I was in it last October. Yes, you have a piece of paper that has your number on it. They would go to the podium and announce numbers and you would gather in a group to be taken to a courtroom for group questioning. I was up for a capital sexual battery case. Didn't get chosen, didn't know anything about the case, went home and looked it up on the internet.

There was a computer room/library and a little lounge area that had a TV tuned into CNN. I would imagine those will all be disabled since the jurors would have knowledge that it's Casey case that day from jurors in the know and all the media outside.

Interesting demographics also.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinellas_County,_Florida

Has anyone sleuthed Alachua county for the number of jurors for Monday? (Gainesville area)

Just called and the automated system stated that juror numbers 2011-04828 to 04858 have been excused from jury service and do need not report...all others are to report as summoned.

Just had to share...I am from Ohio and tonite we were all going out to dinner with an old childhood friend, who was in town visiting us.. she now lives in West Palm Beach, FL. Couldn't wait to pick her brain about this case. And...you guessed it...when I asked her what she thought of the Casey Anthony case....she HAs NEVER HEARD OF IT!!! She has lived in Florida for over 10 yrs now. just sayin... Jose...your girl is not that special....

HHJP said a while back (IIRC) that he was looking for a county "similar" in population size and makeup to OC. Why would he be doing this though?

Indeed and friend it is so good to see you again. I'm really looking forward to watching the trial with all of the brilliant sleuths I've met here...all because of Caylee, because she's the little girl who brought me here.

Thanks! I've never forgotten sweet Caylee. It almost seems hard to believe that this trial is finally going to be starting!

If Casey goes to Pinellas, she will be logged in here.

http://www.pcsoweb.com/pages/who_jail.html

Casey may be on a 'stick-out' list whereby she would still be on the jail roster for Orange County. She just wouldn't be in the jail count but still on the roster.

When she is transferred to whichever county jail, or city jail she will have to be booked in at whichever place. She could be at the city jail as well, or even the nearby prison or Federal facility for her safety and security. She is a convicted felon and could be placed in a local prison and/or Federal Prison during her time out of Orange County. Again, this would be for her security.

I was a Booking/Classification Lieutenant before retiring and can assure anyone that her booking can be kept secret if need be. All that would have to be done is not post an update to the booking site. Only the jail/correctional center count has to be right and the jail offficials know.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back