Who is the surprise witness Robert Fields speaks about?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if it's one of Misty's running buddies, the only real help she could provide, would be to say that Misty was away from the trailer that night, & provide the alibi. But I don't look for that to happen, because of Field's Joe allegations. So, unless he wants to create a circus atmosphere, he'd better leave the witnessing to people who have some credibility. MOO.

And who would that be? Certainly not a Cummings, a Sykes or a Croslin...Or any of the players who have been associated with this case..JMHO..

And who would that be? Certainly not a Cummings, a Sykes or a Croslin...Or any of the players who have been associated with this case..JMHO..
a psychiatrist, a psychologist, an education expert, a social worker...IDK, but the list goes on. From reading this board, I can see that social workers, feel a lot of empathy for Misty, & a professional could help explain her situation to the judge. I don't think that job should be left to Misty, alone.

Fields is going to want a witness to defend Misty. My vote is Timmy or Chelsea.

Now you have me thinking. :waitasec: It would have to be an exculpatory witness with some degree of credibility. Are there any? :floorlaugh: What about Ron's pastor who refused to marry them? And the idea that it could be TN is intriguing for if AH is to be believed, she blew off babysitting and may have known Misty wasn't gonna do it. So many choices.

Whoever it is will have to place their hand on a Bible and tell the truth. That, in and of itself....is interesting. JMO

My 3 are to show a pattern of RC with his control and manipulation over his women, the threats, the drug abuse, the violence, comments "throwing over the bridge", etc. etc. - showing why she would be afraid to speak out against him for fear - why she would do "anything" he asks ... like sell and move drugs for him.

I am confused as to why a secret witness is being discussed? :waitasec:

AH reported that Fields told him a secret witness would be brought in for Misty's drug trial(s) but now that she pled no contest there will be no trial so why is this being discussed? Or did I miss something?

Fields said his Misty trial strategy is evolving, and is working on a secret witness he believes could boost her chances.

http://www.artharris.com/?s=witness

AH reported that Fields told him a secret witness would be brought in for Misty's drug trial(s) but now that she pled no contest there will be no trial so why is this being discussed? Or did I miss something?

Fields said his Misty trial strategy is evolving, and is working on a secret witness he believes could boost her chances.

Maybe for the sentencing phase? :waitasec:

twall, as I recall, Misty's attorney requested a three hour time block to present evidence at the sentencing portion of Misty's case. He later added he would include a secret (or maybe it was a surprise) witness. Although she's entered a plea, Misty's case is not over until stands in front of the judge to receive her sentence in a court of law. Does that help?

This is it.

This had to have been recent. Somehow I missed it. Is there a link to the story behind this picture? Thank you.

Somehow I didn't quote correctly and the picture isn't present. I just don't know how I missed this. Waiting for a link.

This had to have been recent. Somehow I missed it. Is there a link to the story behind this picture? Thank you.

Somehow I didn't quote correctly and the picture isn't present. I just don't know how I missed this. Waiting for a link.

It was. I am on dial up so I can't search or link or do much of anything today, but it was in the local (Jacksonville?) online paper the day of Ron's court (Friday?) I am sure there is a thread here. Or someone will quickly get it to you. There was a photo of Lisa Croslin outside the courthouse, too, and of Teresa and Crystal Cummings.

Could Hope Sykes be the surprise witness? Could she testify as to who the "ringleader" really was in the group?

I just cannot see anyone, even someone appealing their very own sentence, who is kin in any way to Ron Cummings being a witness for any other person facing the court system. I just can't.

It was. I am on dial up so I can't search or link or do much of anything today, but it was in the local (Jacksonville?) online paper the day of Ron's court (Friday?) I am sure there is a thread here. Or someone will quickly get it to you. There was a photo of Lisa Croslin outside the courthouse, too, and of Teresa and Crystal Cummings.

Thanks go to Dr. Know? for posting these originally.

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Dato=20100820&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=820009997&Ref=PH&pl=1

if it's one of Misty's running buddies, the only real help she could provide, would be to say that Misty was away from the trailer that night, & provide the alibi. But I don't look for that to happen, because of Field's Joe allegations. So, unless he wants to create a circus atmosphere, he'd better leave the witnessing to people who have some credibility. MOO.

LOL, create a circus atmosphere? In this case? I thought the case was already a circus, did I jump the gun here?

From the above link:

The Gainesville Sun
Crystal Sheffield, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, is restrained by her mother Marie Griffis and her brother Johnny Sheffield Jr., from going over to Lisa Croslin, the mother of Misty Croslin, while Croslin does an interview with the media in the parking lot of the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, August 20, 2010. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

Thank you for the link. My heart goes out to Crystal and her family. I hope that one day her heart and mind can find some peace and rest.

Whoever the witness is, it would be someone Fields hopes can paint a different picture of Misty than what has been shown so far. IMO, testimony could delve into personal and psychological issues and drug use. I am not sure any witness would be called to talk about the Haleigh case at all. Possibly the name Haleigh could be mentioned at some point during this sentencing hearing, but the hearing is about Misty's drug charges; it is not about Haleigh. Misty has not been charged regarding Haleigh so IMO it would be wise for Fields to keep Haleigh out of it as much as possible.

Maybe the surprise witness Fields refers to will turn out to be not so much of a surprise after all. It could be a doctor, psychologist, or therapist. I do not think Misty sought the services of such individuals professionally in recent years but perhaps she had received services as a teen. Not that she got much out of it, but she could have a history somewhere of such services and the service provider could have some interesting statements to make.

Fields wants the court to view Misty as a victim, as one with no direction and no adult in her life ever providing direction. If he has a witness to speak on Misty's behalf it could be someone who can speak along those lines, IMO.

twall, as I recall, Misty's attorney requested a three hour time block to present evidence at the sentencing portion of Misty's case. He later added he would include a secret (or maybe it was a surprise) witness. Although she's entered a plea, Misty's case is not over until stands in front of the judge to receive her sentence in a court of law. Does that help?

I recall the 3 hr. time block Fields requested.
I can't recall anything about a secret or surprise witness for the sentencing phase, just the trial.
A link to the information you stated would help.
Also, Misty's sentencing date has been moved up 2 wks. Does that mean Fields doesn't need as much time to prepare?
What good would a surprise witness do at a sentencing hearing where she pled no contest to 7 drug trafficking charges? Even if she does get the YO in PC she is going to get 25 yrs. on the charge in SJC. Her ship is sunk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back