Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the average viewer would really be that interested in an interview from her? I have been watching the case since day one, watched every day of the trial... but I still have not attempted to view her E true hollywood story. If I'm not in the least interested in hearing defense "spin" .. and a whitewashed version of the story.. who would be?

Now if we had Jeff Ashton, LDB, Judge Stricklan, Yuri...... tell their version.. now THAT would be interesting. I do have a mild interest in watching how she will spin her story now.. and how silly she will look on her big interview.. but other than that..... YAWN...:waitasec:

I disagree big time. An interview with Casey would be HUGE. She has never spoken publicly about what happened to Caylee, people would tune in just to hear how outrageously she'll lie. I think we'd all be disappointed though because most of the questions we'd like answers to will be off limits.

I disagree big time. An interview with Casey would be HUGE. She has never spoken publicly about what happened to Caylee, people would tune in just to hear how outrageously she'll lie. I think we'd all be disappointed though because most of the questions we'd like answers to will be off limits.

Hi Chilly,

You may be correct; HOWEVER, I have to say that there was a time when I could not get enough - even after she walked; I was really interested in her pictures that she received money for. I watched Cindy and George on Dr. Phil.

The other night there was a special on KC on Discovery and I did not even look to see it.

My point is I don't think there is the interest in her that there was. The frenzie has died down, but people will watch.

Hi Chilly,

You may be correct; HOWEVER, I have to say that there was a time when I could not get enough - even after she walked; I was really interested in her pictures that she received money for. I watched Cindy and George on Dr. Phil.

The other night there was a special on KC on Discovery and I did not even look to see it.

My point is I don't think there is the interest in her that there was. The frenzie has died down, but people will watch.

I didn't watch the special on Discovery, but I imagine it was a rehash of what we've already seen, with no appearance or authorization from Casey. An interview with her personally is an entirely different beast. People want to hear her talk, even if it's just to roll their eyes at her.

You may be right Chilly, for the sheer freak factor alone. People may want to see and hear her, regardless of what she has to say. She's become a side show carnival attraction, a bizarre oddity who most believe is a monster - and you can't get that from a book. But I'd say she's a one and done type deal.

ETA: I suggest that FCA has spoken publicly about her claims of what happened to Caylee. We've seen hours of tape of her stating that Zanny took her. These tapes were made when FCA knew they were being recorded, and she notes that the media will have a freakin' field day with what she was saying.

Oh, NBC gets it- their It, which is dollars, period.

That corporation can't lose with this deal. It'll do an interview which will get good ratings…or not. Either way actual dollars aren't coming out of their pocket, and they're clearly betting on money flowing in.

OCA gets it too. Her It is also dollars, period. It doesn't matter to her whether anyone believes anything she says or does not say in a book or in an interview, nor does it matter how many peeps watch the interview or buy her book. She'll still get money she hasn't earned, her favorite flavor of dollars.

The only mildly curious thing about this alleged deal is what exactly a publisher would get out of it, since they are the ones who would be putting up the dollars to publish. Since no publisher could be assured of breaking even, much less raking in dollars, only one explanation comes to mind- -a quid pro quo.

My best guess of such an arrangement is that NBC "pays" a publisher in the form of free on-air marketing/advertising for that publisher's products, to the tune of whatever it will cost the publisher to do the book, including whatever blood money is paid to OCA.

Lots of potential dollars in that deal for any publisher, as here's what media outlets NBC owns:

NBC, Universal Studios, NBCUniversal Television Group, NBC News, USA Network, Syfy, Chiller, G4, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC.com, MSNBC.com, iVillage, PictureBox Movies, Bravo, qubo, Telemundo Television Studios, The Weather Channel, ShopNBC, Hulu, A&E Television Networks

well...if/when I ever move back to the states, I'll miss the twilight zone marathons on "syfy" but boycott them I will. I got the box set anyways :p no commercials.

I'll also boycott the publisher and all sponsors of NBC if this ever goes through, which I think it will not. those in the publishing industry have enough to deal with with ebooks.

yall know, about 3 months ago I realised how OCA could make a tremendous amount of money and not need an interview, tv special, publisher, *advertiser censored*, anything. I dont say anything because if she's not thought of it, I aint giving her any ideas. *hopes OCA remains ignorant*

There was a recent special about OCA on Discovery? :waitasec: Was there something in particular to "discover?"

Dunno whether in the end OCA will make a profit from Caylee's murder. Guess I can see it going either way. As much as I dip my toes here, though, I can honestly say that there is no way I could stomach watching her be interviewed. I reached a point where I can't tolerate even seeing her photo.

IMO, the peeps who watched Dr. Phil's interviews did so because they wanted to see CA spanked by Dr. Phil and if George would man up, and if either Ant would admit to knowing more about Caylee's murder. Voyeuristic, yes- and I admit I watched the first 2 interviews but was completely cooked after that and had no interest in the 3rd whatsoever.

I agree with you and I think the longer she continues to stay out of sight, the more people would watch because they want to see what she looks like and what she's doing now. Many folks swore they wouldn't watch Dr. Phil and yet it had it's highest rating ever for the Anthony interview. This will be no different. Any interview she does she's getting paid, in some way shape or form. TV networks do these back room dealings all the time will 'unpopular' people.

Everytime I imagine an interview with Casey Anthony, I can't help but imaging her sitting in the dark shadows and her voice sounding like a man's voice. Like those people who are interviewed and don't want to be indentified.

:waitasec: Wonder WHO is leaking this alleged info to TMZ????? :rolleyes:

I must be working too much..out of the loop..but, With the exception of reporting on the Civil laws suits it seems they are the ONLY ones reporting anything Casey/Baez

Everytime I imagine an interview with Casey Anthony, I can't help but imaging her sitting in the dark shadows and her voice sounding like a man's voice. Like those people who are interviewed and don't want to be indentified.

Yes ... it is hard to imagine her sitting in a brightly lit studio in plain view of everyone and having an open (although deceitful) conversation -- absent a disguise.

I always remember FCA speaking at her check fraud trial and her voice was a LOT less confident, mouse-like squeaky versus the defiance and deception we saw/heard during the jail videos, etc.

She has never been interviewed per se in the public spotlight ... although the questions will be pre-approved with rehearsed fairy tale responses.

Agree LinTx - I was also wondering if this was a combo of TMZ and Baez trolling to keep or to attempt to keep OCA's name in the news until they can actually get an interview for her. I think they think there will be a time when the "public" will be "over it" and ready for an interview from her.

Laughing at Baez's portrayal or picture he's trying to imply that - OCA isn't ready for an interview yet - poor suffering in grief little waif that she is! :furious:

bbm
With the civil lawsuits pending does anyone think she will give an interview?

I believe she is itching to TALK, tell her side of the story...but is being Thwarted for the time being by these lawsuits.
:twocents:

:waitasec: Wonder WHO is leaking this alleged interview info to TMZ?????
I must be working too much..out of the loop..but, With the exception of reporting on the Civil laws suits it seems they are the ONLY ones reporting anything Casey/Baez

Seriously? Pretty clear to me it's Baez....

IMHO...NBC and the Today Show are pretty desperate. The show is definitely NOT what it used to be with MV. It's really dull IMO. They better be careful, though. This could tank their reputation. People may tune in...but it will still leave a bad taste in most people's mouths IMO.

Seriously? Pretty clear to me it's Baez....

Yes ... I am not so sure who JB is trying to keep relevant and negotiate into a future TV career ... sure he wants FCA to do her exclusive and make him some money but ... I think JB is keeping himself in the news.

Now he is going to talk on HLN to give his spin on the Conrad Murray trial .... sheesh. JB is trying to keep his own light shining and still using FCA to do so.

Yes ... I am not so sure who JB is trying to keep relevant and negotiate into a future TV career ... sure he wants FCA to do her exclusive and make him some money but ... I think JB is keeping himself in the news.

Now he is going to talk on HLN to give his spin on the Conrad Murray trial .... sheesh. JB is trying to keep his own light shining and still using FCA to do so.

Is he really? I was so glad we hadn't heard from him on it..guess they were waiting for the defense side. He's giving his spin on the spin I guess.

I didn't watch the special on Discovery, but I imagine it was a rehash of what we've already seen, with no appearance or authorization from Casey. An interview with her personally is an entirely different beast. People want to hear her talk, even if it's just to roll their eyes at her.

Yep - I agree. However, I have to say I am not nearly as interested as I use to be - and I was consumed with this case. Now, not at all. I won't put off anything to watch it - I will see it when I see it -

I think JB is trying to build up his career somewhat before he lets the media loose on KC. He knows her like a book. Once she gives her interview, to whatever media outlet lands her, they will be saying...."Waste, huge waste." lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966