Whoa! a new 48 Hours (April 16) Check out the trailer!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am not worried in the least in regards to the "new" episode airing. There is nothing that changes the FACTS:

1) 31 Days
2) Partying while daughter is missing
3) Lies
4) Smell of Decomposition
5) Lies
6) Remains found
7) Lies
8) Duct Tape, WTP Blanket
9) Lies

I don't care how many 'mock juries' are shown on TV, there will not be a not guilty verdict in this case, there is just too many things that point to KC. Worst case scenario is a hung jury. If that happens, KC will still sit in jail for however long it takes the State to gear up again for a new trial. As long as I know she is sitting in jail, I can deal with waiting for a second trial. And I would bet a pretty penny that JB is NOT her attorney for the second go round.

"A CBS spokeswoman said experts question whether Caylee was even murdered"........Huh????

Well, they also interviewed George and Cindy, who are surely still looking for an alive Caylee. :crazy:

This episode will surely negate any and all of Baez arguments against the change of venue county. And CJBP's decision to go back to Orange if they can't pick there. WTG Baez!

This is a most excellent point, spot on! :clap:

There is an interesting post on the 'Murder Business'. Apparently Mark Fuhrman wrote a book about it. A few snippets from the post:

"The Anthony’s occupations are within the murder business as they profit selling pictures & fuel the media frenzy about the murder of Caylee."

"I looked straight at them and said gently, “You know Caylee is dead.” There was silence. George looked at me and just bobbed his head up and down, as if to say yes. Cindy cried quietly. …."

http://crimeseekers.net/forums/show...an-Face-to-Face-with-George-amp-Cindy-Anthony

This 48 hours special is more of the same...squeeze as much money as they can off of this tragedy.

Thank you for letting us know about another 48 hours episode. I came to this thread because I thought it was about the previous episode because when I was flipping the channels yesterday I saw TLC was playing the rerun.

I did not watch when it first aired, and I only kept it on the station long enough to be surprised there was a "plea" to Zanny for Caylee to be returned. I did not know that and had never seen that footage before. I have believed that Cindy never made any type of plea for Caylee in the media. Not that I think this was a big plea, it was made on local news. 9:53 mark-Cindy's message to Zanny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6sbGu3bwWc&feature=related

Jailhouse video
CA: Listen I'm in front of the cameras all the time, what message do you want me to give to Zanny and to Cay, Caylee?
KC: That she needs to return Caylee immediately.

(Maggie: Cindy broadcast Casey's message to the supposed nanny on local television the very next day.)

CA: She forgives her and that she knows that she needs to bring her home and bring her back to us safely. Caylee mommy loves you she says to stay brave be tough we love you very much and we will get you back.
(end)

I don't know how Cindy got through that last part, where she is speaking directly to Caylee, and does not cry. :no:

I watched the trailer for this new episode, and it seems bent toward the defense, especially the very end where they say "how many would acquit" and they all stand(!) Come on...no matter what side you are on you gotta know that scene right there is ICA and Jose's great dream. They are both going to be set for life! :floorlaugh:

I have grown to understand how the defense works, I still do not like it but I do not get so mystified as to what is going on: smarm, I get it.

So, the show being biased or seeming to be biased with the way they create their emotional trailers does not surprise me except for how far they took it. Really, everyone is going to stand up? That's a bit of "overkill" if you ask me, it made me think the producers of the show really want those interviews after the trial: MONEY.* Symptoms of their greedy gut ways. I have said in other posts that I can't possibly know that jurors will think like I...but I sure feel confident to say "you can fool some of the people some of the time..."

Which, from my understanding all Jose needs is one juror to feel this way. IMHO, this is out of mortal hands as it was from the moment Caylee was killed.

*See Jose, how we were on your side before the trial, can we have an interview? Cindy, see how we were on Casey's side? See how we got a mock jury(how did that process go down? bet they don't show that...)to stand up and say that Casey is super duper innocent? See...see...see?

Did I mention I will not be watching this "new" show from 48 hours? Did I mention I do not watch the morning news or any news anymore? I do not. I read Websleuths and many, many many different sources on the internet where I gather information. FYI. :takeabow:

ETA: I noticed this thread is called "Whoa! a new..." and I came here because I thought it was for the previous one...some sleuther I am. :lol:

:twocents:

BBM - Don't forget that "only one juror feeling this way" will only mean a mistrial, not an acquittal.

Given the amount of financial loss to the State of FL in this case, a mistrial still isn't a good thing, no, but it certainly won't mean that Casey walks free.

I am very confident that the Jury will get this right and convict! :)

"A CBS spokeswoman said experts question whether Caylee was even murdered"........Huh????

"And the attorneys raise the possibility of another suspect."

There's a glaring contradiction in there somewhere. :waitasec:

The defense is playing with fire in allowing this to be broadcast right now. 48 hrs does this frequently. And they are very good at it. They are sympathetic to the defense, sympathetic to the defendant and the defendant's family. They seem to understand the points the defense wishes to get across. The pre show show publicity appears to be pro-defendant. But then comes show time and they allow the defense to present in their most favorable light, but they also show the prosecution points to give a balanced view of events. Usually it works out pretty balanced. But all of the preshow hoopla ensures the defense will be very open with them.

I am curious as to how they will handle the 30 days of heavy partying, the days of driving a stinky car, the out of sight out of mind attitude. They did downplay that before didn't they?

The guy they briefly showed in the clip who is leading the mock jury looks like Richard Gabriel to me. He's the jury consultant that visited Casey in jail on 7/30/2010.

http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/...abriel&catid=39:consultant-profiles&Itemid=55

I agree, it does look like the same guy. Good catch!

I'm gonna invent a new phrase here by referring to that as a "mock-mock jury" because this one is for public consumption and intended to taint the jury pool. Hopefully they will air the portions of the mock-mock SA's because I suspect they aren't nearly as good as LDB and JA. ;) Oh, let's not forget the mock-mock experts. 'Cause, well...credibility is pretty important.

hmmm...wonder how they knew what evidence to present to this mock-mock jury since HHJP hasn't ruled on the Frye issues yet...

Everybody jump off of the spinning wheel...it is picking up speed.

Thank you for letting us know about another 48 hours episode. I came to this thread because I thought it was about the previous episode because when I was flipping the channels yesterday I saw TLC was playing the rerun.

I did not watch when it first aired, and I only kept it on the station long enough to be surprised there was a "plea" to Zanny for Caylee to be returned. I did not know that and had never seen that footage before. I have believed that Cindy never made any type of plea for Caylee in the media. Not that I think this was a big plea, it was made on local news. 9:53 mark-Cindy's message to Zanny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6sbGu3bwWc&feature=related

Jailhouse video
CA: Listen I'm in front of the cameras all the time, what message do you want me to give to Zanny and to Cay, Caylee?
KC: That she needs to return Caylee immediately.

(Maggie: Cindy broadcast Casey's message to the supposed nanny on local television the very next day.)

CA: She forgives her and that she knows that she needs to bring her home and bring her back to us safely. Caylee mommy loves you she says to stay brave be tough we love you very much and we will get you back.
(end)

I don't know how Cindy got through that last part, where she is speaking directly to Caylee, and does not cry. :no:

I watched the trailer for this new episode, and it seems bent toward the defense, especially the very end where they say "how many would acquit" and they all stand(!) Come on...no matter what side you are on you gotta know that scene right there is ICA and Jose's great dream. They are both going to be set for life! :floorlaugh:

I have grown to understand how the defense works, I still do not like it but I do not get so mystified as to what is going on: smarm, I get it.

So, the show being biased or seeming to be biased with the way they create their emotional trailers does not surprise me except for how far they took it. Really, everyone is going to stand up? That's a bit of "overkill" if you ask me, it made me think the producers of the show really want those interviews after the trial: MONEY.* Symptoms of their greedy gut ways. I have said in other posts that I can't possibly know that jurors will think like I...but I sure feel confident to say "you can fool some of the people some of the time..."

Which, from my understanding all Jose needs is one juror to feel this way. IMHO, this is out of mortal hands as it was from the moment Caylee was killed.

*See Jose, how we were on your side before the trial, can we have an interview? Cindy, see how we were on Casey's side? See how we got a mock jury(how did that process go down? bet they don't show that...)to stand up and say that Casey is super duper innocent? See...see...see?

Did I mention I will not be watching this "new" show from 48 hours? Did I mention I do not watch the morning news or any news anymore? I do not. I read Websleuths and many, many many different sources on the internet where I gather information. FYI. :takeabow:

ETA: I noticed this thread is called "Whoa! a new..." and I came here because I thought it was for the previous one...some sleuther I am. :lol:

:twocents:

BBM

Like you, I have also grown to understand how the DT works and it is mostly with lies and half-truths. Therefore, it would not surprise me at all to learn that the clip where everyone stands up had absolutely nothing to do with KC, but was from a different case and was placed strategically there for effect and to gain viewers. Those mock jurors are paid $75 to $125 a day to do this. So, who paid them? Did JB do this with the Caylee picture money, or was it done after she was declared indigent and I missed the charge on the JAC sheets? Or was this a gift from T Mc with the "donated" $70,000? My guess is that they simply "borrowed" a clip from another mock jury and are using it to help with their slant. Maybe? Maybe not? It would certainly fit in with all of the DT's other rearranging of the facts. In any event, I sure hope HHJP gets a whiff of this! JB's bologna has a first name! It's T-A-I-N-T!

I wonder how much it bugs KC that she was fairly recently scrounging around for $$ to pay her cell bill and now everyone is making thousands upon thousands "on her". Oh yeah. I am certain it sticks in her craw!

CA began thinking nothing of wearing a t-shirt and shorts on the stand and now she has an entire new wardrobe (using her Caylee money for sure!) And what about Jose's new gizmos, blackberrys and ipads...I am sure KC realizes that "she" paid for that!

Oh the irony, that all these television deals, books and movies are because of her and she has a teensey allowance for her jerky treats.

I only wish that the Son of Sam law could extend to lawyers and smarmy family members. This 48 hrs thing is the tip of the iceberg!

I'm gonna invent a new phrase here by referring to that as a "mock-mock jury" because this one is for public consumption and intended to taint the jury pool. Hopefully they will air the portions of the mock-mock SA's because I suspect they aren't nearly as good as LDB and JA. ;) Oh, let's not forget the mock-mock experts. 'Cause, well...credibility is pretty important.

hmmm...wonder how they knew what evidence to present to this mock-mock jury since HHJP hasn't ruled on the Frye issues yet...

Lol! I believe you and I are on the same page, Beach! I think that was just a well placed clip for effect and has nothing to do with the actual case. It had the effect that they wanted, too. We are all discussing the show and many will watch. Mission accomplished.

I am outraged that 48 Hours will air this show just before trial! IMO. there should be no program aired that would slant a prospective juror in any direction whatsoever.

As someone posted earlier: What if a prospective juror is less than honest just to become a part of this televised trial? What if someone just wants their 15 minutes of fame afterwards when jurors are interviewed? We have seen the shows where jurors in cases have participated in 'after the verdict' interviews. Or at least I know I have. I have seen those who stated they had to go with a 'not guilty' vote even tough they felt the person was actually guilty.

I will watch this upcoming show because I want to see just what kind of propaganda (sp?) is put out there just before trial! Someone please reassure me that there will be a guilty verdict because I just have a sinking feeling about this program actually influencing a prospective juror!

Everyone and his brother is going to be talking about this case now and 48 Hours is no exception. This is an intentional show to start people watching about her. And they are taking the opposite stance because that will BOOST ratings. Jane Velez Mitchell screams her way into homes about this case and ALWAYS has the Jamie Weintraubs on it. If you notice Baden is no longer associated with the case and Mancuso (sp) is off the case; the lawyer who said she should plead insanity is off the case; Dr. Henry Lee is off the case.

Also, if you watched Dr. Vass being examined by Baez, Baez said something to the effect just being associated with this case will get your name out there Dr. Vass.

Yes Jose, it will. Isn't that why you are here.

She is going to be convicted. The evidence is over-whelming.

And Yes the prosecution will also see the 48 hours report. This is not the first time I have seen 48 hours misrepresent things; they did it with JonBenet, imo.

I expected shows like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member