Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just curious, if this boosts reasonable doubt, in what way? Does it lend any credibility to the zfg story? does it suggest he was the killer and clear kc?

I don't see with all the other evidence against her, how the circumstances of the body being found helps her case? does it mean she told him where it was?

How is the defense going to present this to their advantage?

The conclusive proof is going to be if Casey's prints are on the duct tape.

I don't yet think this is a huge nudge to reasonable doubt. I do, however, think this is a huge nudge to we don't know all the facts yet.

What you've said is very applicable. Apparently (and maybe someone in Orlando or the surrounding area can confirm this), WFTV broke in with breaking news about an hour or so ago on their station locally, or so I have heard, with the following:

- The County's spokesman called the WFTV and told them they had the wrong name for the meter reader
- The meter reader who reported the finding last week is not the same as the one who reported the tips back in August
- The meter-reader is NOT the name Gonzalez as reported before
- They didn't give the meter readers's name, and he's making a public appearance tomorrow
- The meter reader has an attorney at County's expense..

ETA: I didn't see this personally, but someone in Orlando is stating this is what happened. Just wanna be clear. Confirmations welcome.

I respectfully disagree. He had no meter reading business in the woods. On the 11th, maybe not looking- maybe just hanging in the woods with the teens in the "zone." But his future intent had to be looking for the body he thought he originally found. I mean, why else would he be there on December 11th- just hanging in the woods again?

JoAnn_W

Maybe he's a Websleuther. :rolleyes:

The body was only 50' or so from a residential street filled with all sorts of meters. And BTW, the area is protected by a fence. He had to be inside the fence to kick the bag. So, he must've had some business there, otherwise we'd be hearing of his arrest for trespassing.

The man works, and perhaps lives, in the area where a highly publicized missing child case takes place. The whole town is abuzz. Whether he initially came upon the bag by coincidence or because he was checking out a hunch doesn't really amount to a hill of beans. For all we know, he DOES read this forum, might even be a member. Given the opportunity, how many of us would've been searching that very area. I know that I would've been there because I suspected from the get-go that she disposed of the body in or near those woods.

Whatever drove him there, he spotted the bag on Aug 11th and did exactly what upstanding citizens are supposed to do. He called the police. Nothing happens. He returns the next day -- I would too -- and sees the bag still there. Again, he calls police. Nothing happens. He tries a third time. Still no action. Three strikes, he gives up.

The rains come in August and the area is flooded for four months. Come December, the tot mom has been charged but the whole world's still asking: "Where's Caylee?" The guy's working his route and decides to take a peek. (That's peek, not pee.) Heavens to Betsy! The bag is still there, just where he saw it four months earlier.

Once again, he calls police. This time they respond, and eventually, the connection is made that he is the same gentleman who called in a tip three times, no less, in August. The media is having a field day, and some of us are making astronomical leaps and bounds to tie him to the murder.:mad: That is just un-f'ng-believable!

We can sit here all night and speculate but I dont think we can make a determination until all the facts come back about what was discovered when LE went out there in August and they interview the meter reader more- Hes supposed to be on tomorrow afternoon- I saw a post before saying he will be on either fox or cnn - have to go back and find the post

I went through all 10 pdf files that had all of the public tips. Did not find any that were from the meter reader. Apparently there may be another set of tips that havent been released yet and JB filed a motion to get those. I bet when those are released the tip from the meter reader will be known about publicly.
Thank you for doing that David. I was trying to read some, but I kept getting sidetracked.

True. I have a nagging doubt in my head, though: what are the chances of a meter reader, who has unfettered access to nearly any private property which has county service, finds what may be "the body" of Caylee Anthony? OSCO has already said he's not a suspect, and the County has already retained counsel for him.

I totally wonder....

I do too, and those were my first thoughts last week.

this post says he will be on tv tomorrow afternoon- but it dont say which channel-

WFTV broke in with breaking news about an hour or so ago on their station locally, or so I have heard, with the following:

- The County's spokesman called the WFTV and told them they had the wrong name for the meter reader
- The meter reader who reported the finding last week is not the same as the one who reported the tips back in August
snipped

If this is true, I demand my 3 1/2 hours back!

Does some one have an actual link showing that this meter readers name is gonzalez? When I google this, there are many reports that this was a false rumor.

I am just concerned that it could get carried away and cause reasonable doubt if it keeps geting spread around and it is not true.

BTW, this all is totally blowing my mind about the meter reader and the bag.

So, please if someone has a link please list it.

What you've said is very applicable. Apparently (and maybe someone in Orlando or the surrounding area can confirm this), WFTV broke in with breaking news about an hour or so ago on their station locally, or so I have heard, with the following:

- They didn't give the meter readers's name, and he's making a public appearance tomorrow

Well there ya go! I don't care if a hundred meter readers saw a bag in the woods, unless their DNA matches the DNA found at the crime scene, or their bedlinens match the A's, in no way does that extenuate the case against the tot mom.

NO. It was definately reported that the skull fell out of the bag. That indicates that the skull was inside the bag.

I will wait for corroboration, but I responded earlier to this post by david918 who said:

"Found the first tip releated to Suburban Drive discovery ... its on Tip #9 document at this link below The tip # is Caylee - 2785

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar...hony_case.html

on 8-18 Detective Cain found a decaying plastic bag with clothing and stuffed animals at the dead end of Suburban drive. The clothing had roots growing on them. Detective Cain was asked what he did with the plastic bag/clothes/stuffed animals and in an email his response was "I left them there".

On Aug. 11, a deputy came out after the worker called in the tip. The deputy did not find anything and cleared the scene.

The worker called CrimeLine on Aug. 12. Cadaver dogs were brought to the area, but they didn't find anything. Once again, the scene was cleared.

On Aug. 13, the worker called, and a different deputy, along with a back-up deputy, came to the area. They found a bag, but nothing else.

According to Nieves, the worker returned to the scene Dec. 11 because he was trying to make a determination regarding the bag he previously saw. He went back into the area found the skull.

The worker first reports "a gray bag by the side of the road". He must not have been specific with the location of this suspicious bag, because the deputy can't find it.

Worker calls again the next day. I guess the bag reappeared for him. But cadaver dogs can't find anything.

Bag reappears the next day for the deputies. This one is empty??

So now a bag with a body appears?? And worker lies to police about stumbling upon it as he relieves himself?

On Aug. 11, a deputy came out after the worker called in the tip. The deputy did not find anything and cleared the scene.

The worker called CrimeLine on Aug. 12. Cadaver dogs were brought to the area, but they didn't find anything. Once again, the scene was cleared.

On Aug. 13, the worker called, and a different deputy, along with a back-up deputy, came to the area. They found a bag, but nothing else.

According to Nieves, the worker returned to the scene Dec. 11 because he was trying to make a determination regarding the bag he previously saw. He went back into the area found the skull.

Wow .. cadaver dogs didnt hit ?? What was in the bag ?? There is no way if my last name was Gonzalez in this case would i find this body! I would call in and remain as anonymous as possible!

Thank you for doing that David. I was trying to read some, but I kept getting sidetracked.

I know that feeling, JBean. Busy night on the forum tonight!

I posted #344 in this thread because I noted there wasn't a rumors thread any longer (it appears the last one was moved elsewhere.) If what I have put in that post should be on another rumors thread, please let me know and I'll redact it from here.

Thanks - and thanks for all you do :)

Even if this is not his last name, something is not right here.

How could LE find a bag in Aug after this person kept calling, and there was no skull in the bag???? Yet, he opens the bag and one falls out. Also, all we have on evidence is rumor but it was stated that the skull fell out of the bag and that there was tape over skull.

I just have a problem with that also. I have been having difficulty seeing that tape could stay adheared to the skull with moisture and deterioration of tissue.

So I dont know what to think about all this.

I bet a LOT of garbage bags were found during the organized "official" searches. In fact, I remember hearing about smelly ones at BP and ones with dog bones. How many searchers saw MORE than one garbage bag (empty or otherwise) while searching?

People have dumped garbage bags and WORSE in my 35 overgrown wooded acres more times than I can possibly count.

ETA: I didn't see this personally, but someone in Orlando is stating this is what happened. Just wanna be clear. Confirmations welcome.
McSev, thanks for the news. And I am glad I held out on any conspiracy theory thoughts myself (as the news was rather strange).

Bold is what I am glad I did not speculate on too, too, too much.. at least in any conspiracy theory sort of way

Red is what I await and am glad of. Let's put this tempest back into the teapot it crawled out of!

Boy this sure makes LE and the Cadavar dogs look really bad. They went out 3 times and didn't find her. But the meter reader goes out and finds her no problem? oh boy...

I understand what you are saying but I have to say that I am still confused. Awhile back there was talk of lime, and we know that LE took pesticides containers from the A's home, could this have been used to mask the smell and that's why the cadaver dogs did not pick up on human decomp in that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member