Who's Who in Cold Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi my name is Paula. I am married for 6 yrs now and no kids yet but hopefully in the future. We have a furry baby named Pumpkin (a cocker spaniel) and some fish. My hobbies are gardening, reading (mostly true crime) golf and definately fishing/crabbing. I first became interested in sleuthing when I was a kid (Unsolved Mysteriesm definately caught my attention). When I was about 10, a young girl age 12 went missing and was eventually found brutally raped and murdered. A classmate of her's was convicted in her killing but in the days prior to finding him, articles in the paper spoke of two unsolved murders of young women back in the mid 1970's. Their murders remain unsolved (both were stabbed and strangled and LE is pretty sure they are connected). I just went to the local library to research and I will be posting their cases, shortly. I am very glad that I joined WS and you guys are just great! :eek:

I am very new to this site. I ran across WS while trying to look up info on an unsolved double murder near my hometown. Anyway, my name is "Sarah," and I am from the midwest - currently pursuing a veterinary and masters of public health dual degree.

I have always been interested in these cases...forensics, etc. In what little time I have, I also like to spend time with my dogs, enjoy photography, and drawing/art.

I look forward to chatting with all of you - this seems like a great site!!

Hi everyone,

My name is Gina and I live in California. I have been interested in true crime and unsolved mysteries for as long as I can remember. I've been spending a lot of time reading the forums here since I joined. I am particularly interested in the Anna Waters case, and cold cases in general. I will try to contribute in any way I can, but for now I'm having a great time reading everything!

Hi I am Joni. (just in case you didn't guess) I am in my 50's and looking for my missing sister who went missing 30 years ago from Kettering, Ohio. I am married to one fabulous guy and we just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. I have a step daugher and an adopted daughter. I work full time with preschoolers doing mental health consultation. I have not been connected to WS for long. I got here by goggling my sister's name and found a thread about her here. The conversation was reporting false information and I just wanted to straighten it out. Well, then it lead to some connections with the NCMEC and her case has now been opened after 30 years for an investigation. Up until now, Lori was listed as a runaway and our family's cries for help in finding her fell mostly on deaf ears. But now Detective Greene from Kettering PD is showing great interest in her case and has helped us get her listed in the NCIC, while NCMEC has done an age progression photo and also opened a case. The Detective has interviewed some people and is looking more closely as her disappearance. It is both scary and exciting to think that maybe we will know what happened to Lori Jean Lloyd. I am grateful to this website for giving me encouragement to make the steps that have lead us this far. I am not real faithful at reading and posting as I live a very busy life with grandkids, working full time, and helping to start a small church in the inner city of Dayton, Ohio. But when I get those extra moments, I like to check on this site to see what is happening. My motives are selfish, but I find that most of the people on here just want to be helpful. Thank God for that and for all of you who are here for whatever reasons. I also have a blog if you want to know more about her story - http://360.yahoo.com/jl.spencer@sbcglobal.net

HI DEX!

I AM THE FATHER TO ANOTHER DEX WHO WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED IN HIS HOME IN LAS VEGAS DEC. 2002 AND SINCE HIS LOSS I'VE BEEN PERSUING THOSE WHO ROBBED ME OF THE ONLY HAPPINESS I HAD IN THIS WORLD TO NO AVAIL.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD HELP ME WITH YOUR FORENSIC KNOWLEDGE!

DEXSTER V

Howdy! I'm Becca from Georgia. I stumbled across this site when I was doing some research into some missing children that disappeared from where I live. They are around my age and it always sort of stuck with me as I was growing up.

Anyways, I stayed because I found it made me feel better to read and try to offer something to what I could... which isn't much... but I try. I am a former firefighter/medic and worked with the LE often.

I don't say much very often (I'm shy until ya get to know me.), but I read and try to pay attention... if I see something no ones mentioned or thought of... I'll say it then... usually just my imagination 9 times outa 10.:crazy:

Just so it's said... I think the mere fact that someone is willing to look into these cases is a blessing... I often think how sad it is that there's someone out there that hasn't been found... or nobody knows what happened to them. Kudos to everybody here!:clap:

Hi I'm very new here and so excited to have found this community. I'm a stay at home mom with an 18 month old son. Prior to my son coming along I was a software developer for 16 years and now I find myself with a little extra time and a need to still be typing away on the computer. I have always easily become obsessed with missing person cases and a few months ago started following some of them online. A google search on one of them led me to websleuths and I instantly felt like I had found my people!! When I read your posts I find myself feeling good that people out there do care and don't forget.

Hey. I'm Bill Thomas, a writer in the midwest, working on two fiction novels, one of which is based loosely on the Johnny Gosch kidnapping, and is told, for all but two chapters, from from the protagonist point of view, as he ages from a frightened and abused 12 year old boy, into a young man in captivity.

I have some children, a pug named Spud, and 2 cats named Enzo & Snickers. I enjoy mexican food, Miller High Life, Jack daniels, and can only write on my Mac. I am currently employed by The Man, as a corporate shill for a useless product that nobody needs, but everybody buys. I am hoping to leave that whole life behind upon the publication of my first book.

I have been looking for this website my whole adult life. I just recently found it, and am happy to be here.

What a great thread! I'm Jennifer, a stay at home mom of three girls. I lived in Bethalto, Illinois but recently moved to the Des Moines, Iowa area. A friend of mine turned me on to WS after we realized we were both so fascinated with the Laci Peterson case. I never felt I could share my love of true crime and unsolved mysteries as I figured others would view it as morbid. It's nice to feel like you fit in somewhere. I lurk more than I post because normally my view has already been stated. I've always been interested in the cases of missing people and have followed quite a few. As a child I can remember studying the back of milk cartons and telling my mom that I'd find one of these kids someday, you just have to look hard enough and pay attention to the details. I'm still looking even though I haven't been able to help anyone yet but I would love to ease just one families pain.

William R Thomas said:
Hey. I'm Bill Thomas, a writer in the midwest, working on two fiction novels, one of which is based loosely on the Johnny Gosch kidnapping, and is told, for all but two chapters, from from the protagonist point of view, as he ages from a frightened and abused 12 year old boy, into a young man in captivity.

I have been looking for this website my whole adult life. I just recently found it, and am happy to be here.
Hi Bill, sounds like an interesting story, I have always wondered about that boy and what might have happened to him. The world is a scary place no matter what the age.

Good to have you onboard and glad you found us. Any bites on a publisher yet? Keep us posted on your progress.

William R Thomas said:
Hey. I'm Bill Thomas,

I am currently employed by The Man, as a corporate shill for a useless product that nobody needs, but everybody buys.

Bill I am beyond curious about your product. What is it pray tell?
(I might need to buy it!) :waitasec:

Welcome! :)

Hello again everyone. It's nice that you responded.

In response to your question, I have no publisher yet, but I'm not too worried about it, as good writing will (most of the time) find a home. Persitence is key. :)

I sell wholesale mortgage products to banks and brokers. Don't ask. It's so boring that it would make your skin crawl. Sometimes I feel as though my head is going to blow up. It's a super high stress job, which I am so burned out on that sometimes I want to curl up in a ball in my closet and never come out. Happy Thoughts!

Here's a challenege to everyone who reads this...tell us something about yourself you would never say if you were to meet us all face-to-face.

William R Thomas said:

I have some children, a pug named Spud, and 2 cats named Enzo & Snickers. I enjoy mexican food, Miller High Life, Jack daniels, and can only write on my Mac. I am currently employed by The Man, as a corporate shill for a useless product that nobody needs, but everybody buys. I am hoping to leave that whole life behind upon the publication of my first book.

Welcome! I can relate to your being happy to be here. I found this site about 4 years ago and have been hooked ever since. You will get lots of ideas for books here, believe me.

Here's a challenege to everyone who reads this...tell us something about yourself you would never say if you were to meet us all face-to-face.
I am not the "Goody-Two-Shoes" my family thinks. I have a dark side that digs deep into shadows and morbid things, takes them apart to see how they tick... or not, then puts them out there for others to see and question.

Q: Who am I?

A: I am a researcher, writer and history buff.

Hi, folks. I poke around here some and figured it was about time to post to this thread. I'm a writer-editor who lives with my wife and stepdaughter in the Charleston area of West Virginia. I write about all sorts of things, but crime seems to be a topic I keep coming back to, both in fiction and nonfiction. Right now I'm looking into a case where two coeds were picked up and beheaded in 1970. I don't think the guy who confessed did the crime, so I'm looking into it. The thread I posted here has been helpful, and several people have contacted me through it, so thanks!

Oh, and the Geocam handle comes from the first three letters of my first and middle names, Geoffrey Cameron.

Well, I guess that it. Good to be here.

Geoff

I figured also that I should at least introduce myself. I am known as Logan and I am from Mississippi. I have been reading WS for over a year now and just started posting. I work for a non profit children's hospital in Memphis TN. I'm strangely drawn to cold cases with the believe that somewhere, somehow, someone knows something.

Hi,

I'm the proud mother of two grown men that I met as tow headed little boys not long after their biological Mom "Mary Margaret Cook" went missing 36 years ago this coming November 14th. I think I loved them from the first moment I met them and a year after I married their Dad, they had a sister. It was during that first year I learned that their Dad was a pretender. He wore a mask. He proved himself to be a very mean man, but walking out with their sister and leaving them behind never entered my mind. All three children are adults now and I'm a grandmother 5 times over! Margaret Cooks flowers grew in my garden! When the boys were young they asked me what happened to their mother. I told them I couldn't answer that question, but I did know one thing for sure.... "she didn't leave you willingly.. I'm only the mother of your heart and I could never leave you." In 2003, the Lakeland Detectives thought they had a lead, they gave it their best shot but then had to move on... They said they'd never give up, neither will we. We will continue to cooperate should they ask us again. The only voice that people like Margaret and Peggy have are those of the people that care about them. It was after the homicide detectives had exhausted their time and funds that we all found out by reading the Lakeland Ledger that a neighbor "Peggy Wynell Byars Baisden" and her car vanished 5 years earlier. They didn't question Earl Cook about her at all as far as I know. So, now you know a little about me and why I'm interested in the Cold Case files. The kids and I are hoping that some day soon the police will have another go at him!
Even if the only thing he's guilty of is being an abuser, he still knows more then he's told so far.
D

othermother said:
Hi,

I'm the proud mother of two grown men that I met as tow headed little boys not long after their biological Mom "Mary Margaret Cook" went missing 36 years ago this coming November 14th. I think I loved them from the first moment I met them and a year after I married their Dad, they had a sister. It was during that first year I learned that their Dad was a pretender. He wore a mask. He proved himself to be a very mean man, but walking out with their sister and leaving them behind never entered my mind. All three children are adults now and I'm a grandmother 5 times over! Margaret Cooks flowers grew in my garden! When the boys were young they asked me what happened to their mother. I told them I couldn't answer that question, but I did know one thing for sure.... "she didn't leave you willingly.. I'm only the mother of your heart and I could never leave you." In 2003, the Lakeland Detectives thought they had a lead, they gave it their best shot but then had to move on... They said they'd never give up, neither will we. We will continue to cooperate should they ask us again. The only voice that people like Margaret and Peggy have are those of the people that care about them. It was after the homicide detectives had exhausted their time and funds that we all found out by reading the Lakeland Ledger that a neighbor "Peggy Wynell Byars Baisden" and her car vanished 5 years earlier. They didn't question Earl Cook about her at all as far as I know. So, now you know a little about me and why I'm interested in the Cold Case files. The kids and I are hoping that some day soon the police will have another go at him!
Even if the only thing he's guilty of is being an abuser, he still knows more then he's told so far.
D

Wow, what a life you have had. Welcome. What do you mean that he walked out with their sister? Did he leave you and the boys and take your daughter? Is there a thread for these two women?

Thanks.

"He wore a mask. He proved himself to be a very mean man, but walking out with their sister and leaving them behind never entered my mind". Sorry if my posting confused you. I meant that taking my daughter and me walking out of the marriage leaving Travis and Tony behind never ever entered my mind.

Othermother, I guess I'm still not understanding. Let's see if I have this right.

You married a man with 3 children, 2 boys & 1 girl. The man was a "widower" whose wife had disappeared without a trace. After marrying this man, he took off with his daughter and left you with the 2 stepsons? Now you think he may have been involved in his first wife's disappearance?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back