Who's Who in Cold Cases

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all! I'm Tina and I've been on WS for a few years. I am very interested in cold cases and often get pretty wrapped up in them although I rarely post in this area. You can usually find me in Crimes in the News although I usually end up here after getting caught up on the day's events.

I live in Central Texas, I'm married to a police officer, I have two kids (8 months and 10 years old) and a stinky basset hound. I read WS every day but when I'm not on, I am usually scrapbooking, reading or writing. I'm a SAHM and LOVE it because I can check WS whenever I want. :)

The cases that I follow are plenty but I CLOSELY follow the Maura Murray, Janet Abaroa, Boy in the Box and Sylvia Likens cases.

ETA: I am also really interested in the Johnny Gosch (sp?) case and the issue with the polaroids that were found. Although I don't study too much of the cases involved because I find it to be very disturbing and it gets to me. :(

Nice to meet all of you!

Hi everyone! My name is Julie and I'm 33, live in Jax, and work as an optician, mainly in the lab. I love being an aunt and spend a lot of time with the singles group in my church.

I love true crime shows and mysteries and puzzles, and I've done a lot of genealogy research in the WV area where my parents are from, so one day a few months ago I was bored and kind of combined my hobbies. I googled something like "WV mysteries" and discovered the Sodder case which led me here. I had trouble joining at first, but I checked back in recently and was able to register, and since then I've gotten totally wrapped up in the Sodder case.

I've peeked at a couple of other cases but hadn't really gotten into any of them, but after reading this thread I think I'm ready to start exploring some other cases out there.

Thanks for all the good work y'all have been doing!

Hi There!

I am a brand new registered poster, just wanting to get my feet wet posting before jumping into a serious thread. I have been reading in all the forums since I found this site a couple weeks ago. I have always had an interest in true crime. I also live in a very active area, the Pacific Northwest. I am actually about two miles down the hill from where Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis lived.

So, I am very interested in missing persons in the NW area and matching them to UID people. Can I post those comparisons here? Or is there a better place?
TIA for any help.
Tonya

Hi There!

I am a brand new registered poster, just wanting to get my feet wet posting before jumping into a serious thread. I have been reading in all the forums since I found this site a couple weeks ago. I have always had an interest in true crime. I also live in a very active area, the Pacific Northwest. I am actually about two miles down the hill from where Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis lived.

So, I am very interested in missing persons in the NW area and matching them to UID people. Can I post those comparisons here? Or is there a better place?
TIA for any help.
Tonya

Welcome! I'm glad there's someone else new here.

I know people post comparisons like that here, so it can be helpful. The Doe Network is a great place to find pictures and cases to compare, but I don't know if it's better to post it there or here.

Hi, my name is Kim and I have been on this website now for about 2 years. I love it. I am a big fan of true crime non-fiction. Cold cases and missing children interest me the most.

I am married and have a 3 year old daughter and a 4 week old newborn son. I work for a sales and marketing company but right now I am on maternity leave until Sept. 1st.

I'm a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate). I live in Chandler, AZ which is right outside Phoenix.

Nice to meet you all and I love this website!

Hi everyone. I have been on here for years and years. I come and go, moving on to other interests, and then coming back again because I just can't stay away. It really sucks having ADD.;)

I have a website www.sleuthster.com where I try to find missing people and try to get them to go home. Sounds weird, but I believe that there are many missing people who have been gone for years (coldcases if you will) that are still alive and are afraid to come home or cant for some reason OR they're family knows where they are at and have never removed them from missing childrens network or where ever.

These cases hinder LE from looking for missing persons who truely are missing or deceased.

I was also member of Doenetwork for a while and then I got a divorce and remarried and had to spend sometime with the new hubby. Well honeymoons over (gosh hard to believe we have been married 3 years) and I am back and determined to help solve some of these cold cases.

BTW I enjoy reading all of your posts and it is great to see so many people commited to a cause.

Best wishes to all,

Cindi Lou

I was attracted to Websleuths in January when the Brianna Denison case started. I have been posting ever since, mostly in her forum, but now I've started to branch out. I too am very interested in missing persons cases, particularly involving children. I would also like to get involved in trying to match unidentified bodies to missing persons.

I am currently reading "Stalemate," a book about Tim Bindner, once considered a suspect in the 20-year-old disappearances of Amber Swartz, Michaela Garecht, Ilene Misheloff and Amanda Nikki Campbell. Michaela's disappearance is the first missing child case I remember knowing of. I remember seeing it on Unsolved Mysteries when I was a child.

I live in the Philadelphia area and work as a writer.

My name is my own business. I live in Michigan, have three children and I am engaged. I work roughly 16 hours a day, between scrap metal (my real job) and doe cases (what I do the rest of the time.) I have a large dog, 3 cats, and 4 kittens. I have a low tolerance for BS, and anyone that tries to feed me BS is subject to my belief that it is such. I am easy going until you threaten me or my kids and then I kinda turn into The Incredible Hulk...on steroids...on a bad day. My pet cases are Stephanie Marie Gant Brady, the disappearance of Carla Corley, and Sharon Marshall.

I'm Tina, and I found this place while reading about Caylee Anthony. I was a childhood fan of Nancy Drew and I'm still fascinated with mystery and crime, both true and fictional.

My name is Laurie. Got a family, dogs, cat, fish...don't like to post info about them online. Anyway, new to this site but not to case review and resolution. I am a member of the Placer County Search and Rescue team. My "pet" cases are any of the local ones, plus my newest ones: Chuck Mauk, Carla Corley (a travesty of justice if ever there was one) and a few others. I feel compelled to be here, to try and make a difference, to let the families know that there are people who genuinely care and want to help.

I just realized I've posted many posts in Cold Cases, but never introduced myself.

My name is neither Zelma nor Jane, but my mother had joked about naming me Zelma after my Grandmother... She was a very nosy woman, and I named one of my PI files ZelmaJane one day, and it kind of stuck! I have assisted my Father's PI in a few big cases, I'm more of an internet wiz than he. I am submitting my PI application soon.

So, why am I here in cold cases?

I grew up with Ian Davis who was murdered in 2002. His case has bothered me since day one. Not only his case, but his Father who "committed suicide" in 2006. Ian was the kind of person you wanted as a friend, and I really, really want to be able to help myself and others have closure in his case.

Thanks for having me.

I am Melanie and I am interested in cold cases exclusively in Western Pennsylvania. My step father's 4 year old daughter was murdered 33 years ago in New Castle PA and her case remains "unsolved". The state police believe they know who committed the crime but I have a few other ideas. I am looking for some specific information on another possibly related case:
A young girl, around 4 years old (not my stepdad's daughter) was murdered in Ellwood City, near Pine Valley Bible Camp in the early 1990's. She may have been named Bethany. I can find no information in newspaperarchives.com. My information is based on the recollection of someone who was only a child at the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I've been reading and posting on Websleuths on and off for several years now. I originally found this site while searching on any information about
Dail Dinwiddie. She disappeared from Columbia, SC in 1992. No, I never knew Dail but hers is one of those cases that just grabs you and you never forget and you always wonder about.

All mysteries interest me, as does human behavior. I haven't ruled out going into a forensics field at some point in my life.

My name is Kevin. I just joined WS about a week ago but always was interested in cold cases/missing persons. I grew up in the Fort Lauderdale area in the early 80's and was always interested in the Adam Walsh case and who murdered him. A very strange case from the start. Hope one day there is a resolution to it for the Walsh family and to catch a vicious murderer who got away with it. Also, a friend of mine went to the University of Florida in the late 80's and was a friend of Tiffany Sessions, who disappeared in Gainesville, Fl in 1989. That case is an unsolved mystery as well. Great site, but it is also sad to see how many people go missing without a trace, many of which never make the news

My name is Laura. LOL. And I have three sons, 6, 3, and almost 2. I live in Spokane WA. Five blocks from Holmes school, (please read my post about Candy Rogers and you will see why that is significant). I came here because I am intrigued about the Sodder case, but also figured this would be a great place to find help in figuring out what happened to Candy. She was only nine years old, when someone raped her and murdered her, and discarded her body. Very sad and when I read about it, I couldn't believe, I live maybe four blocks from where she lived, I live five blocks from the school she went to every day. My son, my six year old, goes to the school. It's weird, almost like since I read about the case, you go to that school and can almost sense her spirit there. Hope you can all help me, this case has been unsolved for much too long. And I hope we can find an answer to the Sodder family as well and what happened, heck I hope they all get solved. Nice to meet everybody. Thanks! :clap: Let's solve these cases!

Hi all...just call me kitbits ;) I just joined within the past week because a) I've always been intrigued by mysteries and b) this penchant, coupled with middle-aged nostalgia, got me thinking of a girl I knew in high school whose nude body was found in a field in Arvada, Colorado, in Sept. 1979--I believe she had been beaten to death.

Suffice to say, it's still a cold case & it has been really haunting me lately. I had moved away from the area that summer after graduation & my father had sent a newspaper clipping about it, thinking that I might have known her. Yep, I sure did--we were friends. Anyway, I'll post about it elsewhere...perhaps somebody out there has heard about it or knew her or her family.

I live in Scotland now, but hooray for the internet!

Hi all! Insomniac flight attendant here in Chicago. :) In my free time I read, play on the computer (pogo addict) and am really happy I found WS!

All my life I've loved mysteries of the fiction variety. Later in life I found myself drawn to true crime. Ok, creepy story time. When I was in high school a good friend told me when she was growing up in the Seattle area as a child (born in 1970) they had a family friend they called Uncle Ted and he drove a Beetle. She's thinks it was Ted Bundy!

Oops, back to topic...I'm very new here, just posted my first thread. Cold cases really bother me for some reason. I have been touched by crime a little bit. A good friend of mine was murdered in 1999, solved immediately (case got a lot of attention, was on Dateline) and my cousin was murdered in April of this year. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, trying to help a friend with some chores. The 4 perps are in jail awaiting trial, or they better be. The way the media and LE portrayed it originally was that my cousin was possibly a "bad guy". So now when I see a mug shot on TV for the victim I don't automatically make assumptions. :(

I hope to also work on missing and UID so someday I can help a family reunite with their missing loved one.

I am new to WS,I live in Indiana,I'm married with 7 kids 17,16,15,14,14,12,11 love every minute.I'm a stay at home mom I have all day to myself when they are in school.I have two cases in my town i would to be solved Linda Wedly 10yrs.when killed in 1987&Rayna Rison 16yrs.when she was killed in 1993.I am thinking about writing a book about missing&murdered people to help get their cases out there I would love to have a research buddy if interested let me know.

I am a puzzle-addict. I decided that solving real-life puzzles has more merit than other puzzles. I also survived a sex crime as a teenager in Phila., PA. It was never solved. I think this has fueled my interest in cold cases. I am extremely interested in "Beth Doe", an unidentified female found in White Haven, PA in 1976. This is the year I graduated from high school and she has captured my heart. I have researched every US missing person case in the 1970s on WS and the DOE Network regarding her and no one seems to be looking for her. That breaks my heart. Why is newspaper research of the 1970s so difficult? Does anyone have any good newspaper research sites that I can use?

Welcome Jay98 and StaceyK!

Jay, I hope you'll check out the Anna Christian Waters case. It's a large forum, so it would take a while to read the info, but numerology may be a factor in the case, so you may be able to provide some incite in that area.

Stacey, I figure you've probably already tried newspaperarchive.com, but I'll suggest it just in case. It is great for certain geographical areas and time periods, but lacking in others. I've found a lot of helpful articles there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back