Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
welcome viki! great first post! In fact it was beyond great! It is wonderful to have someone else here with your background!

Are you saying that all the combined stressors may have triggered her actions? (I am a nurse and have some psyche background altho not to the extent that you do...my hat is off to you!)

Hi, Nurse, thank you for the warm welcome and, yes, I wonder if the current stressers didn't set off a full-blown attempt to "own" Sandra on a last hurah junket of sorts, throwing caution to the wind.

Of course I'm also interested to see if these reports of Melissa having been involved in earlier drugging activity might pan out.

I am thinking along these same lines. I wouldn't be surprised if LE connects one or more previous abductions to MH at some point in the near future when DNA comparisons can be made to cold cases. I think that is worth sleuthing.

Definitely! With this new info out that she may be charged with rape and molestation too, I feel yes it needs to be looked into. Even her own daughter needs to be checked to make sure she was not abused in this way before. I know I read on here that MH may have drugged another child in the past, but was not charged. I will have to go find that post. Poor little Sandra I was hoping this was not the case

I think she is involved in kiddie *advertiser censored*... I am not convinced there wasn't another person involved with her abuse/murder.

I voted 'I just don't know'.

I hardly think she snapped and did it. She arranged alot of this on the fly. She killed Sandra in a different place than she kidnapped her from. This is not snapping. Too many steps in this, too much activity, and she carried Sandra somewhere else to kill her. Not a snap murder.

As for her being part of a pedo ring, I definitely think it's an idea. She happens to be friends with most of the other initial POI's. I think they're all involved with each other.

I completely agree.

I need to go back and read about the items she wrote to her best friend about how she felt starting in the 6th grade. I think she did this to get caught, I think she was abused, I think she was part of a ring and I think her grandfather knows more than he is letting on. There is a lot of catching up I need to do because I've been away from the boards. I'd like to know what was done about Sandra being found drugged 6 months ago.

Welcome to WS, Viki! Great first post.

I agree with most things you said with the exception of a couple and something going horribly wrong. I do think Melissa was obsessed with Sandra and targeted her out of power, control, and rage. I further believe we will find the Rape and Molestation charges will bear this out, unfortunately. I suspect drugs could be a factor, but I don't think it will end up being the COD. I see defiance in Melissa's interviews and even her booking photo with no sign of remorse. She acted with vengence, imo. I said before and will say again...I expect to find a brutality in Sandra's murder. :(

I have a feeling that Sandra was killed becuase she was going to tell her parents about being molested by Melissa.As there are reports of two other girls having to deal with that from Melissa.I alos think when we hear what came out during the autopsy.Some people here will drop their jaws as to what the autospy shows.I honestly feel Melissa acted alone. And no one knew about the monster she really was.:sick:
I am trying to catch up. Has any autopsy info been released? If so, will someone point me in the direction to read it? TIA :)

I agree with most things you said with the exception of a couple and something going horribly wrong. I do think Melissa was obsessed with Sandra and targeted her out of power, control, and rage. I further believe we will find the Rape and Molestation charges will bear this out, unfortunately. I suspect drugs could be a factor, but I don't think it will end up being the COD. I see defiance in Melissa's interviews and even her booking photo with no sign of remorse. She acted with vengence, imo. I said before and will say again...I expect to find a brutality in Sandra's murder. :(
Do we know if she's mentally ill? I mean has she been diagnosed with a mental illness that we know of?
TIA

I am trying to catch up. Has any autopsy info been released? If so, will someone point me in the direction to read it? TIA :)

No it haas not!!! I am going what a local told me. And so far he has been dead on

I was wondering/hoping we could change the wording in option number 2. Using crazy as a descriptive for mental illness is antiquated and offensive to a lot of people who have suffered from mental illness at one time or another. I'd appreciate it as I'm sure some others would as well.

Is that better?

I guess all we can hope for now is that Sandra had enough drugs in her system that she wasn't aware of what was happening to her. That is my prayer tonight.

Thank you and you could be right - I just haven't seen any evidence of those factors yet. For the moment I'm leaning towards a long standing obsession with Sandra, infantile personality (owing to her own probable sexual abuse as a child), and female sex offender with probable previous acting out - all culminating in THIS event because of external triggers (upcoming court appearance).

Hello everyone!
(This is my first post...)

In an earlier post on this thread, a couple of people mentioned Munchausen syndrome - and I've been wondering if this was going to be brought up in the news. Huckaby actually seems to exhibit behaviors of both Munchausens AND Munchausens by proxy...

But calling her "crazy" seems to be too close to an excuse - or a 'cop out' for her. I don't think she's "insane" per se, because that sort of implies a break from reality. More likely, she seems to be abnormally aware and calculating.

I don't think she was jealous of her daughter's relationship with Sandra, but I do think that perhaps she viewed Sandra as somehow "better" than her daughter because she was happy, healthy, sweet, etc. - and her daughter frail and frequently ill (this is all hypothetical, mind you). For a mother with MBP, a child will be injured or made frequently ill - for attention. Huckaby's own history could indicate she sought attention by harming herself as well. She'd experienced tough times/troubles and was dependent on her grandparents.

I can't help but wonder if Sandra took the spotlight and attention - for the right reasons - and Huckaby may have thought (abnormally) that Sandra was somehow overshadowing her. It's jealousy on one level, but not the way normal healthy people define it. I think it's a lot more sinister, and she's certainly proven she's sinister. (I just heard about the rape issue - that is unfathomable... I don't know the details on that yet, so I have to go look that up).

I don't think she deserves to get off with a plea of insanity. That would be too lenient.

Okay, I'm going to go vote now...

I honestly don't know. I definitely think Melissa is crazy, and may have some sort of mental disorder. But, I don't know what would've made her snap.

I agree she has no remorse. sure doesn't appear to at least. just the fact that she continued to speak about it was her way of bragging. she disgust me.

NG said the suspect was arrested for sexual assault and murder of Sandra.

she hated her mother and needed her mother to suffer.think of the mindgames she could have played with her if she would have not gotten caught.the wAS a sunday school teACHER so you know how it is when there is someone you dont like much then the intense hatred starts.
shes being beaten multible times intense beatings so ,and i dont think thats ever gonna end.
sundschool beatinsteACHER.

I think she wanted to make some money and was hoping to shop a film to the local pedofiles. I think she drugged her and hoped she would not remember anything and then it went bad. It is interesting to note that there was another guy arrested around the same time who I think was a film maker and who is due to appear in the same court at the same time as MH. He may not have had anything to do with the death and is not charged with one, but what a coinkidink.

angel killers get beatings until they are no more.if hes involved he will too.

Because she is a child sexual predator and molested, raped, murdered her and disposed of her body just like many other child sexual predators have done.

I have been pondering this for the last few days and I just can't understand why she would do this to a little girl not much older than her own daughter. I have read here that she was depressed and suicidal even as young girl herself and wonder if possibly she was Gay. Just a thought, but if she came from a very religious family she may have been taught that homosexuality is wrong and felt BAD about herself and been struggling with her own sexuality. Than again I hope I am just thinking too much and I am wrong, for I pray Sandra was not sexually abused. I answered I do not know.

---
Even if someone is gay, that does not mean that they are a child sexual predator. A child sexual predator can be hetrosexual, bi-sexual or homsexual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back