Why did the Grand Jury not indict the Ramseys?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I'd better come clean about something, Roy. I wasn't completely forward with you. I left out an important thing. Yes, I mentioned how Henry Lee instructed Hunter not to indict. But that was only part of it. He ALSO said that they had more than enough to charge the Rs with lesser crimes, like evidence tampering and giving false statements, but that they couldn't because CO law says you can't bring lesser charges if a murder charge is still open.

Wait a minute, Dave. If anything, they should charge the Boulder PD of not securing the scene, evidence tampering, and basically not doing their job. They wouldn't have won that case either.

Truth be told, HOTYH, you're right, in a manner of speaking. In fact, the way you phrased that says it all.

There was PLENTY of evidence that showed they did it. But there wasn't any that said which ONE of them did it.

There was NO evidence that showed they did it. Didn't you read the news? If there were evidence that showed they did it, they would've been arrested.Fibers on JBR doesn't show they did it. Your opinion that JBR had chronic abuse doesn't show they did it. PR denying she owned the bowl doesn't show they did it. A receipt with $2.29 on it doesn't show they did it. Add it all together, and that doesn't show they did it. The only way there is plenty of evidence that showed they did it is by hallucination.

Wait a minute, Dave. If anything, they should charge the Boulder PD of not securing the scene, evidence tampering, and basically not doing their job. They wouldn't have won that case either.

Just telling you what I've been told, Roy.

There was NO evidence that showed they did it.

Oh, no? Would you like to see a list? Because I've got one.

If there were evidence that showed they did it, they would've been arrested.

As I've told you only a hundred times, the police WANTED to arrest them.

Fibers on JBR doesn't show they did it. Your opinion that JBR had chronic abuse doesn't show they did it. PR denying she owned the bowl doesn't show they did it. A receipt with $2.29 on it doesn't show they did it.

You're right: none of them by themselves do all that much. It's when you put everything together that the magic begins.

Add it all together, and that doesn't show they did it.

That's where you're wrong, friend.

The only way there is plenty of evidence that showed they did it is by hallucination.

That's beneath a response. This is really getting to be a bore.

Just telling you what I've been told, Roy.

Fair enough. Nobody close to the case is telling me anything. I am just trying to use my own logic. I don't know what the Ramsey's took out of there. I am assuming that they weren't going to arrest John for bringing his childs lifeless body up the stairs. The reality to me is that the police did not suspect the family until after the body was found. Even though no signs of forced entry existed, no footprints in the snow, and so on they just left it to Arndt. It wasn't until after BPD realized that they totally screwed up that all the suspicions took place. I say we should not blame the Ramsey's for friends running all over their house and people wiping down tables and what not.

You know Dave, maybe Patsy was so distraught that she touched the Pineapple bowl without knowing it after the police had left that morning. Mistakes happen but if they had searched that house properly I would bet this case doesn't have so many question.

You're right: none of them by themselves do all that much. It's when you put everything together that the magic begins.

Do you take patience pills, Dave? I nearly had an aneurysm reading that 'they would've been arrested' chestnut AGAIN!

There was PLENTY of evidence that showed they did it. But there wasn't any that said which ONE of them did it.

Its semantics, SD.

Evidence that shows they did it is not the same as evidence that supports a claim that they did it. Your 'list' is evidence that supports a claim that they did it.

Your list does nothing to 'show' that they did it. See what I mean? It might be a good idea to check into semantics considering your book and all.

Lets put it another way: Given the evidence that we all know, nobody is really in a position to show that PR or JR killed their daughter. Your list doesn't show they did it. It only attempts to show they did it.

Fair enough. Nobody close to the case is telling me anything. I am just trying to use my own logic.

Like you say, fair enough.

I don't know what the Ramsey's took out of there. I am assuming that they weren't going to arrest John for bringing his childs lifeless body up the stairs.

I don't think that's quite what Lee meant.

The reality to me is that the police did not suspect the family until after the body was found.

I think you would agree that they had no reason.

Even though no signs of forced entry existed, no footprints in the snow, and so on they just left it to Arndt.

Big mistake, in my view.

I say we should not blame the Ramsey's for friends running all over their house and people wiping down tables and what not.

Why not? They invited them over in the first place! (Despite the ransom letter's warnings, wink wink, nudge nudge.)

You know Dave, maybe Patsy was so distraught that she touched the Pineapple bowl without knowing it after the police had left that morning.

I doubt it.

Mistakes happen but if they had searched that house properly I would bet this case doesn't have so many question.

No real sense talking about what should have happened.

Do you take patience pills, Dave? I nearly had an aneurysm reading that 'they would've been arrested' chestnut AGAIN!

I KNOW the feeling! "Patience pills?" I don't know about that, but even MY tolerance has its limits.

.Its semantics, SD.

Evidence that shows they did it is not the same as evidence that supports a claim that they did it. Your 'list' is evidence that supports a claim that they did it.

While there are few things that frustrate me more than splitting hairs, when you're right, you're right. I should have worded that more carefully.

Your list does nothing to 'show' that they did it. See what I mean? It might be a good idea to check into semantics considering your book and all.

I do hope that's just a friendly warning. But you needn't worry. I thought of that in advance. I'm committed, but I'm not stupid.

Lets put it another way: Given the evidence that we all know, nobody is really in a position to show that PR or JR killed their daughter. Your list doesn't show they did it. It only attempts to show they did it.

Thought I said that!

Like you say, fair enough.

I don't think that's quite what Lee meant.

I think you would agree that they had no reason.

Big mistake, in my view.

Why not? They invited them over in the first place! (Despite the ransom letter's warnings, wink wink, nudge nudge.)

I doubt it.

No real sense talking about what should have happened.

You make a decent point there. I don't think it proves anything necessarily but a good point. I don't have a problem with them calling authorities but if I were in there shoes I would speak to my friends by cell phone and not have a ton of people at my house. Just in case. Nice job.

The FBI wanted to see them arrested that morning- long before the body was found. Actually, they said to LE "You're going to be finding her body". They suspected the parents right away.
And I think that was one of the major reasons why they were sent away. Hunter knew he wasn't supposed to look to the Rs as suspects.

The FBI wanted to see them arrested that morning- long before the body was found. Actually, they said to LE "You're going to be finding her body". They suspected the parents right away.
And I think that was one of the major reasons why they were sent away. Hunter knew he wasn't supposed to look to the Rs as suspects.

What?

Now in this we have evidence to a Ramsey same breath to an intruder...Grand jury called to soon..LE messing up in the begining and the R's friends roaming freely touching everything...Can anyone tell me if I can even pray that justice will come for JonBenet..

Re the pineapple bowl.

Why is it so strange that PR's fingerprints were found on the bowl?It was hers and we don't know WHEN she touched it.It's normal for her prints to be on it.

Yep it is weird that she at first denies owning it and at the same time we find out that JB's last meal was pineapple.

But what's the big deal about the prints.....it doesn't tell us anything about the crime IMO.Her prints on it doesn't mean she gave pineapple to JB THAT night.

Let's say JB got up and went to the kitchen because she was hungry.PR wakes up and is angry about it and bashes her head.In this case IMO she would have put the bowl back in the fridge.Why not clean it up like it's said she did with the flashlight.

To me her prints on the bowl don't mean anything.

Now in this we have evidence to a Ramsey same breath to an intruder...Grand jury called to soon..LE messing up in the begining and the R's friends roaming freely touching everything...Can anyone tell me if I can even pray that justice will come for JonBenet..

Depends of what you mean by justice Ravyn.:(
I don't think we will ever see this case going to court,I don't see a conviction,I don't see the responsible one/ones going to prison.Too many mistakes have been made,by BOTH sides.
But I'd like to know the truth.That would mean a bit of justice to me.

You gave a good example here....the R's friends roaming freely touching everything.......it's either they did it on purpose or they had no idea what they were doing.Doesn't even matter since det Arndt should have cleared the house immediately when the body was found.

Doesn't matter if in the future there will be charges,RDI,IDI,JARDI,ARDI,FWDI,doesn't matter.This case is a dream come true for any defence lawyer.There is so much resonable doubt there for each scenario.

And IMo if IDI and there will ever be a match they better hope for someone like JMK and his CONFESSION.

moo

Re the pineapple bowl.

Why is it so strange that PR's fingerprints were found on the bowl?It was hers and we don't know WHEN she touched it.It's normal for her prints to be on it.

Yep it is weird that she at first denies owning it and at the same time we find out that JB's last meal was pineapple.

But what's the big deal about the prints.....it doesn't tell us anything about the crime IMO.Her prints on it doesn't mean she gave pineapple to JB THAT night.

Let's say JB got up and went to the kitchen because she was hungry.PR wakes up and is angry about it and bashes her head.In this case IMO she would have put the bowl back in the fridge.Why not clean it up like it's said she did with the flashlight.

To me her prints on the bowl don't mean anything.

An intruder would NOT be inclined to put the bowl back in the fridge. True?

You make a decent point there. I don't think it proves anything necessarily but a good point. I don't have a problem with them calling authorities but if I were in there shoes I would speak to my friends by cell phone and not have a ton of people at my house. Just in case. Nice job.

Thank you. Even I can understand calling the police. As for it not proving anything, not by itself, I suppose.

An intruder would NOT be inclined to put the bowl back in the fridge. True?

Patsy was well known not to put things back in their place. Did you see the photos of the basement? Messy to put it mildly. Patsy's own mother admonished her to tidy up, because the housekeeper spent too much time just putting things away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back