Why take "rocks" into evidence??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know that OSCO is obligated to correctly define the find. I believe there's no reason to take rocks in and bag them as found property. If that were the case, why not take the toys too. I think they categorized it as B. Found Property when in fact, it's my suspicion it's actually what they believe to be A. Evidence

My Opinion Only.
Ok..But why take it?

Does anybody have a pic or link to the close up of the rocks? I have looked everywhere and can not seem to find one.

You can't find them because there are no rocks :crazy:

I don't know that OSCO is obligated to correctly define the find. I believe there's no reason to take rocks in and bag them as found property. If that were the case, why not take the toys too. I think they categorized it as B. Found Property when in fact, it's my suspicion it's actually what they believe to be A. Evidence

My Opinion Only.

I agree.

And whether or not this is connected...I find it very interesting that a certain VIP to the investigation visited the site today. Pure speculation but maybe to gauge public opinion on this whole "rock" idea. Sorry for talking in codes but some may be able to decipher what I'm getting at.

And whether or not this is connected...I find it very interesting that a certain VIP to the investigation visited the site today. Pure speculation but maybe to gauge public opinion on this whole "rock" idea. Sorry for talking in codes but some may be able to decipher what I'm getting at.

Can we have another hint for those of us who might not have seen the VIP?

Just a thought guys...If LE took the "rocks" into custody as found property (and not evidence), could they be just NOT declaring it such so that the defense team would not be able to recieve "some of the evidence for their own testing" as ruled on by Judge to JB for disclosure of evidence (or future evidence found?) Thinking....

I heard one of the media say that Lee Anthony actually put in an appearance at the site, going back and forth a couple of times. Huh?

I also heard the interview with one of the divers. He seems a little upset that their find was being played off as nothing.

At any rate, I get so excited when I think there is anything found. I always think that well if it isn't connected to Caylee, maybe it is to Trenton.

I was very surprised at how quickly they dismissed everything, even the toys. How could they have known they weren't her toys so quickly?

I agree with those who say that LE took the rocks in case there is any questions later as to whether bones were actually found. IF bones had been found today, LE wouldn't have just taken them and left. They would have roped off the area and called out their own divers to looks for the remainder of the body.

I didn't see all the video today, but I saw two guys who appeared to be divers carrying off what appeared to be a stretcher of sorts, made from some type of black fabric. I didn't see LE carrying anything like that.

I posted this in the other thread, but they really don't have a choice but to take them and prove they are rocks with everyone saying they saw them and it was definitely fingers and toes.

BTW fingers and toes of a two year old would be so small, how would anyone know that is what they were? We aren't talking about an intact hand...

But what is LE's other option, to toss them on the ground and then when she is never found everyone says they didn't even take the time to verify they weren't bones. They just walked away from the rest of Caylee's remains.

If they thought there was a 1 in a 100 chance those were bone fragments, Caylees or any other humans the site would have been shut down. What are they going to do come back in a week and say hey can you guys bring back all of the stuff you left here with? We need our crime scene back.

They are rocks, and now someone gets to do the paperwork and spend the money to get a report back that says they are rocks.

Well, they have gone back to the A's, I think 3 times for evidence. I don't know why they were there this evening but LE left with a brown paper bag according to another thread here on WS, so if they were collecting evidence, this would be the 4th time.

My understanding is that it was only a car that resembled Lee's.

That is the way I see it too.

I assume that somebody at the scene called LE and made a report that they believed they had found 'bones'.

I think while it could easily be discounted at the scene as being rocks, just to be on the safe side somebody experienced in that filed could do an examination on them. And as you said. "someone gets to do the paperwork and spend the money to get a report back that says they are rocks."

The experienced, qualified, black water divers felt they had found bones. The Dive Team Leader notified LE and locked down the area and guarded the evidence. It took LE over an hour to arrive on scene and the whole time a diver stayed squatting by the evidence, every once in a while he would stand to stretch his legs but he never left his position. It was obvious these people were experienced in what they were doing. These guys thought for sure as the diver stated on NG he thought they were bones.

Thank you for clarifying on Lee making an appearance, reefshadow. I really appreciate it. It had me kind of confused that he would be there.

I agree with those who say that LE took the rocks in case there is any questions later as to whether bones were actually found. IF bones had been found today, LE wouldn't have just taken them and left. They would have roped off the area and called out their own divers to looks for the remainder of the body.

I didn't see all the video today, but I saw two guys who appeared to be divers carrying off what appeared to be a stretcher of sorts, made from some type of black fabric. I didn't see LE carrying anything like that.

I agree. They would have had the FBI, OCSD, and heaps of divers and CSI there within minutes.

:( I wish it had been something though...

Per this link from their website http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=Policies/48.0.pdf&tabid=233&mid=1824ORANGE

COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
SPECIAL ORDER
Effective Date: July 20, 2007
 Rescinds - S.O. 48.0 (January 18, 2006)
 Amends Number: 48.0
SUBJECT: PROCEDURES FOR HANDLING EVIDENCE
Print Date:This order consists of the following:
1. Purpose
2. Definitions
3. Procedures
1. Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for handling evidence within the Evidence Unit to ensure property integrity.

2. Definitions
A. Evidence - property which may be related to a crime or designated as evidentiary by a law enforcement officer.
B. Found property - non-evidentiary property that has been determined to be lost or abandoned, and is not known or suspected to be connected with a criminal offense.
C. Property held for safekeeping - non-evidentiary property placed into custody for temporary protection.
D. Documentary property – documents, papers, letters, maps, photographs, films, tapes or recordings held by Evidence in accordance with F.S.S. 119.01.

So according to this those were lost or abandoned rocks.
The toys and the bags were trash?

I posted this on the NG site also, still mad.

I just watched NG again. How many parent's, mom's, grandparent's know exactly how many and what kind of toy your child or children have?

I almost came out of my chair when the lady called and asked how could LE determine so fast that the find had nothing to do with Caylee? The answer... BECAUSE LE KNOWS WHAT TOYS CAYLEE HAD, THEY HAD BEEN AT HER HOUSE. IS THAT WHAT HE SAID?
Watch LE come back and say that bag had been there for years.

That's what they said. Amazing isn't it.

I was there at Jay Blanchard today, sister in law called me at work and I just got off. I work about 2 miles form Jay Blanchard and i went over there... LE did take something..I also heard talk that it would take about 3-5 days maybe even a week to get back results of what it is. And also this was bout 3:00 i got there by 4:00 police were guarding both entrances not letting anyone else in there.. They let people leave but not go in. IMO they were saying (that this has been in the water for a long time) I dont see anyone planting anything over a period of a week then LE saying its been there for a long time, and also I dont see anyone taking a family pet putting it in a black bag and using any kind of bricks or rocks to weigh it down ... just bury it in your back yard..Y not Casey did at some point and time...IMO.
The experienced, qualified, black water divers felt they had found bones. The Dive Team Leader notified LE and locked down the area and guarded the evidence. It took LE over an hour to arrive on scene and the whole time a diver stayed squatting by the evidence, every once in a while he would stand to stretch his legs but he never left his position. It was obvious these people were experienced in what they were doing. These guys thought for sure as the diver stated on NG he thought they were bones.

Chilly, pay attention to these posts. This makes me believe they did find something significant... Also to the poster who said they didn't know their children's toys- although my daughter has alot, unless she hasn't played with it in awhile, I've bought most of her toys, or seen them given and know exact brands, plus I end up buying a lot of toys for her friends and cousins birthday parties, so yeah I do know her exact toys!

I'm not sure what to think anymore but I don't think this was planted by padilla.. and this is why, it's the shamrock.. why would he be all freaked out about the shamrock only to make himself look stupid when it turned out to be gumby.. if he really wanted people to believe it was caylee and he put the toys in there then why didn't he put in a real shamrock object.. if he planted this he would no that the shamrock was gumby.. and also le might be upset because they don't want it made public that soon..maybe they are hoping they can find more body parts close to the bag they found.. they don't want to mess up anything with this case..they have worked to hard and too long to let anything screw it up now.. they are smarter then we think..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back