Why? What was the motive?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. I always thought that Darlie may have had a "lame" motive. She and Darin had been arguing off and on about money and he seemed to be getting fed up with her, hence another fight that night.

Darlie loves to be the center of attention.

So let's say Darlie been threatening divorce, knowing Darin will say honey please stay etc.. and that makes her feel in control. But just suppose previous to that night, and even on that night he tells her go ahead, divorce me I've had enough. Darlie, to keep his attention on HER, decides to murder the children so that he'll again focus on HER as a victim of a horrendous crime and she'll be in control again.

Other people have committed murder for that type of reason, and some have killed simply to hurt the other person by killing the pets/people he or she loves the most.

another good point,if she felt she was losing Darin's affection,killing the boys,injuring herself and appearing the victim of some horrendous unknown intruder could have been her way of getting his attention back,as awful as it sounds.

These are all good points. But it is still so hard for me to comprehend how a MOTHER, who actually does seem to love her kids (you just can't tell me she didn't when you can see "it" in those pic's on the websites and many people testified to this also) who is not a drug addict or drunk can just FLIP A SWITCH and do that to her boys. I am a WHY person so this is just getting the best of me...grrrrrrhhh

I think she loved what the kids refected in herself. They were beautiful, so she was beautiful. They were good, so she was good. They were young, so she was young. They represented a wholesome all american family, she was that wholesome family.

In the countless interviews I've seen and read she seems to mourn her loss of freedom not the loss of her two boys and I can't recall ever hearing her mention her living son in the context of the murders, how it could or would have an effect on his.

There are also reports of abuse just prior to the killings on the baby, I will find them.

She never offered first aid to those boys, even in her own testimony that is clear. Throwing a wet towel on gaping wounds is hardly what a loving mother would do.

In the hopsital it was reported that when she was wheeled right next to her dead son, she looked away showing no emotion.

One of her friends reports that she took Darlie to the house to collect some things, the house with blood stains still very apparent and told her friend that she needed to redecorate. This is just days after the killing of her children. No comment about the blood and no mention of the murders

I know some people will dispute her emotions and words as that everyone grieves differently, but at some point, somewhere, you break down.
I'm sure she knows the speculation about this aspect and she still can barely MAKE herself cry. In every interview she forces the tears.
If that were me, and I was innocent, you wouldn't be able to stop the tears.

I know what you mean about her demeanor after the murders. I have stated before that this was a factor for me as to her guilt but it still doesn't convince me she didn't actually love them. I think by that point, she had already convinced herself what she had done was to spare them. From what, I have no idea but she had already justified her actions to herself and feel this is why she acted so cold/flat toward them, not that she didn't love them.

I know some people will dispute her emotions and words as that everyone grieves differently, but at some point, somewhere, you break down.
I'm sure she knows the speculation about this aspect and she still can barely MAKE herself cry. In every interview she forces the tears.
If that were me, and I was innocent, you wouldn't be able to stop the tears.

IMO she broke down behind closed doors in front of Darren and this is why he covered for her.

Please do not miss understand me. Darlie did this, no doubt in my mind. I am trying to understand/figure out the "why" to this. :waitasec::crazy:

I know what you mean about her demeanor after the murders. I have stated before that this was a factor for me as to her guilt but it still doesn't convince me she didn't actually love them. I think by that point, she had already convinced herself what she had done was to spare them. From what, I have no idea but she had already justified her actions to herself and feel this is why she acted so cold/flat toward them, not that she didn't love them.

I get that, I do, but I think that believing what you did was for their own good and missing your loved ones are two different things. You know, she can believe that what she did was ok, but she can't even get tears going when she thinks about them. If there was a point where she started acting cold, what about before that? She can't think of happy times and truly missing them to get the tears and emotions going?
I've never seen her get angry, get upset, get emotional at all about her children. That truly bothers me.

IMO she broke down behind closed doors in front of Darren and this is why he covered for her.

Please do not miss understand me. Darlie did this, no doubt in my mind. I am trying to understand/figure out the "why" to this. :waitasec::crazy:

I think there are probably so many reasons. I do believe Darin knows that Darlie did it.
Has he ever been on the front lines of her support groups, or has it always been Mama Darlie?

What I mean by that is that this is one fingerprint, only one. IMO, it is Darlie's fingerprint, and I bet you she knows this, she's just playing the game. Now if it was determined to not be Darlie's, then I would consider it to be a bigger deal. JMO.
A latent print consultant - Robert C Lohnes - has stated in his professional opinion that the bloody fingerprint does not belong to Darlie Routier.

I get that, I do, but I think that believing what you did was for their own good and missing your loved ones are two different things. You know, she can believe that what she did was ok, but she can't even get tears going when she thinks about them. If there was a point where she started acting cold, what about before that? She can't think of happy times and truly missing them to get the tears and emotions going?
I've never seen her get angry, get upset, get emotional at all about her children. That truly bothers me.

me too,and if there was an intruder,she would have been screaming and crying,yelling with rage to GET THE GUY WHO DID THIS !
I'm surprised antisocial PD wasn't part of her dx.

I think there are probably so many reasons. I do believe Darin knows that Darlie did it.

me too,as I don't recall in the 911 transcripts where Darin is yelling for help or asking how to do cpr on the boys...what exactly to do for the wounds, etc..it's like he already knew they were dead or dying.

Has he ever been on the front lines of her support groups, or has it always been Mama Darlie?

Actually, I think he was until that one lawyer was brought in and started with the "Darren did this theory".

me too,as I don't recall in the 911 transcripts where Darin is yelling for help or asking how to do cpr on the boys...what exactly to do for the wounds, etc..it's like he already knew they were dead or dying.

Yes, and he had to let Damon die or Damon would be able to tell everyone that his mother did this. I believe that is why he stayed over by Devon. Now I have read some other posts where some believe that Darren could of possibly been involved with the last two stabbings of Damon, but IMO I just don't believe Darren killed/assisted with the murders of his two boys. I think he was a young 28 year old man in love with Darlie to the extent that he tried to protect her and what was left of his family.

me too,and if there was an intruder,she would have been screaming and crying,yelling with rage to GET THE GUY WHO DID THIS !
I'm surprised antisocial PD wasn't part of her dx.

Yes, if she didn't do this, she (according to her personality type) would be screaming from the tops of her lungs that we had the wrong person and I also believe if her family believed she was innocent, that they would still be on LE or a PD to FIND THE REAL KILLER. imho

I've heard countless arguements about how everyone grieves differently. Fine, maybe she was even blocking it out as not to deal with it since it was so painful. I can't understand why she wasn't still concerned the person might come back for her, seeing as she was the only surviving witness and might possibly recover the memory.For that matter, at the time, the "attacker" had no way of knowing that she wasn't already giving good descriptions. People who have been attacked are fearful that someone will attack them again, especially when the attacker is at large. If the attacker is caught, they are often still paranoid of being attacked. Takes time to get over that and regain confidence. She went right on with her life as if no need to fear for her safety. True catching her children's killer should have been her top priority but there still would have been some fear. She acted as if there was no reason for her to be concerned for her own safety. THAT is odd in cases of physical assault.

I've heard countless arguements about how everyone grieves differently. Fine, maybe she was even blocking it out as not to deal with it since it was so painful. I can't understand why she wasn't still concerned the person might come back for her, seeing as she was the only surviving witness and might possibly recover the memory.For that matter, at the time, the "attacker" had no way of knowing that she wasn't already giving good descriptions. People who have been attacked are fearful that someone will attack them again, especially when the attacker is at large. If the attacker is caught, they are often still paranoid of being attacked. Takes time to get over that and regain confidence. She went right on with her life as if no need to fear for her safety. True catching her children's killer should have been her top priority but there still would have been some fear. She acted as if there was no reason for her to be concerned for her own safety. THAT is odd in cases of physical assault.

EXACTLY!!! My thoughts all along. I have stated this before, why wasn't she afraid? I would of been terrified of being in public, being alone, sleeping, and I would never let my only surviving child out of my sight! Yet in the video at the graves, you would never know that the baby was hers.

Fine, maybe she was even blocking it out as not to deal with it since it was so painful.....

I don't buy that. She claims, through evidence she puts forth, that she struggled and fought the attacker, but can only remember waking up to her son touching her and the seeing the killer fleeing the house. Just does not add up to me, a trauma that costs memory is not so compartmentalized.

I can't understand why she wasn't still concerned the person might come back for her, seeing as she was the only surviving witness and might possibly recover the memory.For that matter, at the time, the "attacker" had no way of knowing that she wasn't already giving good descriptions.
I think you're right on both points. If this killer had indeed struggled with her after already stabbing her two sons, why would he even let her live? She claims she ran after him therefore he knew she was alive and not assumed she was dead as they have tried to put foward.

I always thought that she was describing him, but she was stead fast in stating IS WASN"T HIM that she saw leaving through the garage.

Yep absolutely, she was adament it wasn't Darin. Seems she's changed her mind now....

Barbara Davies is NOT the sole reason that I believe in Darlies innocence, (as I stated), if you read all of my post you would know this. What I was trying to say is that she had sat through the trial everyday and she belived wholeheartedly in Darlies guilt until, she saw all evidence. I stated myself that it could be a publicity stunt.
What you are saying bout juror makes sense although he must have doubted his decision at the time to change his mind now.

Sometimes they call it juror remorse Nicola. I think Mr. Samsen was remorseful that he sentenced Darlie to death. If you could see or hear him you'd understand that he appears elderly and feeble and not very well schooled in defense injuries, etc. All the attorneys agree, both state and Darlie's defense that the photos of her bruises were in evidence at trial, there's tesitmony on them and photos being shown to the jury. If Mr. Samsen did not see those photos he wasn't paying attention, nor was he paying attention to the medical testimony.

But yes it's all designed to get Darlie a new trial and it failed. You should read Barbara's book, then you'll know that she saw the photos of the bruises.

A fingerprint in blood id not 'a little thing' especially if it turns out that it is not Darlies. Just because there is only one fingerprint in blood does not make it unlikely, it is not unheard of for crime scenes to be completeley free of fingerprints. The thing is if this fingerprint does turn out not to belong to DArlie then it will add tremendous weight to her innocence as it will mean that there was definatley someone else in that house.

Nicola, that room was a blood bath. There's no way an over six foot intruder left a small, smudged print on that sofa table and nothing anywhere else. Unless he used that table to beam himself out of the house.

That print will remain unidentified..the closest match is to Darlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back