WI - Audrey Seiler for faking abduction, Madison, 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess Audry thinks she is isn't one of the lucky ones. Why would anyone waste the county's money and resources? She should have contacted a mental health provider! This makes me angry. There are professionals in her community to help people like her!

Search for Evidence in Faked Abduction

MADISON, WI (AP) -- Police are investigating whether a college student who staged her own disappearance last month may have committed a felony in the process, a newspaper reported Monday.

A search warrant signed last week seeks evidence that University of Wisconsin student Audrey Seiler obstructed justice, a felony punishable by up to 31/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

The warrant allowed police to examine Seiler's cell phone and laptop computer, the newspaper said. Seiler's attorney, Randy Hopper, did not return a telephone message Monday from The Associated Press.

More

So much for her being an "honor roll" student.
What kind of honor roll student pulls a stunt like this? What happens to the next real victim of this type of alleged crime?

Marthatex said:
I have heard the joke that psychologist and psychiatrist's children are often some of the most messed up. Don't know if that is true or not.

The most evil meanspirited person I ever met was a Minister's son. The wildest drunk driving, drug using partier I ever met was a cop's daughter. I once knew a Judge's son who comitted suicide because he failed a math test. He gained no wisdom from his parent's profession, most kids don't.

My parents were both Plumbers...

Jack said:
The most evil meanspirited person I ever met was a Minister's son. The wildest drunk driving, drug using partier I ever met was a cop's daughter. I once knew a Judge's son who comitted suicide because he failed a math test. He gained no wisdom from his parent's profession, most kids don't.

My parents were both Plumbers...

Your mom was a plubmer too?

Ok, the brain isn't functioning too well today, but if she was charged than she was arrested right, mug shots, the whole 9 yards. Or does it not work that way?

So 9 months per charge.. max and a fine?

Think she will plead guilty or take it to trial?

Oh Man, I hope she saves her family their last bit of dignity (and herself), and pleads guilty. Step up to plate Audrey and take ALL the responsibility. Do the right thing.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSING_STUDENT?SITE=OHCIP&SECTION=HOME

"When officers attempted to assist Seiler to her feet she said "I can't leave the woods - a bad man will kill me," according to the complaint. She told officers the man had a knife and a gun."

"As investigators attempted to console her, she added, "It just got so out of hand. I did not mean for it to ... everybody did so much for me," the complaint said."

And now the roommate says she seemed depressed about her boyfriend not paying enough attention to her.

Newswolf, great link. Geez though, its like she is someone so much younger, like 13 maybe. But the elaborateness of her lie just floors me, she told a real good one.:doh:

If you go to the smokinggun.com, they have the criminal complaint documents posted. I would provide the link, but this is my first post and I haven't quite figured things out yet.

Because Audrey has been under a doctor's care, my bet is that she will beat the charge. An attorney is already involved. There will be a psychiatric report that will clear her (not that I agree with this.)

Ike welcome, I shall post the url for you

http://thesmokinggun.com/archive/0414042audrey1.html

"At one point, according to the complaint, the 20-year-old University of Wisconsin student told cops, "I set everything up. I'm just so messed up. I'm sorry."

Ike, put your cursor on the line where the url is at the top of your screen, the background changes color. Then hit control c. Move your cursor to the place where you want to place the url, and hit "control v" to paste it. To include a portion of the text, highlight the section, do the control c thing, then pick your place to post and hit control v, hope that helps.

Thanks for the info!

Father of missing girl reacts to charges against Seiler
02:52 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 14, 2004
Staff and wire reports

The father of a missing Central Texas woman is reacting to news that police in Madison, Wisconsin are accusing a woman of faking her own disappearance.

Audrey Seiler was charged Wednesday with two misdemeanor counts of obstructing officers.

"I'm glad they did that. She broke the law and hurt a lot of people involved in real missing persons cases," says Robert Cooke of Georgetown. His daughter, Rachel, has been missing since January 2002.
. . .
Hundreds of people from Madison and Seiler's hometown participated in searches for her after her disappearance.

Robert Cooke knows all too well the toll that takes on those involved, and what it means to have the community behind your efforts.

"I feel like for all of us helping in missing persons cases, she made us take a big step backwards. She negated a lot of what we've been doing these last few years," adds Cooke.

Investigators said Seiler told them, "It just got so out of hand. I did not mean for it to."

Each charge against Seiler carries a jail sentence up to nine months and a maximum fine of $10,000.

Cooke has a specific form of community service in mind for Seiler. "She should have to do community service in a search center, so that she understands the gravity of the situation," he suggests.

Complete story on kvue.com

Ike said:
If you go to the smokinggun.com, they have the criminal complaint documents posted. I would provide the link, but this is my first post and I haven't quite figured things out yet.
Wow, your first post was a great one. Thanks for the info. That was quite the read.

I sure hope the brakes are put on this relationship with Ryan, for both of them. Audrey needs to gain confidence in herself and have time to reflect on her past reactions before she gets so emotionally involved again.

Newswolf said:
Ike welcome, I shall post the url for you

Thank you Newswolf, I tried the copy and paste thing but because it didn't have the underline before I submitted the post, I just figured I did something wrong. Thanks to you and Mindys for the welcome!

Do they know yet where Audrey was sleeping, bathing, sheltered? That complaint says she was clean, including clothes, except the pants by the ankles and her manicure stood out. No way she stayed outside for four straight days and didn't smell and look like she needed a shower.

If that be the case then she would be a VERY good liar and VERY good at being manipulative and VERY good at making others (family and friends) believe everything that came out of her mouth. She would enjoy the "drama" and being the victim. It is very hard to treat someone with a personality disorder because they are so good at lying that it is hard for even the therapist to know whether they're being honest. I'm making these conclusions, of course, based on the small amount of info we've received from the family and attorney....so I could be wrong.
Borderline? Yes is my guess.

Another situation where one of the "personality disordered" gets the rest of us jumping through hoops, and being overly concerned about "her." Drama, drama, drama, all the time....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back