WI WI - Bonnie Marie Repinski, 33, Menasha, August 12, 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bonnie was last seen in Oshkosh, WI on 08/12/1975. She was living with her sister in the Town of Menasha while she was going through a divorce. Town police said her husband called a few days before her disappearance because he wanted to take her out for her birthday and talk about the divorce. The couple went to several taverns in the Neenah and Oshkosh area before heading back to the residence where Bonnie was staying in the Town of Menasha, according to the town's police department. Her husband told police that while en route to the residence, an argument ensued and Bonnie got out of the car near the intersection of U.S. 41 and the former State 150 to walk home. She has not been seen since.

DNA testing opens new avenues for unsolved murders

Bonnie Repinski
Date: Aug. 15, 1975
Agency: Winnebago County Sheriff's Department
Suspected circumstance: Undetermined
Weapon: Unknown

Description: The Sheboygan woman was living with her sister in the Town of Menasha while she was going through a divorce. Town police said her husband called a few days before her disappearance because he wanted to take her out for her birthday and talk about the divorce. The couple went to several taverns in the Neenah and Oshkosh area before heading back the residence where Bonnie was staying in the Town of Menasha, according to Jason Weber, community liaison officer with the town's police department. Her husband told police that while en route to the residence, an argument ensued and Bonnie got out of the car near the intersection of U.S. 41 and the former State 150 to walk home. She has not been seen since.

Charley project: Bonnie Marie Repinski – The Charley Project

Bonnie Marie Repinski
  • repinski_bonnie.jpg
  • repinski_bonnie2.jpg
Repinski, circa 1975

• Missing Since08/12/1975
  • Missing FromMenasha, Wisconsin
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Age33 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Repinski was last seen in Menasha, Wisconsin on August 11, 1975. She had lived in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, but several months before her disappearance she separated from her husband and filed for divorce. She was living with her sister in Menasha while the divorce was pending.

On the day of her disappearance, she went out with her husband; he had said he wanted to take her out for her birthday and talk about their divorce. They went to several taverns in the Neenah and Oshkosh, Wisconsin areas.

Repinski's husband stated that while was driving her back to her sister's Menasha residence, they got in an argument and she asked to be let out of the car at U.S. 41 and State Route 150. He last saw her walking in the direction of home. She left behind three children and has never been heard from again.

Authorities believe Repinski was the victim of a homicide. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Winnebago County Sheriff's Office 920-727-2888
Source Information

Submitted a review request for possible UP to DOE network, actually kinda surprised it wasn't r/o prior??? OR maybe it was and they just haven't listed it. Guess we will see.
#UP12361 : The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No details to go on about UP, but just seems odd to me that a 33 yo female goes missing and then 10 years later a skull of a 30-50 yo female is found 20 miles from her last known location. Anyone else find this odd????

Spoke with the Winnebago Sheriff department detective last night, they are currently working on the comparison between her and the skull found 17 miles from her last known location. Will keep you posted.

The divorce from her husband (David R Repinski) was granted in 1976. The identification of her husband comes from a legal case in the Supreme Court of Wisconsin in 1970 where they were both named and won a case against their mortgage provider. Ancestry has the divorce record. Unfortunately I can find nothing more.

Laine R. Shields, formerly known as Lloyd R. Repinski, Jr. named himself as a suspect in the disappearance of Bonnie Marie Repinski following a search warrant at B Bar 10 in Amherst, WI. Laine R. Shields is the brother of David R Repinski, Bonnie's husband.

He is a suspect in the murders of 5 people, including
Togstad & Mumbrue and Bonnie Repinski. These cases were detailed in the following forums/threads on WS. Shields closed his business, B Bar 10, a few years ago and I've heard nothing about him since.

Glendon Gouker
, a former employee of B Bar 10, which was owned by Laine R. Shields, named Laine R. Shields as an accomplice in the murders of Togstad & Mumbrue. Togstad had bounced a check at B Bar 10 and it's possible that is why Shields had Gouker drive him to her farm house. Gouker is in prison for life in his home state of Oklahoma for murder and rape. He was also convicted of rape in Iola, Wisconsin.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/search/79800998/?q=repinski&o=date&c[node]=37

Addition: A human pelvic bone and vertebrae were found in May 1998 near a Highway 10 wayside at Amherst, WI., which is near where Laine Shields had lived. I wonder if they ever did a DNA test on it or whether Bonnie's case was updated with a DNA profile.

Last edited:
Submitted a review request for possible UP to DOE network, actually kinda surprised it wasn't r/o prior??? OR maybe it was and they just haven't listed it. Guess we will see.
#UP12361 : The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No details to go on about UP, but just seems odd to me that a 33 yo female goes missing and then 10 years later a skull of a 30-50 yo female is found 20 miles from her last known location. Anyone else find this odd????
any update to this??

Attachments

• bonniemarriage.jpg
    bonniemarriage.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 18
  • bluetoo3.jpg
    bluetoo3.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
any update to this??

There are two other unsolved murders in Wisconsin with missing heads. Julia Baez and Rhys Marie Pocan. Baez was from Milwaukee and so was Pocan at one time.

02 Sep 1989 Rhys Marie Pocan, age 36 (NA), Saturday, September 2, 1989, Found dead/nude/missing head, hands & lower pelvic area Town of Lyndon, Sheboygan County, WI.

Pocan's headless, handless body was found Sept. 2, 1989, in a grassy field in the Sheboygan County Town of Lyndon, Wisconsin. She was a former resident of Black River Falls, Wisconsin and Milwaukee, WI.

Family Search shows a 1989 address of 1554 S. 24th St # 2, Milwaukee, WI for Pocan.

US Search shows an address of 1510 W. Scott St., Milwaukee for Baez, who would be age 61, if alive today. DOB 22 May 1954.

Family Search also shows a 1989 address of 2012 W Mitchell St, Milwaukee, WI for Baez. All are within blocks of each other.

A map shows them living about 10 blocks from each other on the southside of Milwaukee. Also, the 1554 S. 24th St # 2, Milwaukee, WI address for Pocan is only four blocks from 2012 W Mitchell St, Milwaukee, WI, where Baez had lived.

Both were missing their heads, both had ties to Black River Falls and both lived within four blocks of each other on the southside of Milwaukee. A little bit coincidental, it seems.

Google Maps

Wisconsin Today

DNA technology helps ID 1990 homicide victim in Jackson County as Milwaukee woman
any update to this??

Last edited:
David repinski is still alive. Maybe he’d admit things now. If it was him.

David repinski is still alive. Maybe he’d admit things now. If it was him.

True, he runs a bar in Sheboygan, Dave's Who's Inn in Sheboygan. His brother, whose western goods store was raided twice by the police in regards to his involvement in the murders of five people, including Bonnie Repinski, named himself as a suspect in Bonnie's death. Two other victims were named as Timothy Mumbrue and Tanna Togstad.

WI - WI - Timothy Mumbrue, 35, & Tanna Togstad, 23, Weyauwega, 21 March 1992

The brother, Laine B. Shields, now lives in Ruidoso, NM. Glendon Gouker, another suspect in the Togstad Mumbrue murders, stated that Laine B. Shields had accompanied him (Gouker drove) to Togstads rural home where Gouker stated he remained in the car while Shield's and another unidentified man went into her home and Stabbed Togstad, Mumbrue and their dog to death. A Shields family member stated that Togstad had bounced a check at his B Bar 10 western goods store in Amherst, WI and may have been the motive. Gouker is in prison for life for murder and rape in Oklahoma. His sister/wife, who helped him in the meth-induced murder/rape in Oklahoma was released a few years back.

I doubt David Repinski will confess to anything. Same as his brother.

True, he runs a bar in Sheboygan, Dave's Who's Inn in Sheboygan. His brother, whose western goods store was raided twice by the police in regards to his involvement in the murders of five people, including Bonnie Repinski, named himself as a suspect in Bonnie's death. Two other victims were named as Timothy Mumbrue and Tanna Togstad.

WI - WI - Timothy Mumbrue, 35, & Tanna Togstad, 23, Weyauwega, 21 March 1992

The brother, Laine B. Shields, now lives in Ruidoso, NM. Glendon Gouker, another suspect in the Togstad Mumbrue murders, stated that Laine B. Shields had accompanied him (Gouker drove) to Togstads rural home where Gouker stated he remained in the car while Shield's and another unidentified man went into her home and Stabbed Togstad, Mumbrue and their dog to death. A Shields family member stated that Togstad had bounced a check at his B Bar 10 western goods store in Amherst, WI and may have been the motive. Gouker is in prison for life for murder and rape in Oklahoma. His sister/wife, who helped him in the meth-induced murder/rape in Oklahoma was released a few years back.

I doubt David Repinski will confess to anything. Same as his brother.

holy cow - I didn't know anything about this. This explains something. In the newspaper going back there were attacks between the Repinski brothers over a "family fued" where they attached each other. One used a mace wrapped in chains.

holy cow - I didn't know anything about this. This explains something. In the newspaper going back there were attacks between the Repinski brothers over a "family fued" where they attached each other. One used a mace wrapped in chains.

That feud, along with other crimes, was documented in the newspapers over the years. I attached the newspaper articles to show the connections. Too many coincidences.

Mr. Nitro was David J. Dethardt. He, along with Francine Flowerette, were murdered in Stevens Point. They were strippers who appeared at the Paradise Club. The Paradise Club, which was frequented by Laine, was just up the road from where David Repinski said his wife, Bonnie, disappeared. I think the bar was owned by a member of Bonnie's family, John Stranan. If you look at the other newspaper articles related to the Dethardt/Flowerette murders, you'll see that Laine Shields, aka Lloyd Repinski, was involved in that case, too.

The Paradise Club is the same bar that Iola (WI) Police Chief Michael Schertz said he sold a gun to a biker that he had stolen from the evidence locker. He had been accused of shooting Gerald Mork, the son of Waupaca County Sheriff William Mork in the back of the head in the local cemetery.

https://apnews.com/article/6d4d9be6f1a0f75bbc453f66ae5c0f74

Attachments

• repinskibeating.jpg
    repinskibeating.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 36
  • lysm5001LY17186885.png
    lysm5001LY17186885.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 31
  • harrington.jpg
    harrington.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 30
  • paradise club.jpg
    paradise club.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 32
  • bonniemarriage.jpg
    bonniemarriage.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 34
  • boelter.png
    boelter.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 31
  • stranenbar.jpg
    stranenbar.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 27
@Quoththeraven do you think it’d be worthwhile to send all these with your commentary to LE? You have such a narrative grasp on it I wonder if it would light some fires.

@Quoththeraven do you think it’d be worthwhile to send all these with your commentary to LE? You have such a narrative grasp on it I wonder if it would light some fires.

I think the Winnebago County Sheriff's Office monitors Websleuth pages from time to time. And I think they're aware of most of this info. The Menasha PD was also involved with the search warrants at B Bar 10 along with the Portage County Sheriff's Dept and Waupaca Sheriff Dept.

What they need to do, IMO, is release more information on these cold cases. That would jar some memories, I would think and generate renewed interest. I think the Post Crescent has done a good job of reporting on these cold cases.

I think the Winnebago County Sheriff's Office monitors Websleuth pages from time to time. And I think they're aware of most of this info. The Menasha PD was also involved with the search warrants at B Bar 10 along with the Portage County Sheriff's Dept and Waupaca Sheriff Dept.

What they need to do, IMO, is release more information on these cold cases. That would jar some memories, I would think and generate renewed interest. I think the Post Crescent has done a good job of reporting on these cold cases.

Amen on releasing more info. I contacted namus and asked for a last name, they asked law enforcement. Who okayed giving it to me. Maybe we should ask pointedly for specific things, but in this case, I can’t imagine what.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back