WI - Darrell Brooks - 3 Milwaukee County Cases On Several Milwaukee Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nov 17, 2022
SBM

Darrell Brooks will be in the Milwaukee County Courthouse Thursday for a final pre-trial hearing on several Milwaukee charges. [snip]

One of the open cases - 2020 incident, - two 2nd-degree recklessly endangering safety charges and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon charge.

The second case - November 2021 incident - charged with resisting or obstructing an officer, felony bail jumping, 2nd-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct, and battery.

[snip]...third incident - Dec. 6, 2021 -charges: intimidate a victim and threaten force, intimidate a witness, and felony bail jumping.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

The mod staff at Websleuths.com work non-stop to keep Websleuths open 24/7 and to make sure
Websleuths is a safe place for you to post.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using this link Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

DB was strapped into a wheelchair and rolled into court by a bailiff. o_O
The trial set for 12 Dec 2022 has been postponed. A status date is set for Thursday, 2 Feb 2023 @ 1:30PM.

Hahahahahahahahaha Milwaukee is not playing around!! OMG! I literally laughed out loud when I saw him wheeled in!! Lmao. Am I the only one enjoying watching him strapped in like that after all the chaos he created in Waukesha? Quiet as a church mouse during this hearing! And not representing himself?

God I wish Dorrow had strapped him in like this during sentencing! I think the victims deserved that much yesterday!

Last edited:
I tried to listen to the entire video presented above, from Cathy Russon. This Milwaukee Judge said where DB would be held now, after his sentencing yesterday. I could not hear. Anyone?

Sorry but to continue charging him feels like a waste of time at this point. Humanity may be extinct sooner than his sentence will expire. Why bother with the expense of charging him. Just drop it unless there are damages that need to be recovered.

Dodge. Someone in the other thread said that’s where Chris Watts is housed.

There is a Dodgeville, Wisconsin.

My Google-Fu seems to be working today:

Dodge Correction Institution, Waupan, Wisconsin

The web page indicates this is the reception & diagnostic center for male inmates. Inmates are assessed here and assigned to other correctional centers later.

Not near Dodgeville, btw. Northwest of Milwaukee, about 1 1/2 hour drive per Google Maps.

In some states, Reception & Diagnostic also has Protective Custody, iirc.

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Dodge. Someone in the other thread said that’s where Chris Watts is housed.
Sorry — that was me. Dodge is where inmates are sent after sentencing for evaluation and assessments to determine where they are going to be housed long term.
There is a Dodgeville, Wisconsin.

My Google-Fu seems to be working today:

Dodge Correction Institution, Waupan, Wisconsin

The web page indicates this is the reception & diagnostic center for male inmates. Inmates are assessed here and assigned to other correctional centers later.

Not near Dodgeville, btw. Northwest of Milwaukee, about 1 1/2 hour drive per Google Maps.

In some states, Reception & Diagnostic also has Protective Custody, iirc.

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, DCI is in Waupan — closer to Fond du Lac.

‘The primary purpose of Dodge Correctional Institution (DCI) is to serve as the central reception center for all adult male inmates sentenced to prison. DCI promotes safe communities and institution safety through humane custodial treatment and supervision of inmates. DCI staff work collaboratively with staff from the Bureau of Offender Classification and Movement to complete a comprehensive assessment and evaluation of each inmate, determining program needs, custody level and institution placement. In addition to this classification process, inmates transitioning through DCI participate in an orientation to the WI DOC and begin adjusting to and learning how to navigate a correctional environment, since many inmates are just beginning to acknowledge the impact of their sentence. Inmates are supported as they transition into their incarceration and the challenges they may encounter, so that they can move forward into case planning and reintegration efforts.’

It is also the central medical center and I personally know a lot of people that are there indefinitely, as is Mr Watts. IMO, it’s a more protected environment and I predict Brooks will also stay there.

DCI

Edited — I personally know a lot of people who serve their entire sentence there, not a lot of people with life sentences.

sure hope they don't send him over to Minnesota!!! He is not going to do well in prison...not sure he will make it to Feb. for the next hearing. Next is he will fire those two public defenders.

With all the media personnel on the DB case, not one has reported why he was strapped to a wheel chair for the hearing! Some randos have speculated on Twitter that he was acting out prior and had to be subdued and caused the hearing to be delayed as a result. But it sure would be nice to get confirmation from the media. Instead of making 101 clips of the “most memorable” moments in the DB trial….

Hahahahahahahahaha Milwaukee is not playing around!! OMG! I literally laughed out loud when I saw him wheeled in!! Lmao. Am I the only one enjoying watching him strapped in like that after all the chaos he created in Waukesha? Quiet as a church mouse during this hearing! And not representing himself?

God I wish Dorrow had strapped him in like this during sentencing! I think the victims deserved that much yesterday!

Wish they would add a hockey mask to his face....

With all the media personnel on the DB case, not one has reported why he was strapped to a wheel chair for the hearing! Some randos have speculated on Twitter that he was acting out prior and had to be subdued and caused the hearing to be delayed as a result. But it sure would be nice to get confirmation from the media. Instead of making 101 clips of the “most memorable” moments in the DB trial….

There's a YT channel showing the man-baby being wheeled into court in the "stroller" while "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" tune plays in the background :p It's so appropriate. His mask probably doubles a bib, too.

I agree regarding confirmation of the "why he was strapped in"... reporters should have confirmed and relayed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back