GUILTY WI - Darrell Brooks Rams Car Into Holiday Parade Crowd - 6 dead/61 Injured - Waukesha # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was so tough being in the courtroom and watching the compilation video the prosecution spliced together for closing arguments. Lots of footage I've never seen nor imagined was played and I don't think there was a dry eye in the courtroom. Even the prosecutors and bailiffs were emotional. <modsnip - identifying minor child> I, myself, could not help but get teary-eyed as video footage of DB driving his car into a crowd of kids was shown. How he did not kill more people or anymore of those children in that group was miraculous. Thank god there weren't more victims. <modsnip - not an approved source>, you should have seen what was played in court. There was so much more footage from this unspeakable act. Those children and adults who had to watch their friends and family—or even people they didn't know get squashed by his SUV—they are victims too. Like DB's last witness said, she may not have been physically injured, but she probably has PTSD, along with hundreds of other attendees who should be considered this monster's victims as well. Oh, and how creepy it was when DB put his hand on his chin and smiled at the judge, almost flirting with her, mentioning a shower (gross) and I was waiting for his head to spin like in Regan from The Exorcist. Just creepy. He should have been charged with attempted murder for running his girlfriend over but instead he gets released on bond only to drive through a parade. DOC provides risk assessments and the prosecutor didn't even read it before releasing him into the community. DB's risk of recidivism was as high as it gets.

GUILTY verdict tomorrow.
Yes! I have thought of the exorcist concerning his behavior many times. Esp yesterday him smiling (& acting like he was endearing )to the judge regarding getting his shower…such a flip switch!
His trembling chin when he stands and looks at the jury exit. This fact that you & others could hear him rage demonic-like from the other room. Insane.
Thank you for the -being there- view.
You take care.
I second your prediction. Guilty!

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was an error to not call all 61 injured parties.

I do not see how the jurors can determine guilt on the injured but not killed without testimony from the survivors. Further, without such testimony any such guilty verdicts could be overturned on appeal. It won't matter of course as the murder charges will stand, but I see this as a possibility.

I do not see how the jurors can determine guilt on the injured but not killed without testimony from the survivors. Further, without such testimony any such guilty verdicts could be overturned on appeal. It won't matter of course as the murder charges will stand, but I see this as a possibility.
They will get to speak at sentencing or penalty phase.

Gardenista - I changed the number to 61.

Who was called to testify as to the injuries? At first blush, it sounds an awful lot like hearsay.

I would have called them all as well as the doctors, surgeons and medical examiner to put a triple nut lock on damages.

I wasn't impressed with what I saw of the dark haired DA anyway, but every lawyer gets to choose their own trial strategy.

Logistically, if that were to be done, a jury would have to be sequestered as it were for the length of the trial...and this would have taken months. Add DB crossing each witness? And the delays? Another few months. Almost an impossible feat. A jury would crumble apart if they had to sit through that length of a trial. MOO

The Problem - impact statements are not evidence. For me, the record is incomplete without their testimony.

Shotgun - no, they would not have to be sequestered for the duration of the trial. I would not have left that evidence on the table. Expediency is not the goal.

He’s just requested to look into a mistrial over the Reddit post…. it favored him!! The post clearly was leaning towards DB.

To add: the post itself said it was a scam and was removed from Reddit. I love Reddit but it’s full of trolls and was posted on r/justice4darrell.

Last edited:
Gardenista - I changed the number to 61.

Who was called to testify as to the injuries? At first blush, it sounds an awful lot like hearsay.

I would have called them all as well as the doctors, surgeons and medical examiner to put a triple nut lock on damages.

I wasn't impressed with what I saw of the dark haired DA anyway, but every lawyer gets to choose their own trial strategy.

Someone from every injured party's group was called, as examples, the woman with the long dark hair for the dance group and the priest for the Catholic group. They each testified as to the injuries, not to mention the videos showed all of them being run over.

i find it hard to believe a hold out but sure could happen. I think it is more solidifying intention as they were the clips attorney Opper referred to in closing.
Those clips have to be absolutely devastating to watch. I can’t imagine having to watch multiple videos of people being hit by cars and knowing the were killed, maimed, and damaged forever.

One of the women he hit in the Dancing Grannies was thrown up on the hood and then he ran over her too.

One detail that really got my heart was when they showed the hat on the hood of the car and later showed thee picture of the woman in the Dancing Grannies wearing the same hat. Black with white snowflakes. He hit her so hard her hat flew off.

It was so tough being in the courtroom and watching the compilation video the prosecution spliced together for closing arguments. Lots of footage I've never seen nor imagined was played and I don't think there was a dry eye in the courtroom. Even the prosecutors and bailiffs were emotional. <modsnip - identifying minor child> I, myself, could not help but get teary-eyed as video footage of DB driving his car into a crowd of kids was shown. How he did not kill more people or anymore of those children in that group was miraculous. Thank god there weren't more victims. <modsnip - not an approved source> you should have seen what was played in court. There was so much more footage from this unspeakable act. Those children and adults who had to watch their friends and family—or even people they didn't know get squashed by his SUV—they are victims too. Like DB's last witness said, she may not have been physically injured, but she probably has PTSD, along with hundreds of other attendees who should be considered this monster's victims as well. Oh, and how creepy it was when DB put his hand on his chin and smiled at the judge, almost flirting with her, mentioning a shower (gross) and I was waiting for his head to spin like in Regan from The Exorcist. Just creepy. He should have been charged with attempted murder for running his girlfriend over but instead he gets released on bond only to drive through a parade. DOC provides risk assessments and the prosecutor didn't even read it before releasing him into the community. DB's risk of recidivism was as high as it gets.

GUILTY verdict tomorrow.
thanks so much...must have been extraordinary to be in there. Are you in position to go for verdict?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member