AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Call me crazy but I don't think the guy sending texts about turning a 3 year old "into a man" via torture is going to take the fall for anyone else, son or not. MOO.
I searched for Hmong family values, and found this article.
It states that sons are valued because the expectation is that they will take care of their parents when older. So I do think Vang would value his own son, much much more than a boy he has no relation to.
MOO

Editing to add: I just read the formal statement/charges. It is oddly lacking in information about the teenage son. It doesn’t state anything about him other than that Vang walked him to the bus. Ponder that: Vang walked him to the bus - he’s a teenager. He tells us details such as that Elijah’s cereal was frosted on one side only, but makes absolutely no mention of the teenager other than to say he walked him out. Isn’t that weird? I feel like that’s weird. It’s a whole human in the house that nothing is said about. They go into detail about her second child being left in a vehicle during the cold, but no mention of the teenager who lived there.

Last edited:
I searched for Hmong family values, and found this article.
It states that sons are valued because the expectation is that they will take care of their parents when older. So I do think Vang would value his own son, much much more than a boy he has no relation to.
MOO

Editing to add: I just read the formal statement/charges. It is oddly lacking in information about the teenage son. It doesn’t state anything about him other than that Vang walked him to the bus. Ponder that: Vang walked him to the bus - he’s a teenager. He tells us details such as that Elijah’s cereal was frosted on one side only, but makes absolutely no mention of the teenager other than to say he walked him out. Isn’t that weird? I feel like that’s weird. It’s a whole human in the house that nothing is said about. They go into detail about her second child being left in a vehicle during the cold, but no mention of the teenager who lived there.
I'm almost certain it's been reported the teen has special needs.

ETA: it's mentioned here in the criminal complaint that the son has autism.

MAY 28, 2024
The mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue has another court date Tuesday.

... Katrina Baur, 31, faces a felony charge of chronic neglect of a child and several misdemeanors.

Baur’s case has a status conference in Manitowoc County Circuit Court. Her defense and prosecutor will meet with the judge at 4 in the afternoon to get updates on the criminal case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean
Back