WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 4, 2023

James Yoblonski had taken his father's cellphone, and a ping led sheriff's deputies to search an area around Devil's Lake State Park, in the same general area. They found a makeshift campsite they believe the boy used. His devices showed searches earlier this year about how to travel out of state.

If officials feel James has traveled out of state, I wonder if they've shared his data with officials in other states to be on the lookout for (BOLO) James Yoblonski. Why are those places of interest for James? Was he 12 yo when he began planning to live off the grid as I can't find his birthdate? I could not find a MP flyer.

Is it peculiar that James' travel searches haven't been released? What would be the most beneficial reason to hold back on potentially pertinent information such as direction of travel? Searchers went S after finding his campsite. Why South? Does LE think James left Devil's Lake to the S?

Screenshot 2023-10-25 4.54.23 PM.png

This is a long shot but if anyone wants to look into it, the link below is about Laurie Depies, a relative of the Yoblonskis, by marriage. She also went missing, 31 years ago at age 20.

I'm guessing it's just a bit of a strange coincidence and that there's no link between the two cases but you never know.

Have they still not released any more photos of James? His hair will most likely look different by now and it would be helpful for people to have more than one picture to go by
It seems like that's the only picture out there. It's a bit strange. Usually in kid cases, you get several, some posed, some more casual. Here, we only have a studio photo that looks airbrushed.

MOO

It seems like that's the only picture out there. It's a bit strange. Usually in kid cases, you get several, some posed, some more casual. Here, we only have a studio photo that looks airbrushed.

MOO
I was shocked to see that when my kid started kindergarten last year, there is an option to pay extra for airbrush touch ups for their school photo. I guess if your kid has pimples or a big cut they can clear that up, but I was just sad we’ve come to this for school pictures.

So I presume this is a touched up school picture… but don’t any of his friends have pictures of him? What about social media? I thought he was on Snapchat or something but then again I think those messages disappear.

I’m intrigued about his mother… anyone know anything about her? Is she alive? Out of the picture?

Not much of an update but here's a new interview with James Yoblonski's father. Also a little something about James' mother, which I don't think has been mentioned before:

"...He also said investigators did speak with James' mother. But said she wasn’t involved in his life for a significant period of time, and she didn't have any relevant information."

Not much of an update but here's a new interview with James Yoblonski's father. Also a little something about James' mother, which I don't think has been mentioned before:

"...He also said investigators did speak with James' mother. But said she wasn’t involved in his life for a significant period of time, and she didn't have any relevant information."

The details of what James said in the Snapchat video is new to me. His father thinks he was "forced" to say them.

... a video posted on Snapchat shortly after James went missing June 12... shows the dashboard of the family's van, with James' voice saying: "For everyone who cares about me, it's not their fault. It's no one's fault. It's my fault."
[...]
The voice on the video continues: "I feel like I want to explain it. I don’t know how. I'm scared, and I’m sad, and I have no emotions anymore. I'm like, I’m not processing anything. My brain is – something happened to it."
[...]
"I'm sorry, people," the voice says. "I can't make it. I'm sorry."

Bill Yoblonski said his son wasn’t suicidal. He said he thinks his son is being held against his will somewhere out of state.

www.wisn.com/article/wisconsin-missing-boy-james-yoblonski/45704095

The details of what James said in the Snapchat video is new to me. His father thinks he was "forced" to say them.

... a video posted on Snapchat shortly after James went missing June 12... shows the dashboard of the family's van, with James' voice saying: "For everyone who cares about me, it's not their fault. It's no one's fault. It's my fault."
[...]
The voice on the video continues: "I feel like I want to explain it. I don’t know how. I'm scared, and I’m sad, and I have no emotions anymore. I'm like, I’m not processing anything. My brain is – something happened to it."
[...]
"I'm sorry, people," the voice says. "I can't make it. I'm sorry."

Bill Yoblonski said his son wasn’t suicidal. He said he thinks his son is being held against his will somewhere out of state.

www.wisn.com/article/wisconsin-missing-boy-james-yoblonski/45704095
Well, I know my impressions aren't the same as those of someone who knows James intimately... but that sounds suicidal to me. And I say that as someone who has struggled with my mental health since I was much younger than James, and as someone who is currently struggling with a downswing. He sounds chronically depressed and all the words he's using are very similar to the ones I use when things are bad.

I hate to take a standpoint opposite to a parent who cares, but sometimes, loved ones don't know when someone is suicidal or depressed. That's why, so often, you get a family resisting a verdict of suicide if they feel it came out of nowhere. In my opinion, that video is a suicide note, not a script read under duress.

I think he took the gun, but I don't know if he would have used it. I think maybe, he just went out to nature and passively waited for the end to come, only moving on when it seemed like searchers might find him and intervene. I hate to feel that certain that a thirteen year old chose to die, but that's where I'm at with this case right now.

All of this is very much my opinion only. If anything I wrote above raised feelings of distress, please call a hotline in your area and talk about it.

as someone who has struggled with my mental health since I was much younger than James, and as someone who is currently struggling with a downswing. He sounds chronically depressed

I agree, iamshadow21.
His words in the video sound just like depression to me. ETA: And serious depression. It's very concerning that he went to a rural environment. And I mean this with empathy only: if he was expressing his feelings, we need to believe him.

You have my support, iam. I enjoy your posts a lot, and I hope you feel cared-about by many here.

Winter is coming. Everyone please take extra-good care of yourselves.

I agree, iamshadow21.
His words in the video sound just like depression to me. ETA: And serious depression. It's very concerning that he went to a rural environment. And I mean this with empathy only: if he was expressing his feelings, we need to believe him.

You have my support, iam. I enjoy your posts a lot, and I hope you feel cared-about by many here.

Winter is coming. Everyone please take extra-good care of yourselves.
I know it probably is different actually hearing the video, but the words really ring true for me, too. I believe his brain got in such a bad way he felt disconnected from his life and his emotions. That's a perilous place to be. It's very frightening, and very lonely. And sometimes, it does feel like it's all your fault.

I do, thank you. And don't worry, I am safe. I talk about my mental health as being like a garden that has weather. It's just a little glum and drizzly, not a hurricane. It is being managed and it will pass. And being here and talking to all of you does help. It makes me feel like I'm doing something to possibly help somebody else, and that's easier than helping myself sometimes.

Unfortunately, summer is coming where I'm at. Ugh. I do not cope well with the heat.

MOO

I don't think law enforcement thinks he's earthside anymore. I hope that's not the case, but given the statements he made in the video....if that is what has happened I hope the family gets closure, though I hope some hunter doesn't just come upon something either. I think the chances are better of finding him if he is out in the woods now that much of the vegetation has died back.

BARABOO, Wis. (WMTV) - Baraboo teen James Yoblonski has been missing for almost five months, with no new information, and the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office asks hunters to be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

According to Sheriff Chip Meister, there are no updates on the investigation at this time, but law enforcement is still looking into tips submitted to their office.

Gun deer hunting season runs from November 18 to 26 in Wisconsin.

“We currently do not have any new updates,” Sauk County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Steven Schram said. “But with the increase in hunters using the woods over the next month we urge anyone spending time in that area who finds anything remotely suspicious or out of place to contact the sheriffs office immediately.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back