WI - Jason Pero, 14, shot & killed by police, Ashland County, 8 Nov 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it's obvious you didn't read the linked article. As a white person, I'm having difficulty how anyone except for a certain type would interpret her words as "nasty". Defensiveness to her words speaks volumes. In other words, if her words don't apply to you personally, why ever would you take offense???Anyway, but for the community outreach and recognition BLM is achieving, we wouldn't even had heard much of anything about Jason Pero, but hopefully, times they are a'changin". Hopefully his murder will continue to provoke outrage and response. TBH, I'm not that hopeful. LE needs reform and as long as they resist it, it's not going to happen.

I did read it. In fact the Leoweekly article you're contesting is written by none other than Chenelle Helms.

There are at least a half dozen nasty words in her article. I'm fine with being that certain type that thinks those are nasty words. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that some don't.

What does an 8th grade Native American boy look like? His nickname was "BabyJay", btw.

It's interesting to me that the same things are said about victims of police brutality and murder when they are young people of color.

A native american boy of course. Lot’s of nicknames stick into adulthood.
I have seen other cases where a picture is shown and it ends up being a few years prior.

I did read it. In fact the Leoweekly article you're contesting is written by none other than Chenelle Helms.

There are at least a half dozen nasty words in her article. I'm fine with being that certain type that thinks those are nasty words. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that some don't.

Nope. I'm talking about the article that I linked, not the LEO article. In any case I'm astonished that "a least a half dozen nasty words" has the effect that someone is unable to think about a piece critically and consider the issues being raised rather than not being able to get past some random words that may offend someone's delicate sensibilities. By all means, let's focus on individual words rather than the ideas being presented! Oy. Anyway, you proved my point. So, thanks?

I have seen other cases where a picture is shown and it ends up being a few years prior.

He was nowhere near adulthood. He was a child, and it's really not a good look to question the timing of when a recently killed child's photographs were taken.

Nope. I'm talking about the article that I linked, not the LEO article. In any case I'm astonished that "a least a half dozen nasty words" has the effect that someone is unable to think about a piece critically and consider the issues being raised rather than not being able to get past some random words that may offend someone's delicate sensibilities. By all means, let's focus on individual words rather than the ideas being presented! Oy. Anyway, you proved my point. So, thanks?

The ideas being presented are ridiculous. She obviously does not know the expense and hard work that goes into building an apartment complex. If she did, she wouldn’t “suggest” that developers spend millions of dollars to build apartment complexes just to let people live for free. Taxes, maintenance, utilities, etc all cost money. Not to mention the actual expense of constructing a complex.

I should downsize my house and “give it up” to someone for free? When I busted my butt so I can have this house? My husband doesn’t work 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, just to give our house away for free bc we can afford to downsize. What does “afford to downsize” even mean? The whole point of downsizing in most cases is to save money.

These are just the two that are most absurd to me. I won’t get into her promoting violence or her comments about white womens specialties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way that boy looked like a man. The whole thing enrages me. We are to believe a kid cannot have a knife? Seriously?

I am using a butcher knife to cut pineapple right now. A 14 year old boy could not use a butcher knife?

I put the laws in WI re knives. Where does it say a boy cannot have a knife?

I wonder how many people even know a Native person. Grrrrrrrrr

He was nowhere near adulthood. He was a child, and it's really not a good look to question the timing of when a recently killed child's photographs were taken.

Teen or adolescent is how i would describe him.

Do you think it's possible he was older than 14, and someone is lying about his age? Because I don't. Regardless of when the pictures were taken I believe he was 14 when the fully grown and well armed adult, Brock Mrdjenovich, shot and killed him.

There is no way that boy looked like a man. The whole thing enrages me. We are to believe a kid cannot have a knife? Seriously?

I am using a butcher knife to cut pineapple right now. A 14 year old boy could not use a butcher knife?

I put the laws in WI re knives. Where does it say a boy cannot have a knife?

A boy can have a knife, but if a police officer gets scared then a boy can not have a knife. And if a scared police officer decides his life is worth more than the life of 14-year-old boy's he is allowed to kill the boy.

A boy can have a knife, but if a police officer gets scared then a boy can not have a knife. And if a scared police officer decides his life is worth more than the life of 14-year-old boy's he is allowed to kill the boy.

I wonder if the outcome would have been different if the responding officer had responded with a partner? Maybe cooler, less frightened, reactionary heads would have prevailed? Although it didn't do anything for Tamir Rice, so I suppose it's wishful thinking. This officer surely isn't fit for duty. I hope is career in LE is over.

I wonder if the outcome would have been different if the responding officer had responded with a partner? Maybe cooler, less frightened, reactionary heads would have prevailed? Although it didn't do anything for Tamir Rice, so I suppose it's wishful thinking. This officer surely isn't fit for duty. I hope is career in LE is over.

RBBM - I hope to see charges filed for manslaughter or murder.

We had a suicide-by-cop last night/early this morning in my city, but before the officers used a real gun, they used a bean-bag gun - I respect that and those are the correct steps to take. It will also hold up in court.

I hope Officer Brock Mrdjenovich faces charges and finds a different career path. He was a cop for 1 year.

I hope Officer Brock Mrdjenovich faces charges and finds a different career path. He was a cop for 1 year.

Totally agree. Sounds like the cop who shot Justine Damond in Minneapolis, he was only a cop for a year as well. It's enough already IMO.

My family lived on the Cherokee in NC reservation a few years ago, and my son went to the Cherokee middle school. There were quite a few big boys there including my son, but no way did they look like adults. And Jason didn't either. Jason was shot at his home, there were witnesses and one person i read who was out there questioning this disgrace, but which i can't link to here. I cried when i read how Jason was treated as he lay on the ground dying and that was enough for me.

What signs? He was much loved by his family & community whom had nothing but wonderful things to say about him.

I agree. I've only read good things about him.

One of the articles linked said there was evidence that he had been despondent the last few days. I just wish a teacher, friend or anyone had reached out to him.

One of the articles linked said there was evidence that he had been despondent the last few days. I just wish a teacher, friend or anyone had reached out to him.

From what i read Jason was home sick with a flu. The despondent talk came from the LE i think. They searched Jason's room. Tell me what teenager doesn't suffer with some depression or feelings of deeper emotions, because it goes with the territory of being a teen in a lot of cases when hormones in the body are re adjusting to get a child ready for adulthood. My son went through a stage of being emo, but he got through it just fine. By saying Jason was despondent, what exactly was meant by that i wonder, because it wasn't elaborated on? Also i did read elsewhere Jason's mom was blind from glaucoma when Jason was just a toddler, and he used to help guide his mom. Her heart must be broken beyond imagining.

You mean like with Robin Williams? People noticing signs?

I only met about eight my whole life.

Some I have known for years and they eat at my house when visiting my state. I also know a guy who is very likely a member of the Wannah-be tribe. I don't know if he should count as "native" or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back