Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

Does anyone recall that very early on in the case, LE went to Almena? I could swear they had done so, looking into something or someone.

I'll try and find that link.

I remember this, there was story about it:
Missing Jayme Closs Was Home When Abductor Shot Her Parents Dead, Source Claims
"The bureau executed a search at the Almena Trailer Court, while local, state and federal authorities are obtaining and executing search warrants actively."

As far as I know this was related to their checking up on every registered sex offender in the area though, not a specific tip-related search.

Edit: RSO lives 8 Kallenbach Drive
Registered sex offenders in Almena, Wisconsin - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

Sick $%#@&*!!!@ :mad:

Jayme Closs 'hid in the bathtub with her mother' as man is charged with kidnapping and murder | Daily Mail Online
Jayme Closs cowered in the bathroom with her mother as Jake Patterson shot her father in the head then watched in horror as he did the same to her mother minutes after kicking in the flimsy door.

Dressed in black from head to toe including a face mask, hat and gloves Patterson grabbed the terrified teenager, taped her hands and ankles together, covered her mouth with tape and dragged her out of her home to his waiting car.

According to Jayme her abductor then bundled into the trunk and drove her approximately two hours to the cabin where he would hold her for the next three months.

The horrifying details of the Closs murders and Jayme's abduction have emerged for the first time in the criminal complaint filed today ahead of Patterson's first court appearance in Barron County Circuit Court.

According to Jayme's account Patterson took her into the cabin, removed the tape from her mouth, hands and ankles and told her to go into the bathroom and remove all her clothes.

When friends of relatives visited Patterson 'made it clear that nobody was to know she was there or bad things would happen to her.'

He made her hide under his bed in once corner of his bedroom and stacked totes and laundry bins around the bed with weights stacked against them so she could not move them without his being able to detect if she did.

On one occasion, according to the documents seen by DailyMail.com Jayme stated Patterson got made and 'hit her really hard on the back with the handle of something he used to clean blinds.' She could not remember what had angered him.

Her escape came when he left the cabin and she managed to push the weights away and flee.

Amazing strength to escape!

We know exactly what’s sealed MOO.
88 days of unspeakable abuse.

Thank God this has been sealed.

Jayme’s classmates and the whole world don’t have to know about unspeakable indignities and forms of abuse she likely suffered.

Not that she should be ashamed because she is a victim and this was not her fault.

I truly believe all such details should be between her, authorities, medical workers and whomever sheeeeeee chooses to ever tell.

BBM agree!

No words -- and to think it was just a random, chance encounter that drew her to his attention -- just getting onto the school bus.

Law enforcement was smart to just put this whole thing out there. There would otherwise have been months and months of discussion and speculation and all of the details would eventually have emerged anyway.

@MassGuy

Kidnapping suspect discharged early from US Marines
A Wisconsin man suspected of abducting 13-year-old Jayme Closs washed out of the U.S. Marine Corps after little more than a month.

Jake Thomas Patterson wrote in his high school yearbook that he planned to join the Marines after graduation. But military records show he lasted for only about five weeks before being prematurely discharged in October 2015 at the rank of private.

Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock said by email that Patterson's early discharge indicated "the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards."
Why am I not surprised.

Worse than any of us imagined. Or tried not to imagine. I'm so happy she got away from this monster.

(It is as worse as I imagined. I imagined it as worse as possible. Just saying. After AH and Gina, Michelle and Amanda I knew it would be like this if she was alive. And this is what has been haunting me.)

Regarding what the neighbors heard. This is all MOO and speculation, but I am thinking they did hear two shots, but their timing was off, as many of us had speculated. The two shots would have been the two from outside the house--one killing James and one shooting into the door. The third shot to kill Denise was inside the house and possibly not heard by the neighbors. I bet it's what you all said--they saw a 3 on the clock instead of a 5.
I just can’t figure out how they heard shots, but not the sirens.

Hiding someone under a bed with weights and totes around bed aren't what would typically come to mind when restraining someone.. I am in no means trying to diminish any of what she has experienced because all of it should never have happened.. Not sure what I am actually trying to express

He is basically a lazy dude. There are 3 'jobs' that he took, where he quit within 2 days. It takes a lazy oaf to do that over and over. No 'follow through' at all. Good thing for Sweet Jayme that he didnt bother setting up some chains in the basement or a locked closet. He just lazily piled up some totes and pushed weights against it, like a girl fighting for her life couldn't eventually work her way free.

@MassGuy

Kidnapping suspect discharged early from US Marines
A Wisconsin man suspected of abducting 13-year-old Jayme Closs washed out of the U.S. Marine Corps after little more than a month.

Jake Thomas Patterson wrote in his high school yearbook that he planned to join the Marines after graduation. But military records show he lasted for only about five weeks before being prematurely discharged in October 2015 at the rank of private.

Marine spokeswoman Yvonne Carlock said by email that Patterson's early discharge indicated "the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards."
Wow! Haaa, I nailed that one.

I’m a bit surprised he even lasted five weeks.

What a loser. He ain’t no Marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member