Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Sony Trinitron, or Panasonic Tau CRT, which were sold primarily as televisions, but could also double as a monitor. Judging by its arrangement I'm thinking it may have been used as a TV, but it's tough to tell.
It's a sony x flat tv

Agreed. The whole "I passed a random maybe Ford Taurus, maybe maroon, while on my way to an undistinguishable 911 call in a county where horrific crimes don't happen" probably only came up long afterwards. I suppose they could have released the information, but how helpful would that have been?

It was a detailed description. I mean they released other vehicle descriptions. It's odd that they didn't release this one as well. Why those and not this one?

Perhaps someone might've said, "I have a friend who has a car like that. He's kind of odd. Been acting strange lately. Always has music on in another room when we're over. Maybe I should call the police."

Hiding someone under a bed with weights and totes around bed aren't what would typically come to mind when restraining someone.. I am in no means trying to diminish any of what she has experienced because all of it should never have happened.. Not sure what I am actually trying to express

I wonder, if not using restraints, JP felt he was slowly grooming Jayme to trust him.
MOO.

I'm not sure where in the house the bathroom is, but the complaint says he walked through all of the rooms of the house before figuring out Jayme and her mother were in the bathroom.

My apologies I miss read. The following is per the probable cause warrant:
"The defendant stated there were no lights on in the house, so he shined his flashlight around the house and noticed that the door straight ahead of him was shut. The defendant stated he approached the door and it was closed. The defendant stated he quickly walked through other rooms in the house scanning to see if anyone was in any of the other rooms. The defendant stated he did not see anyone and so he then re-approached the closed door that he had initially seen."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

Pursuant to our due process rights per the US Constitution, there is a process that must occur in order for someone to be held over for trial when charged with a crime. Part of that process is that the state must establish that there exists evidence to show that it is reasonable to charge the defendant and it is probable that the crimes charged were actually committed.

To satisfy that requirement the state issues a written statement as to the evidence which establishes probable cause.

Thank you

Paul Blume on Twitter

Complaint says defendant Jake Patterson confessed to killing James & Denise Closs as well as the kidnapping. Prosecutors alleged he worked out of town. Stopped behind school bus and saw #JaymeCloss. Told authorities he just knew Jayme was the girl "he was going to take.'
Wow. Just wow. Who knew it would be as simple as that. Simply witnessing a girl waiting for a bus. A child. Guess some of you did speculate that was a possibility. Very saddened those speculations are now fact. Life is stranger than fiction- but so is mere chance. The chance he saw her on that day. The odds. The combination of timing. Jayme, hopefully will learn nothing but mere chance and the raging and sociopathic nature of the person that saw her on a fluke caused this. Never mind. Chance didn’t cause this. Jake Patterson did. piece of *advertiser censored*. So unfair. So cruel.

I don't. But it seems that unlike CO for those who followed the Watts family case, it's much easier to seal a record in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Legislature: 801.21

Typically at this stage facts remain sealed to protect an ongoing investigation.
Thanks for the reply. I've seen records sealed for that purpose just not before at least one hearing. Trying to keep the objectivity /no emotional involvement alive in retirement but may have slipped today lol. Thanks again!

I just got home and just read the latest news. Unbelievable. Again, he is a disgusting piece of human being. I only hope that he pleads guilty to all charges like Christopher Watts in Colorado did. No death penalty in Wisconsin so he will only get life. HE gets LIFE and poor James and Denise are DEAD. I am sitting here just shaking my head. I am beyond angry. Put him away NOW. Better yet, put him in general population of the jail. We can see how he does there. I guess the news conference is coming up soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova