Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE drove right past him! :eek:

Lou Raguse on Twitter
Complaint: Patterson told officers he started to drive toward Barron but 20 seconds later yielded to three passing squad cars heading toward the house with lights and sirens #JaymeCloss

What about the dash cams? Geez!

I bet he followed the crime and thought he was fantastic.

The neighbors were not deserving of been castigated on here, either

It was a detailed description. I mean they released other vehicle descriptions. It's odd that they didn't release this one as well. Why those and not this one?

Perhaps someone might've said, "I have a friend who has a car like that. He's kind of odd. Been acting strange lately. Always has music on in another room when we're over. Maybe I should call the police."

His dad, if over weekly, might have been the one to say that. His neighbors might have noticed his car. I can't believe they didn't release that description. My god.

Documents reveal horrific new details in Jayme Closs kidnapping
Patterson went to the Closs home in an attempt to abduct the teen twice before successfully doing so, according to charging documents. Those first two kidnapping attempts were unsuccessful as too many people were around.

On Patterson's third attempt, investigators say he blew the door to the Closs home open with a shotgun. Jayme told investigators she had been asleep in her room when her dog started barking and she and her mother, Denise, saw a masked man dressed in black and armed with a gun approaching the door. Jayme and her mom hid in the bath tub, while the teen's father, James, went to see who was at the door, according to the criminal complaint. They heard a gunshot and knew James had been killed.

Investigators said early on in the search for Jayme that they had received a 911 call from an unknown person at around 1 a.m. That call was placed by Denise Closs, according to the complaint, before Patterson broke down the door, ordered Denise to drop her cell phone and put tape over her daughter's mouth. Patterson then shot her in front of her daughter, according to charging documents.
He saw her at her school bus, on his way to work at a cheese factory & decided to take her. Speechless.

Wow. Just wow. Who knew it would be as simple as that. Simply witnessing a girl waiting for a bus. A child. Guess some of you did speculate that was a possibility. Very saddened those speculations are now fact. Life is stranger than fiction- but so is mere chance. The chance he saw her on that day. The odds. The combination of timing. Jayme, hopefully will learn nothing but mere chance and the raging and sociopathic nature of the person that saw her on a fluke caused this. Never mind. Chance didn’t cause this. Jake Patterson did. ******* piece of ****. So unfair. So cruel.
There’s a lot of scary things here, but the fact that things like this almost never happens, is comforting.

She had no say in him targeting her.

Jayme’s dad went to the door, and asked for identification. No one expects someone to start shooting through the door.

There is nothing this family could have done under the circumstances, that would have stopped him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I've seen records sealed for that purpose just not before at least one hearing. Trying to keep the objectivity /no emotional involvement alive in retirement but may have slipped today lol. Thanks again!

I think they should remain sealed. All that we are reading is bad enough.. poor child.. Given he has pretty much confessed, hopefully he will plead

Interesting that he thought that getting away with it for two weeks meant he was in the clear. Such a lazy, stupid assumption from someone who put a lot of effort into actually committing the crime. Almost like the real pleasure for him was in the planning, and that he never even thought past the moment when he succeeded in abducting her.

I wonder if he had any sort of thoughts on how it would play out in the long term. Did he think that he'd be able to keep her under the bed indefinitely? Until she was old enough to plausibly be his "girlfriend?" Thank goodness the chinks in his armor were a the failure to plan for the long term.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these perps want to get caught. Or to release their captives.

Jaycee Dugard's captor brought her to Berkeley University and then, IIRC, brought her back in for an interview with campus police.

Abby Hernandez's captor just released her by her house.

Then there's Cleveland guy and his 10+ years of three women confined.

There’s a lot of scary things here, but the fact that things like this almost never happen, is comforting.

She had no say in him targeting her.

Jayme’s dad went to the door, and asked for identification. No one expects someone to start shooting through the door.

There is nothing this family could have done under the circumstances, that would have stopped him.
It's beyond horrible to me.

I opened up the tab under history and it shows the word plea to the far right of each charge. Does that mean he is going to plea???? (though what I copied ended up pasting differently below)

The Defendant was charged with the following offense:
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.01(1)(a)
Description
1st-Degree Intentional Homicide
Severity
Felony A
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
940.31(1)(a)
Description
Kidnapping/Carry w/o Consent
Severity
Felony C
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
Count
Statute cite
943.10(2)(a)
Description
Burglary-Armed w/ Dangerous Weapon
Severity
Felony E
Offense date
10-15-2018
Plea
The place for plea is just part of a template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova