Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the dash cams? Geez!

I bet he followed the crime and thought he was fantastic.

The neighbors were not deserving of been castigated on here, either
He said he yielded....maybe he pulled off the road completely when he heard the sirens in the distance? Poor Jayme, in the truck, hearing the sirens! AUGH.....heartbreakingly scary!

She survived. She survived. She survived.

sometimes i hate the rush with media, etc. i have heard getting "on" the bus and i have heard getting "off" the bus. after working "two" days again in a town over an hour from Gordon...

Judge has to log on to computer must to be start video link...

Still silence.. think this would all be set up in advance (I come from corporate world not law one!)

His system isn’t working deep sigh. Asking for jail to call in

He went to their home with a shotgun. That means he intended to murder the parents. So from the get-go it was a murder plus abuduction. Kill the parents and maybe the police will stop looking. Or just kill the parents and traumatize the victim into compliance.

I agree. In his statement, he says he killed the parents so they couldn't identify him but in my opinion that is not true. I believe he did it to add to his thrill and to add to Jayme's terror. I say this because he could have more easily followed her school bus on another day and kidnapped her when she got off after the bus was out of sight. Poor Jayme. It just upsets me so much that she and her parents had to go through this to fulfill this sicko's despicable fantasy. She is such an amazing young lady.

I wonder what this pattern is of, at least, 2 jobs, each lasting l or 3 days each. What is that saying?
To me, it says he's lazy as lazy can get. I have a feeling that the cabin's main room's tidiness isn't because he lifted a finger to clean it. I have a hunch Jayme might have had that job. :(
Speculation only, not fact.

jmo

Patterson confirmed for investigators that he had never met Jayme nor had any contact via social media prior to kidnapping her, according to the complaint. Patterson only learned his victim's name when he returned to his house after the abduction, and learned her parents' names after they were reported on the news. from the news article above https://abc13.com/5076476/...IF I read that one more person says that it was her fault...grrrrr!! She was an innocent little girl!

There’s a lot of scary things here, but the fact that things like this almost never happen, is comforting.

She had no say in him targeting her.

Jayme’s dad went to the door, and asked for identification. No one expects someone to start shooting through the door.

There is nothing this family could have done under the circumstances, that would have stopped him.
That is such a sad part of this story. No matter what....nothing would have changed...saw her only for moment by sheer misfortune. Dad had no chance. Mom had no chance. Jayme had no chance. UGH!

Judge has to log on to computer must to be start video link...

Still silence.. think this would all be set up in advance (I come from corporate world not law one!)

His system isn’t working deep sigh. Asking for jail to call in
Not the day for tech probs!!! :eek:

Links for anyone just joining in (LIVE NOW):

Today's 3:30 court appearance:

Also: FOX 9 on Twitter

Press conference immediately following the 3:30 pm initial appearance:
Barron County Sheriff's Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online