Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another report about how the victim in this case is doing and of course in the context of many of the other cases on this board the conclusion in this case had an uplifting ending although of course it is still very sad:

Now living with her aunt and uncle, Closs recently told ABC News she is feeling “stronger” all the time.

“I really want to thank everyone for all the kindness and concern that people all over the country have shown me,” Closs said in an exclusive statement to ABC News. “I am very happy to be home and getting back to the activities that I enjoy. I love hanging out with all of my friends, and I feel stronger every day!”

1 Year After Abduction and Parents' Murders, Jayme Closs Says She's Feeling 'Stronger Every Day'

Jayme absolutely deserves the reward money IMO, she bravely rescued herself. I really can't imagine how this case would have turned out if she hadn't made a break for freedom when she did.

Now that the first anniversary has passed, maybe the media will allow her some privacy moving forward.

#JaymeStrong

Jayme absolutely deserves the reward money IMO, she bravely rescued herself. I really can't imagine how this case would have turned out if she hadn't made a break for freedom when she did.

Now that the first anniversary has passed, maybe the media will allow her some privacy moving forward.

#JaymeStrong

bbm
Right? It reminds me of a post I saw regarding Vanessa Bryant saying we don't need updates on her grief. It's not that we don't care, it's that she needs privacy and we as a society do not need to be "updated". I wish the same for Jamie. I'm beyond thrilled she's home and safe and now? I wish for her to resume life as a "normal" teenager.

JAN 9, 2021
'Jayme is doing good': Jayme Closs' family celebrates two years since she returned home (channel3000.com)
[...]

“We are very thankful for everything that happened on this day two years ago; for Jayme’s bravery and for Jeanne, Peter and Kristen for all being in the right place, at the right time and keeping Jayme safe,” Jennifer Naiberg Smith, Jayme’s Aunt and guardian wrote. “We’re still very thankful for the community, to the whole world for all caring and being there, and to law enforcement who worked tirelessly to seek justice.”

The post also shared an update on Closs, who is now 15-years-old.

“Jayme is doing good. We take life day by day,” Smith shared. “She is enjoying dance, school activities and many other things as much as is possible in regards to now dealing with the covid restrictions. She is surrounded by lots of loved ones.”

[...]

JAN 10, 2021
Family marks 2 years since Jayme Closs escaped after 88 days in captivity (cbs58.com)
Sunday, Jan. 10 marks two years since Jayme Closs escaped after 88 days in captivity and returned home.

Closs's family posted a message on Facebook in honor of the anniversary, recognizing her bravery and thanking the community for the support.

Her family also shared that Closs, who is now 15-years-old, is doing well and that she is surrounded by a lot of loved ones.

[...]

Thank you so much for sharing the update on Jayme. I have thought of her so often, and prayed for her. There has been no updates since right after the killer Jake's incarceration in my news media market. I also do not participate on social media. I've wondered about her but knew it was her family and her to talk when they wanted to. Lovely message. :)

Jayme's likely grown up a lot and is surrounded by the protective love of her family and close friends.

I never ever sent a message to Jayme, feeling she was way too young at the time for such things. Now, maybe it's OK just to say a few words of encouragement. :)

Jayme, just as with little kidnapped Elizabeth Smart, who grew up to love and help others like you, specifically, I, and many other people, lots of them on this site, " Websleuths", wish you the support and room to grow physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
So many people, including me, pray for your happiness!!

Embrace the person you are inside your mind and heart, and be true to the real you all the time.
No one " expects" you to act or be any certain way except to be lawful, of course, which is true for all good people. Just be Jayme.

All of us grow and change a LOT when we're in your current age group and until we're in our mid to late 20's ( college being a huge change and a happy one).
It's just fine to feel one way one day, and another way the next day, unless any of it hurts your heart. If it does, grab an adult you trust well, and they'll listen or do an activity with you which cheers you up, or both, whichever you prefer.

You have so much to look forward to, even though we tend not to understand this well when we're teens. We are learning so much, and have a few really close friends to do things with, so what happens every day with our friends and family is the important stuff.
If you keep a journal ( I wish I'd been encouraged to do so), try to record one happy thing you did, saw, learned, or felt that day. At some point in the future, like years from now, the things you wrote will be memories which will make you smile. Some of them will likely mean a whole lot years from now, like a snapshot of your day to day growing and changing thoughts, hopes, funny happenings, and acts of kindness. It's fine to add any feelings to your journal.

No one expects you to ' be like' any other person, just to be yourself. I'm a mom, and it's very important to me that young adults graduate from High School and go to a good college, and graduate with a degree and skills that you'll use in the career you choose.

Be thinking about where you'd like to go and what you'd like to do in college, because we do usually make these educational decisions when we are in High School. I went to a great college not far from my home, and it was fun. I learned how to be a Registered Nurse and have loved what I chose to do for many years now, and my child went into the IT field with s0me special skills learned working summers at NASA. My only child also enjoyed going to a different college than mine, but still pretty close to home.

I'm speaking to you about the future because I know you are brave, smart, and have a really good future in front of you.

One day, I hope you'll come to the Gulf Coast of the US to visit, and enjoy the warm sunny beaches we have here. ( Bring your sunscreen! :)). People are down to earth and friendly, and most prices are really low here.

I live in Texas, in a part where it's always either hot or warm, and the heat is very dry, which is easy to be active in compared to humid areas. I moved here in my 30's and learned to wear Western boots and do some Western dances ( mostly stomping around in those boots) when I was about your aunt's age. :) I love to mostly wear sort of cute colorful, funky Boho clothes which are very casually modest, and I believe you might as well.
People who are very good, kind people get to know us over time by our smiles, our hobbies and activities we might share with their interests, and through our shared faith in God.
Look to your close friends and family for your shared laughter and closeness, and look in your church and your heart for Jesus, for that's where your joys will come.

A friendly girl hug from a caring heart.

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022
Jayme Closs is now dancing again two years after abduction | Daily Mail Online
The family of abducted teenager Jayme Closs say she's taking life day-by-day and is finally 'dancing and enjoying school activities' two years after she managed to escape from the man who murdered her parents and held her hostage for 88 days.

Her family gave the update on her life on Monday to mark two years since the then-13-year-old made the daring escape from the cabin in northwest Wisconsin where she had been held by her abductor Jake Patterson.

37907750-9138239-Jayme_pictured_far_left_alongside_her_aunt_and_cousins_last_year-m-27_1610458889661.jpg

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022
The family of abducted teenager Jayme Closs say she's taking life day-by-day and is finally 'dancing and enjoying school activities' two years after she managed to escape from the man who murdered her parents and held her hostage for 88 days.

Her family gave the update on her life on Monday to mark two years since the then-13-year-old made the daring escape from the cabin in northwest Wisconsin where she had been held by her abductor Jake Patterson.

37907750-9138239-Jayme_pictured_far_left_alongside_her_aunt_and_cousins_last_year-m-27_1610458889661.jpg
So glad to hear this!
She looks happy and healthy in this pic!

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022

Beautiful girl. She looks like her mama!

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022

Awww, Jayme is my hero. A true SURVIVOR in every sense of the word, just luv her.

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022

Thank you for posting this update @PommyMommy I am so glad Jayme is doing well. It is great she is surrounded by her family and friends who love and care about her along with the community who also care about her. I’m pleased and relieved that the media appear to be leaving Jayme and her family alone and are only reporting updates that come from them directly. I feared that the tabloid media would be following and hounding them for exclusive interviews but thankfully that does not not appear to be the case.

Thank you for posting this update @PommyMommy I am so glad Jayme is doing well. It is great she is surrounded by her family and friends who love and care about her along with the community who also care about her. I’m pleased and relieved that the media appear to be leaving Jayme and her family alone and are only reporting updates that come from them directly. I feared that the tabloid media would be following and hounding them for exclusive interviews but thankfully that does not not appear to be the case.
So nice Gregjrichards!
I too am glad for the same reasons!
I see Jayme helping others in her future. She comes from good family and is strong. Amazing young woman!

Jayme's dancing again.
t4525.gif

JAN 12, 2022

That headline didn't read correct to me since it's now three years -- sure enough, the link is dated 1/12/2021, not 2022! :)

PUBLISHED: 08:09 EST, 12 January 2021 | UPDATED: 11:17 EST, 12 January 2021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back