Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That headline didn't read correct to me since it's now three years -- sure enough, the link is dated 1/12/2021, not 2022! :)

PUBLISHED: 08:09 EST, 12 January 2021 | UPDATED: 11:17 EST, 12 January 2021
Oh my gosh! Well, it's still a lovely photo of Jayme and I'm happy to know that she's back to dancing. :p Sorry, folks! MOO

I got to thinking about Jayme today. Thought I'd see what I could find for updates.

This article is dated (January, 2024) but still relevant. I didn't realize that monster tried to contact her from prison.

Hometown hero indeed.

Hard to believe it's been five years.

I've purposefully forgotten his name but I'll never forget hers.

May life treat her kindly.

JMO

Hard to believe it's been five years.

I've purposefully forgotten his name but I'll never forget hers.

May life treat her kindly.

JMO
RSBM

I don't even remember his name. I think about Jayme though. I had a friend in high school that had the same spelling as her name. I'll never forget (sorry to bring it up) people thinking she was involved herself and see what happened. I believe (and hope) that this case made people think and not make assumptions. I hope she's doing well.

I'll never forget (sorry to bring it up) people thinking she was involved herself and see what happened.
This was the first case that showed me the "ugly side" of online sleuthing. There were many on a particular Facebook group who were so attached to their pet theories that they refused to accept the truth and continued to victimize the poor girl.

I couldn't believe she not only was found alive but that she saved herself.

Such a senseless crime.

I am very thankful to Jayme because this behavior - "I like a girl, so let me kill her parents and abduct her", would have escalated into a pattern. Maybe JP didn't even realize it at that point, but I know it would've.
By keeping herself alive, escaping and having him caught, Jayme not only saved herself. She potentially saved so many other young women.

I know another person who, just by surviving, put a mass killer behind bars, and hopefully, forever.

My most respect goes to such people. And I wish Jayme a great life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honestyhastoprevail
Back