AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wake up every day hoping for news. This case has gotten under my skin. Maybe because my husband and I are also older parents of a single daughter....

It seems LE has done a good job at making regular press appearances and I'm glad we have the vehicles to look for now. Certainly wish it hadn't taken 7 days to put that out, but who knows what it took for them to get that info. REALLY hoping this brings the break they need.

I certainly realize the importance of LE holding information back from the public to preserve the investigation but I wish they'd offer a few more details that they surely have by now. It seems that some of these bits of information could really help someone connect the dots and ID the killer. For example:
  • A criminal profile. Based on the crime scene, they must have some idea about whether this was controlled or frenetic, random or targeted, etc. Are we looking for someone known to the family or is this likely to be a stranger? In cases where a child goes missing without a trace (like while walking to school), there is literally nothing for LE to analyze. In this case, it seems they would be able to piece together at least some basic ideas about the killer.
  • Results of audio enhancement. Was the word "help" really heard (I've read contradictory statements about that)? Was there gunfire heard? Male voice? Female voice? How many voices?
  • Prints and DNA: Were prints found? Other DNA? If yes, does that mean there was no match to known criminals in their registry (but at least there a sample that a potential suspect could be matched to)? If no, does that mean the killer wore gloves (which tells us more about the criminal profile)?
None of this is criticism of LE. I assume these are details they need to withhold. I just wish and hope they can let SOME of these details out so that the case doesn't fall out of public view. I fear that another 1 or 2 more press conferences stating "no leads" and asking the public to call in tips without any specifics... will fail to garner the attention the case needs. Maybe the drip, drip of info is intentional?

Edited to add, this is mostly me airing my frustration and impatience for a break in the case...

The number of searchers they have requested, is an absolutely staggering number. It may not be unprecedented, but it’s highly unusual, more so with a town of this size.

What’s amazing, is that I get the feeling that they will actually hit their mark here.

As for the funerals, I do think they’ll do something now, and perhaps another service when/if they recover Jayme.

We’re all hoping that’s not the case though.
I think they'll hit their mark too and people will come in from outside areas to help in the search.
When does it begin to snow there?

As I am new... can you please enlighten me and provide links to a "methhead" involvement?
I don't think there are any. But the circumstances around the crime, the aggressiveness of kicking in the door and shooting two people, abducting Jayme and vanishing before LE arrived, suggests anger, high adrenaline, or drug use. Some have brought up the Holly Bobo case and others which involved that particular drug. If you want you can go back and check the thread if you are interested but I really couldn't tell you exactly where, Sorry! But that's pretty much it anyway. A discussion about the possibility and pointing out comparative cases.

As I am new... can you please enlighten me and provide links to a "methhead" involvement?
I don't think there are any. But the circumstances around the crime, the kicking in of the door and shooting two people, abducting Jayme and vanishing before LE arrived, suggests anger, high adrenaline, or drug use. Some have brought up the Holly Bobo case and others which involved that particular drug
It's not commonplace when the shots come from an area where you never hear shots.
True, but they were used to hearing gunshots.

The thing about those cars is that they wouldn't be all of that common in a regional rural area (even the Ford Edge), so one would think that a simple DMV search has already been done and that those car types/colors and their owners have already been identified. It is also more probable than not that they have already narrowed that list down to specific suspects.

I feel like they could've released the information about those cars not to seek and find out identifying information, but rather to obtain corroborating information. I just get the vibe that this investigation is much further along than they are letting us in on.

JMO.
Agree 100%. This combined with the recently announced reward makes me think the investigators are putting pressure on someone to talk. All speculation and IMO of course.

I don't think there are any. But the circumstances around the crime, the aggressiveness of kicking in the door and shooting two people, abducting Jayme and vanishing before LE arrived, suggests anger, high adrenaline, or drug use. Some have brought up the Holly Bobo case and others which involved that particular drug. If you want you can go back and check the thread if you are interested but I really couldn't tell you exactly where, Sorry! But that's pretty much it anyway. A discussion about the possibility and pointing out comparative cases.
I hear you MsBetsy. Thank you

Regarding the meth talk and methheads I believe, if I read it correctly, the rules are we are not to mention gangs and groups such as druggies, at least this is my interpretation of what the mods posted in #1 of the thread. so if your post is history...

There has already been snow. None on the ground now but it's definitely in the season that it could happen again any time.

If anyone saw the start of the Wisconsin - Illinois game on t.v. on Saturday, it looked like a mini blizzard for a few minutes. The weather is making time short for this case, IMO.

True, but the likelihood of noticing just two casings in the chaotic midst of a double murder discovery with scattered victims, and then calling those two casings in as "multiple", is pretty small.

JMO.
That’s from the dispatch log, right? Right after they called it a possible suicide attempt? Don’t read too much into the initial logs, the first officers on the scene are kind of freaking out too and they don’t always get it 100% right.

<snipped for space>While I'm already posting, I'm going to work on some updates to my post on page 1 for a little bit, but anticipating to close the thread for the night within the next 30 mins.
I mentioned earlier that I would be closing up for the night, but another mod has graciously offered to help out for a while longer.

The thing about those cars is that they wouldn't be all of that common in a regional rural area (even the Ford Edge), so one would think that a simple DMV search has already been done and that those car types/colors and their owners have already been identified. It is also more probable than not that they have already narrowed that list down to specific suspects.

I feel like they could've released the information about those cars not to seek and find out identifying information, but rather to obtain corroborating information. I just get the vibe that this investigation is much further along than they are letting us in on.

JMO.

Wow, this is such a good point about the DMV search. Does make you wonder if the search came up empty and we're dealing without someone from outside the area OR whether they are trying to put pressure on someone already in their sights. In my own humble opinion, this case has the makings of a targeted crime and could therefore just as easily be an outsider trolling for victims as it could be a local offender. Nothing like this has happened before in the area and this crime was bold. It makes you wonder how this could be a first offense. In my mind, it seems more likely that it's a known offender from outside the area. But that's just wild speculation on my part.

My theory is the shots heard by the neighbor — two of them — were from outside or near the front door as the perpetrator or perpetrators were breaking in. These may have been more audible, being outside vs inside the house, and more shots fired later inside killed Denise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff