AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking my spot.

Hoping for good news !
This search gives renewed hope as it would seem they have good reason to be looking in this area.

If LE deems it acceptable -- it'd be nice if they could release a bit more info.
Just takes one person who remembers something ..... anything.

Two thousand volunteers join the search for Jayme Closs in Wisconsin | Daily Mail Online
Trucks crawled bumper to bumper as thousands gathered early Tuesday morning to start the foot search of a five-and-half-mile radius around the Closs family home that is expected to go on until dusk.

'Searchers are being organized into 13 groups of 150 volunteers accompanied by four or five DNR (Department of Natural Resources) and, or State Patrol staff as leaders,' DNR Warden Supervisor, Russell T Fell, one of hundreds of law enforcement officers assisting the Barron County Sheriff's Department said.

'Everyone has had to register and their driving licenses have been scanned partly just to ensure that everybody is accounted for but also as an investigative tool.'

Absolutely AMAZING to see the turnout here! I know we have no idea exactly what they hope to find or why they are there.... but I sure am glad so many people are willing to search anyway!

I doubt we will hear anything about whether anything important was found directly from LE. It will be the standard "we will need to review and see if anything is of any value" response.

Regardless, it is so good to see so many people willing to help. I hope they find something that leads to finding Jayme.

My cousin from near Spooner and some of her friends are out there, they've also helped with a few other searches around Wisconsin. They said the Tribal Center at the St. Croix Chippewa Reservation also had a sign up sheet for anyone who wanted to go and needed transportation. I just hope they find something helpful (and preferably optimistic) out there.

The level of humanity and altruism is beautiful and so very touching:

“There’s a little girl missing,” said volunteer Jenny Weber, of Menominee, Wisconsin. “If it was mine, I’d want the world looking for her.”

Hope remains:

"The sheriff believes she is still alive, and may be in danger. "

2,000 Volunteers Comb Fields, Forests In Search For Jayme Closs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads