AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute power is what an abductor has on a victim, and a respect of that is what he/she/they would need to be given by LE. If that "deference" is not shown to them, they could do something evil to command it.

JMO.

They didn't DISRESPECT anyone.
There is a huge difference, psychologically, in focusing on the VICTIM they know and love, vs. making a blanket appeal to a perp. or perps. they do not know.

If you are a " doc" of some sort, you know psychodynamics can be positively directed or negatively directed.
The statements today were positively directed to Jayme.

There was nothing of a submissive tone said to the perp,. only positive affirmations to Jayme.
This is very sound psychology. It is not the same as disparaging the perp. in some way. You surely can see the difference?

This is exactly how I took it as well. I think the goal was to hit whoever has her or knows something straight in the feels. The dog may have been there because they are thinking that it's odd the dog wasn't shot too that maybe whoever took Jayme was an animal lover. I know it might seem odd but I think the goal was to hit people in the feels and I got to say it def did me.

I got no feels from it, which why I questioned it, and I cry at the drop of a hat. But like someone else mentioned, it could just be her coping mechanism.

I don’t buy that for a second.

A 13 year old girl didn’t kick her door in, shoot her parents to death, and then vanish without a trace.

There is no indication that she had a boyfriend or someone she could be in cahoots with.

She’s a kid, not a diabolical criminal mastermind.

Not only does speculation like this have no basis in fact, but it defies logic.
Then why not plead to her captor......

Last edited:
Whoa. That was a plea directly to Jayme from her Aunt. Not an abductor. Almost like trying to appeal to her emotions and sensibilities. Weird.

JMO.

May I ask what is weird about that?

I don't find anything unusual at all.

I have seen other family members who have talked directly to their missing family member.

I think way too much is made out of what grieving families say in these most trying of circumstances.

Jmo

I don’t know why people keep calling her “little”. She is a teenager. She is past puberty, she is not eligible for youth sports anymore. I am very worried for her, and she is certainly in grave danger, but she is young. She isn’t little. MHO.

People don’t use that same kind of language with 13 year old males.

A 5 feet, 0 inch, 100 pound barely 13 year old girl is LITTLE, or SMALL. Take your choice.

May I ask what is weird about that?

I don't find anything unusual at all.

I have seen other family members who have talked directly to their missing family member.

I think way too much is made out of what grieving families say in these most trying of circumstances.

Jmo
Yes but there was zero pleading with her abductors.

This exactly. I have never thought she could be involved in any way until this press conference. I have never cared for the online/catfish theory too much, but now I am starting to question if maybe that is a possibility. Nobody is saying she isn't a victim, she very much is.

But at this point absolutely nothing makes sense anymore. I think all theories need to be on the table because obviously they are getting nowhere with what they currently have.

Sheriff already said she's not involved so that should be an end to speculation

In my view, it would be incredibly cruel to show a 13 year old abductee what would likely be two of the things she misses most.
If she’s alive, after seeing the carnage of her parents’ death she’s probably been worried sick about her dog. Seeing her pup alive, well and being cuddled would be a huge comfort IMO.

Showing her favorite drink though, not so much.

Correct in that a 13 YO could not have planned this nor have carried it out. Whomever she may have been linked with could have, however, ie an online interest. Unfortunately a juvenile can be easily manipulated by an adult. I don't think, though, that, if she knew the attackers, she would have known they were going to kill her parents. Thus the yelling during the 911 call. Parents were an impediment to her.

I think they are trying to lure Jayme out with the dog. I think they believe she is involved.

IMO they are humanizing Jayme to the perp. By having the dog at the presser is appealing to the heartstrings of anyone who has info. Showing them that this is a sweet little girl who is missing her dog. And a dog who is missing his little girl. And I believe they are giving Jayme comfort by showing her that her dog is ok. I think having the dog there was absolutely brilliant.

I'm a long time guest, but this is my first time posting as I've gotten completely caught up in this case.

I have a question for the more experienced sleuths in terms of the press conference. The detectives seem to be so careful not to use the words abducted or taken, and simply say missing. This leads me to believe that they don't think it is an abduction, but am I reading into their language? Is it common for them to say missing when it may be an abduction?

Yes, it is a common LE tactic. They don't reveal anymore info than they have to. If Jayme is alive and being held by someone LE does not want to inflame him at this point and risk her life. Previously they asked anyone who ever had any "misunderstandings" with the family to come forward. They want to make the perp feel comfortable enough to speak to LE. They want him to think that all this can be worked out if he just releases her or comes and talks to them. Using words like kidnapping or abduction carry serious legal connotations. LE probably also asked the family to keep their comments addressed directly to Jayme for this same reason. They are trying to give him an "out" to release her rather than kill her. LE may not know for sure if she is alive or not but they have to assume she is until they know differently and they will be careful about the message and the info they are putting out. MOO.

$25,000 reward offered for information on Jayme Closs, missing Wisconsin teen
During a press conference on Wednesday, Jayme's aunt, JS, addressed reporters and thanked the Barron County community for their love and support.

"Jayme, not a moment goes by where we are not thinking of you and praying for you," Smith said. "Your family and friends miss you so much."

Smith added that Jayme's dog, Molly, misses her as well and appealed to anyone with information to come forward.

"To whoever may know where Jayme is please contact the Barron County Sheriff's Department," Smith concluded.

Although the department has received more than 1,000 tips, FBI Special Agent in Charge Justin Tolomeo announced on Wednesday that a $25,000 reward was being offered for information that directly relates to her location.

In my view, it would be incredibly cruel to show a 13 year old abductee what would likely be two of the things she misses most.
They know
A 5 feet, 0 inch, 100 pound barely 13 year old girl is LITTLE, or SMALL. Take your choice.

When you were 1 yr old, it took you a whole year to get there. My point is not to infantalize her. No teen wants to be referred to as a “little girl”. If we are victim friendly, shouldn’t we be mindful of how we speak about her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member