AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to local farmer who lives near Closs family home. He & wife got random phone call the other night from out of area #. Caller asked to speak to "Jayme." They were concerned. Reported it to authorities. May not be anything. But shows folks on alert here #findjaymecloss

Paul Blume on Twitter
How does LE process these tips? Let's say Joe Blow from Arizona calls in and says he saw a girl resembling Jayme at Taco Bell in Tucson last Thursday. He says he saw photos of Jayme over the weekend and he thinks the girl he saw earlier resembled Jayme in the photos he saw on TV. There must be hundreds of these tips coming in. What does LE do with something like this...and how much time is it taking LE and the FBI to clear these?

Hi all,
I have been a little lax in following the jayme threads here since about thread 8. (It’s a full time job, which I already have one) ;)
Just curious, I watched the press conference with Jayme’s aunt talking yesterday, am I the only one who thought the aunt was attempting to coax a reluctant Jayme home? JMO

IMO I don’t think jayme did the deed but knows who did and is with that person, possibly willingly. -am I allowed to say that now?-
I didn’t get that impression necessarily, but more a relative making Jayme real and relatable to all the strangers they would like to keep an eye out for her. A concerned an engaged public will result in more tips, and perhaps that results in a recovery.
The aunt did a great job.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How does LE process these tips? Let's say Joe Blow from Arizona calls in and says he saw a girl resembling Jayme at Taco Bell in Tucson last Thursday. He says he saw photos of Jayme over the weekend and he thinks the girl he saw earlier resembled Jayme in the photos he saw on TV. There must be hundreds of these tips coming in. What does LE do with something like this...and how much time is it taking LE and the FBI to clear these?
They prioritize them based on what they feel is credible. With the FBI involved, and offices all over the country, they’d be able to check these out fairly quickly.

Also worth noting. Investigators remain active today in the fields & woods near the Closs family home. We spotted several on the move. And that farmer reported FBI eyeballing one of his cornfields this morning. #FindJayme

Paul Blume on Twitter
Thanks for this. I am mostly just reading these forums but I am also jumping around, reading other things which I only take with a grain of salt b/c who knows what info is really reliable out there. With that being said, I have a question for you other sleuthers. I know a lot of you have been on these boards for a long time and other then following the Stacy Peterson case on here, I really don't know what is normal.

My question is why are we not hearing more from local community, friends, family? There are a lot of missing person cases that would kill to have 1/10 of the media spotlight that this case does and yet, to me, it seems like I cannot find out anything. I am not trying to say anything bad at all about any of the victims families or friends I just think that someone would climb to the tallest mountain and let everybody know everything they can to help the case. Even if it was someone saying, "Hey I saw her 2 days before eating at mcdonalds and she seemed happy" it would be something. all i'm saying is I think its odd. Again, PLEASE don't take it as an attack on anyone.

We’ve had differing opinions on this.

My take was that they were trying to humanize Jayme in the eyes of her captor, and at the same time, trying to give Jayme hope.

I absolutely don’t believe that she is with this guy willingly.
Agreed. My thoughts on them possibly utilizing the dog in the most recent PC was going along with a possible assumption that this person or persons was/were possibly convinced or begged to allow the dog to live, possibly by Jayme during the 911 call before she was taken.
MOO, but it may also just be to give her hope or humanize the situation so someone close to the perp comes forward.

Thanks for this. I am mostly just reading these forums but I am also jumping around, reading other things which I only take with a grain of salt b/c who knows what info is really reliable out there. With that being said, I have a question for you other sleuthers. I know a lot of you have been on these boards for a long time and other then following the Stacy Peterson case on here, I really don't know what is normal.

My question is why are we not hearing more from local community, friends, family? There are a lot of missing person cases that would kill to have 1/10 of the media spotlight that this case does and yet, to me, it seems like I cannot find out anything. I am not trying to say anything bad at all about any of the victims families or friends I just think that someone would climb to the tallest mountain and let everybody know everything they can to help the case. Even if it was someone saying, "Hey I saw her 2 days before eating at mcdonalds and she seemed happy" it would be something. all i'm saying is I think its odd. Again, PLEASE don't take it as an attack on anyone.
It is odd. I think there is the possibility that people are too scared to talk. There is a guy out there who has already killed atleast two people, and kidnapped another.

I wouldn’t want my family members talking to the media in light of that, whether my fear was rational or not.

Fear of perp/perps
Fear of Jayme being killed if they make one tiny misstep. I’m sure the FBI has told them that if they say or breathe the wrong way....
MOO

I agree with @MassGuy and @RavenDoc that they are likely scared. Since it's a small town (and speaking as someone who has spent most of her life in a small town), they also might be a bit suspicious of the outside media and unwilling to talk. Or they may not want to upset the surviving family members--who they likely know well--by commenting, even if it is something as innocuous as mentioning seeing her a few days earlier and everything being fine.

I have wondered for a while now why Jayme is not listed as being abducted or kidnapped, just that she's missing. Is there any confirmation anywhere that Jayme was actually in the house that night? Is there any possibility that she might not have been there at all?

@Gardener1850 and @katydid23 quoted me in the previous thread about what the captor may do "for" Jayme and yes, I agree that captors often do get things for their captives. Things that will make them feel that they are doing a favor for them, something to make them look like the good guy, something that makes them have to rely on them. However, my post was referring to the captor returning to steal the dog to give to Jayme. I certainly don't think they would go to that length and risk being caught just to try to please Jayme. They will much more likely do that, as you both said, with food or other things that can be easily bought.

I see now. I agree. I don't think he would risk trying to steal Molly for Jayme. He could provide her with a similar dog, however, if she won't stop talking about her. Although, I don't know of any cases where that has occurred. Taking care of a dog as well as the child would be extra work. JMO.

We would typically hear from a child's parents, but obviously that can't happen in this case. I think Jayme's aunts are very carefully following what the FBI is asking them to do in terms of making public statements. No one wants to make a mistake that could bring further harm to Jayme.

It's also important to remember that Barron is a very small town. They probably don't feel the need to give strangers on the internet any more information than police have provided. I personally don't want Jayme's friends to speak out because I assume they are children and with a deranged killer/kidnapper on the loose, I certainly wouldn't allow my minor children to make public statements or public posts. My children's safety would be my first priority. I would, however, allow my children to talk to LE. I am going to assume that's what's happening here. I believe LE knows what they need to know from Jayme's friends and family.

I have wondered for a while now why Jayme is not listed as being abducted or kidnapped, just that she's missing. Is there any confirmation anywhere that Jayme was actually in the house that night? Is there any possibility that she might not have been there at all?
LE believes that she was in that house, why? We can only guess.

My guess is that something on that 911 call told them as much.

It could very well be for another reason though.

They didn’t call Mollie Tibbetts a kidnapping victim either. I’m not sure as to the logic, or their standard for doing so.

Is there any confirmation anywhere that Jayme was actually in the house that night? Is there any possibility that she might not have been there at all?

And even if she was in the house, we don't know if she knows what happened. It's entirely possible that she believes her parents are still alive, and maybe the perp(s) is/are using that to coerce her.

She's unaccounted for so I assume that she was in that house. But, it's my opinion that she hasn't been listed as abducted or kidnapped because there is no definite evidence. No one saw someone take her. The only evidence they have is that a murder occurred.

Also, some here have pointed out, very wisely, that LE may refrain from using such terminology as to not get at the perp.

LE believes that she was in that house, why? We can only guess.

My guess is that something on that 911 call told them as much.

It could very well be for another reason though.

They didn’t call Mollie Tibbetts a kidnapping victim either. I’m not sure as to the logic, or their standard for doing so.

Mollie was an adult though...free to come and go, if she liked.

IMHO.
I don't think Jaymie was involved with her parents murder. Maybe she was being groomed by someone who knows the family. She's too naive to know or understand how dangerous this person is. I don't think the family did either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member