AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See the confusing part for me is the cops getting there in 4 minutes. Basically they would of had to drag jayme out of the house and leave the car running all in 4 minutes. That is where things dont add up for me and makes me think the person was already there and maybe jayme was already in the running car
I like your scenario, however, they found the phone the 911 was call on.
-------------
Hmmm.....unless she dropped it outside, or out a car window.
Hmmm.....

That's a good thought. I believe LE said they believe Jayme was present when her parents were shot. We don't know when that was and we don't know who placed the 911 call, just that it was Denise's cell. Her parents could have been shot and the perp(s) put Jayme in the car immediately or at the same time.

This was in response to jkloc420.
It didn't attach quote for some reason.
I didn't know it was the Mom's cell phone. Wow

That sounds about as far fetched as the story about the farmer and the sheep in the Tibbetts case.

Sorry to disagree but the sheep farmer had 2-3 serious stalking charges and lived within a few miles. It was feasible and not far fetched. It somewhat surprised me the killer was Rivera.

I believe Jayme will be found, I Don’t think she’s going to be found alive.

I strongly Disagree. The problem with other theories is that it's hard to really discuss them based on the limited information provided to the public
Maybe it just seems like it’s been discussed more than anything else.

What is that black thing in the backyard? Trampoline?
MOO

Yes.

About 6 percent of Americans have a concealed license to carry.
Open carry is legal in Wisconsin. You don't need a concealed carry permit to open carry. Wisconsin has issued 300,000+ open carry permits, and also recognises concealed carry permits from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virgin Islands, Washington, Wyoming for visiting residents of those locations.

Seeking Jana.
When you write your book, with all your experiences, both personal and in your career, remember me.:):):).
You certainly have experienced a great deal of tragedy.
Your book would be most informative and helpful to others.
Of coarse, if you write!
Oh, Tmar, because this is a true crime forum, a couple of my life experiences have some relevance to what we discuss..
However, please know that I've had a marvelous, wonderful, very happy and blessed life for all my life.

I would feel so terrible if someone thought I was the " WS crier" or the " professional victim". I actually thought the earlier discussion about eye color ( green) and abduction was humorous. I guess I need to use more :) :).
I can tell ya, if a psychopath sets his sights on a person, they are like the proverbial " sitting duck". It was simply my turn to know what pain and fear was.
I talk about this in our member forum, the JR.
Still, I want to mention my happy and very full life here so no one thinks I'm feeling sorry for myself or believes that a stalker stalks because of eye color. :) :) :)

When were these called-off searches originally planned for?
She said in one of the press releases they said "at the time no more searches will be scheduled" until further notice. It was stated the previous searches bore no evidence...

I know the Jenny-O plant employs a lot of people. I wonder how long it would take to go through ex employee records from the past five years. I'm sure this is being done but I wonder if someone who used to work there could have developed an obsession with Denise (through no fault of her own) which grew stronger over time.

If a perp is in the midst of a brazen bold murder are they really going to be on a "scanner app?"

My initial thought was a portable scanner (which would be a handy item for a dealer or other criminal to have, in order to know where police were), but someone else mentioned scanner apps are common, so I'm not totally discounting the idea. If one person was acting as lookout, they might also have been monitoring a radio or app.

I’m confused about the timeline. Has it been determined that he would have just gotten off work? So he would have been awake when the intruder arrived? Just wondering because your reaction to someone arriving in the middle of the night would be different if you were fast asleep and suddenly awakened vs. if you were already up.

Sorry to disagree but the sheep farmer had 2-3 serious stalking charges and lived within a few miles. It was feasible and not far fetched. It somewhat surprised me the killer was Rivera.

I believe Jayme will be found, I Don’t think she’s going to be found alive.
I was talking about the "story" that was told about a farmer who had a so called relation with the sheep. That's what I meant by far fetched. I was comparing it to the likelyhood of " El Chapo" ordering kidnappings and murders from his jail cell. Its just not believable that there is a connection. Imo

Last edited:
Meth heads can be quite violent. I live in a community similar to the size of Barron. My 13-y0 daughter went to a street dance held in a small village about five miles from where we live. She was with a group and an older brother of her friend was driving the group home. They drove a short distance to a lake area with homes/cabins on gravel roads to drop one of the teens off and suddenly a meth head bashed in the rear window of the car with a golf club striking my daughter in the shoulder/upper back. The sheriff caught the guy and wanted daughter to testify. We refused because he would know our daughter's name and address. We feared retaliation.

I don't discount drugs as playing a role in this horrific crime. JMO

Im still catching up on the thread, but Meth addicts can be violent. Just recently there was a trial in Mobile, AL where a man violently murdered 5 people and it came out during the trial that he was a heavy meth user. Has anything been shared that would make any kind of drug use something to consider?

I also noticed the football comments, it's betting on sports a thing there?

I for one appreciate you not wanting to discuss it since there is no evidence this innocent 13 year old was taken for nefarious reasons. Hopefully she wasn't.

When a young girl is taken, and it is not by a parent due to custodial or other issues, it is usually for nefarious purposes. Whether we want to think about it or not, those are the facts

Since all we can do is revisit what we’ve visited 100 times, can we revisit the first search? It was along a 14-mile stretch of roadside between Barron and Turtle Lake. A local news reporter called it a 14-mile ‘crime scene’.

Misspoke or do we think something was found to make it a crime scene?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox10phoenix.com/home/sheriff-assembling-search-party-for-jayme-closs

Also I’m too lazy to look and check if the Daily Beast is allowed as a source - but I thought that was a better article than the one above.

ETA: Go Red Sox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member