AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapchat even shows your location

Oh wow. I didn’t even know about that. My kids are not allowed to use Snapchat. That’s scary.

She has been described as shy and sweet, maybe a girl that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention from boys in her class. This is the age where they are all talking about “who likes who” and many have “boyfriends”. She could have been flattered by the attention, of a “boy” suddenly texting her. All of that is very new an exciting at that age. Being a more innocent 13 year old could have made her an easier target. :(

I do think she would likely have told a best friend though.

Maybe he would take the “day” off from work so he could watch the Packers. Hard to watch the game while you are at work. Why do many assume it is to nurse a hangover?
Just sayin.

the quotes from the friend who made the statement said he needed the day to "recover" thats probably why. who knows if that quote is even accurate but thats what it said

Maybe he would take the “day” off from work so he could watch the Packers. Hard to watch the game while you are at work. Why do many assume it is to nurse a hangover?
Just sayin.
this info comes straight from a co-worker who brought up the hangover issue.

Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron

“Jim [Closs] is the type that he is so much into the Packers that he would take off [work] if the Packers would play on Monday night,” said Ruffin. He would take Tuesday off because he knows he would be too hungover to go to work.”

Last edited:
I think when the perp discovered the call to 911 had been made then they had to get out of there pretty quickly, that's why they maybe panicked they took Jayme without thinking. Also this could point to the perp being a local as maybe they knew the cops would be there within a matter of minutes.

I think the perps had a scanner (or a scanner app on their phone) and knew the police were on the way. For the same reason, I think they knew the earlier gunshots had raised no alarm.

I believe that the perps hit the wrong house. I think they thought they were hitting a drug dealer's house. If the perps expect their victims to be well armed, then a quick military style "shock and awe" assault makes sense. They kill the father (the person they consider the biggest threat) then tie up the mother (Jayme is hiding) and attempt to force her to tell them where the drugs/drug money is. She keeps telling them there are no drugs, but they don't believe her, and probably hit her, etc. Jayme hears all this, and decides she has to do something - grabs mom's phone and calls 911. She is discovered or thinks she's about to be, and makes a run for it.
Its plausible. Its simple and makes sense. My gut says 1) local who is hunter and/or ex military - motive unknown. 2) Excon - motive unknown 3) Professionals, cartel perhaps. 4) something I don't think we can discuss. In the case of #2 and #3 she is most likely dead. In the case of #1 depends on motive.

I also see no difference in who was killed first, or kicked in door, etc. The result is the same. 2 murdered, 1 abducted.

The interval from the 911 call to LE arrival is crucial. That is the timeframe that matters most. 4 mins to 10 mins. Either way, not much time for a person with a 13 year old to vanish.

Coroner can estimate times of death.
Was it a long time before 911 call or about the same time?

If the scene were staged, I would expect a time gap. I don't think it was staged, but its possible. A staged scene could open up other theories.

It's a funny thing but Genetics only recognizes 3 eye colors: Brown, Blue, and Green. " Hazel" must be decided as either blue, green or brown, usually by looking at the outer ring around the iris. :) ( or DNA sequencing if it's that important to someone).

I have green eyes AND I was also abducted. I never in a million years would have thought there was an possibly correlation but today's chatter about " rare green eyes" has kinda freaked me out.
Yes, I know about hazel not being recognized. I was told to put green for my drivers license, even though my outer rim is gray. Weird. Sorry about your experience and glad you are safe now. Hoping Jayme's will have the same outcome!

I think the perps had a scanner (or a scanner app on their phone) and knew the police were on the way. For the same reason, I think they knew the earlier gunshots had raised no alarm.

if they had their phone with them I would hope LE would be able to get a list of numbers pinging from that area during the time frame in question.

I really don't know but if what this person states is true than needing to take a day off to recover would sound more like a morning shift, if it was an evening shift one would have all day to recover before needing to be at work. JMO
Right, and you would have to take Monday off to even actually watch the game.

I'm certain there are. Lots of 'different' types of people in central & northern Wisconsin. It seems a haven for people cut from different moulds.
Lots of people from Chicago, including mob, dirty ex cops, plenty of other molds...

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed >
I have been reading this site for several months and finally joined today. The super job the mods do to keep this discussion fair and open was the reason. And, they continue their stellar job. Way to go guys !!!!!!

Welcome Rosie.:):)
Yes, we all behave.
When problems are bad, the Thread closes, and everyone loses.

Oh wow. I didn’t even know about that. My kids are not allowed to use Snapchat. That’s scary.

She has been described as shy and sweet, maybe a girl that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention from boys in her class. This is the age where they are all talking about “who likes who” and many have “boyfriends”. She could have been flattered by the attention, of a “boy” suddenly texting her. All of that is very new an exciting at that age. Being a more innocent 13 year old could have made her an easier target. :(

My daughter has Snapchat but it only shows location if you set it that way and only to her group of friends in the same private account, and only if they have IPhones. So I don't think it is public, for anyone to see. At least I hope not. Jmo

You can turn off location in Snapchat.

I think the discussion may stem from this article posted yesterday.

Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron
“Jim [Closs] is the type that he is so much into the Packers that he would take off [work] if the Packers would play on Monday night,” said MR. He would take Tuesday off because he knows he would be too hungover to go to work.”

It sounds like pre arranged vacation days to me. Gotta use your vacation time for something.

It's indicated in an article from yesterday. Not that he had a drinking problem, just that he would take the day off after a game so he didn't come to work hungover. Like a million other people, I imagine. Jmo
Yikes! It happened again! Post was changed before I sent the reply! Sorry. Second time that happened today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill