AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If (and it's a very big if) the neighbors were correct that the shots came 20 minutes before the 911 call, I think it completely changes the dynamic of this case. If we assume the father was killed first and immediately, I don't see a random perp sticking around that long. This scenario seems somewhat more reasonable if it's someone known to the family, someone they think could possibly be talked down. JMO of course

It’s shocking that the door was left unlocked, but this seems like some sort of an oversight.

I don’t think anyone believes that Jayme left on her own, least of all law enforcement.
The house was released by LE to the family. If they had to board up the front door until repairing it, maybe they were using the sliding doors for access.

It isn't LE's job to protect the valuables in the home. It is only their job to protect the integrity of the investigation. And, to my knowledge the investigation of the home is over. So why still have cameras there? Also - is it even legal for LE to still have cameras there after returning the home to the family? Did they only tell the media they returned it to the family so that someone may see that and try to return?

JMO.
As long as they inform the family of the cameras, I would think it is perfectly legal.

Doubtful LE would go through the trouble of installing investigative equipment for those kinds of things.

JMO.
It's hard to know if its standard procedure in these cases, since one in which the parents are murdered and the child abducted is so rare. Does anybody know if this is normally done in a situation like this? It does make sense that they would want a camera at the crime scene to cover all bases, but I wonder if this is what they always do. If it was just a murder I doubt they would be monitoring the house, it must be because a child is missing. Jmo

I wonder how KJ-A maneuvered his way from the laundromat to the Closs home? At that time of night/early am it surely would be difficult to find the home unless you knew the area, or had possibly been there before.

Also, someone walking on foot that late would be a little hinky. Maybe he knew a shortcut, if not, he is lucky he wasn't shot.

I see that the Laundromat is open 24 hours so maybe it's possible he hung out there when he was "homeless."

Regardless, he is a creeper!

It isn't LE's job to protect the valuables in the home. It is only their job to protect the integrity of the investigation. And, to my knowledge the investigation of the home is over. So why still have cameras there? Also - is it even legal for LE to still have cameras there after returning the home to the family? Did they only tell the media they returned it to the family so that someone may see that and try to return?

JMO.
Install cameras, yet oversight of leaving back door unlocked. Hmm. Just very weird.

I agree, but who are they trying to catch on camera by leaving them there? It isn't to protect the home. That's the family's job now that LE has released it to them.
AND leaving the door unlocked! LE had some reason to suspect the perp would come back there, IMO. Maybe something personal was left behind, and LE thought the perp would realize it, and try to retrieve it? I don't know, but I can't see why the door was left unlocked and motion detector cameras installed otherwise.

He's been officially cleared. LE doesn't clear people willy-nilly.
For perspective, consider that you and I haven't even been "officially cleared". ;)
They know he wasn't involved in the Closs family case.
Maybe they have prints to compare, along with a solid alibi.
IDK, but I think it's safe to move on from KJA.
Gary Ridgeway Green River Killer. was cleared,passed two polygraphs.

Install cameras, yet oversight of leaving back door unlocked. Hmm. Just very weird.

Ha. That would pretty much be proof that protection of property isn't/wasn't the goal of the cameras.

EDIT - It would also suggest that the cameras were installed AFTER LE cleared the crime scene, because they're not going to leave a door unlocked to an active crime scene. Hmm.

JMO.

If (and it's a very big if) the neighbors were correct that the shots came 20 minutes before the 911 call, I think it completely changes the dynamic of this case. If we assume the father was killed first and immediately, I don't see a random perp sticking around that long. This scenario seems somewhat more reasonable if it's someone known to the family, someone they think could possibly be talked down. JMO of course

Like I have said several times before..lol.

I don't rule any possibility out. This may be a random crime committed by a total stranger. It certainly has happened before.

Duncan took his time in the home when he methodically murdered three people and then left with the two young children he kidnapped.

So nothing is off the table of possibilities for me at least.

Imo

I agree, but who are they trying to catch on camera by leaving them there? It isn't to protect the home. That's the family's job now that LE has released it to them.
You’re right, it is strange. I was thinking, with the doors unlocked, and the cameras set up, if Jayme escaped and found her way home, they would know immediately and be able to help her faster. That’s a long shot too, but it’s all I can come up with.

The Barron county sheriff updated their fb post. It now no longer makes mention of the underwear of Jyme’s stolen. That’s odd. Too much immediate media focus?
It was never mentioned in the Sheriff's statement on the Sheriff's Facebook page. That information came from the criminal complaint that the media obtained and published in full (WQOW TV) or in stories written based on the criminal complaint contents.

The entire content of the Sheriff's page post is provided by @SecretGarden in a post linked below which was made less than 5 minutes after the Sheriff's post was published on FB. Looks unchanged to me compared to what is on the Sheriff's page now.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Have we heard any mention of wills?
What on earth do they do in a case like this?
Their only child we don't know for sure is alive. If there is a house payment, car payments bills, who takes care of that?

Probably whoever would take care of it if Jayme was not missing. She is a minor and would not be managing her parents estate at age 13. If they had Wills there would probably be an executor named and if any money left to Jayme it could be in a Trust account with an appointed guardian of Jayme who would take care of all that. JMO.

It's hard to know if its standard procedure in these cases, since one in which the parents are murdered and the child abducted is so rare. Does anybody know if this is normally done in a situation like this? It does make sense that they would want a camera at the crime scene to cover all bases, but I wonder if this is what they always do. If it was just a murder I doubt they would be monitoring the house, it must be because a child is missing. Jmo
Only if law enforcement was hoping that someone involved in the crime would return to the house. This is not something law enforcement does normally.

I truly understand your logic but in other cases with the same set of circumstances they also had the FBI on the ground immediately collecting evidence at the crime scene to be sent to their lab.

Yet it still took many weeks or months for the results to be returned.

I truly wish they would be fast tracked but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The FBI is always involved when any minor child has been kidnapped.

Jmo
How dare you refute my statement with facts!

Yeah, you obviously make a relevant point there. I wasn’t aware that there were similar circumstances where evidence wasn’t fast tracked, even with FBI involvement.

I just hope that this case doesn’t have the same issue. Of course, that’s assuming they actually have DNA or something.

I absolutely understand the vibes going negative, but I also think to myself, this might be some drifter guy, someone who lives out his car, goes to unmonitored state parks and overnights as long as he can. - Maybe someone in about 2-days' travel time will spot him (I'm thinking maybe he had enough gas money for two days of travel) as winter closes in? And Jayme will be freed when rangers come see?

It's been 14 days. My vibes are going negative so I will carefully suggest that I don't believe Jayme Closs will be found. The extended area is nature geographic nooks and crannies, forests, lakes, rivers, creeks, farms, and rarely traversed land. Say it isn't so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill