AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe send it in & see if you get the same response. LE hasn’t provided info to the public that the cars are no longer sought, so what could it hurt?
There have to be literally tens of thousands of cars matching the vague parameters. The day it was announced I found both cars on page of a salvage rebuilt seller on ebay. The vehicles need to be in some kind of context to this case.

I'm sorry, can someone just run down again how exactly the Closs's address is incorrect on google maps? i looked through the maps/media thread and didn't see anything, but i definitely could've just missed it. if you put in their address it takes you somewhere else? i just tried with my own home address (apparently i'm only about an hour away from Barron) and it appeared to give me directions directly to their house....

Was found in River in OshKosh, WI
3.5 hrs away.
Had yellow grease pen
markings like it was being auctioned.
Said to have been stolen.
Someone called the day before to say they heard yelling for help in area but police found nothing. Then car bobs up to surface empty the next day. No info released on where it traced back to, which I found odd.
The call for help occurred on Sept 23, I believe. Five weeks later (and two miles away), the Monte Carlo was spotted in the river. So I doubt they’re related. And, as far as I know, cars don’t “bob” in deep water. ;)

moo. the car info isn't from a cctv. I am getting more and more sure of that. if it was a good enough camera to get color then it would be a for sure id on type of car. if it was so poor quality that they cant tell kind of car there in no way would be color to go with it. someone seen a car or some cars or someone took a pic with a camera on a phone or there was more said on the 911 than we are thinking. something is way off when it comes to the cars.

LE has said they got the info on the cars from video

My own opinion but the most bizarre part of any of the theories floating around here is the gross reality that it happened at all. Like I've said before, it's like hell opened up and belched out evil, onto a completely unsuspecting family, a family which, by all accounts, was good and decent and hard-working. It's those 20 minutes which fray my brain.... home invasion, wrong house, were the perps (I'm still stuck on more than one) desperate for drugs, cash, guns believing that house would have them? Wrong house theory. Did they come armed? Did they intend to kill, or only to subdue, and steal? Were precious Jayme and her doting mother further victimized during those dreadful minutes? Did Jayme make a run for it, leaving an open 911 line? Did the perps split up, one to get the car, one to get Jayme? Might explain why there weren't three immediate murders... if the second guy didn't have the gun. Again, pure speculation.

I hope they are taking a serious look at that submerged car. And frankly, the whole pond.

Prayers for strength for Jayme's family, especially her aunts... this is all so very awful.

LE has said they got the info on the cars from video
I understand they have said this. at least I think I use to understand that. I am not trying to be LE unfriendly. at this point I can not understand at all how that can be. can anyone that real life knows about cameras tell me how at night they could get color but not a better id on a car? if it wasn't cctv from night, I say this because the crime happened during dark hours, then why connect a day time video to the crime?

True. But can you imagine that kind of situation opening with a blitz style rampage? I can’t.
I don't know if I would consider this a Blitz style attack at this point. Yes Gun Shots were fired, and the door was kicked in, but at this point we have no idea what the time line was and the time between shots, who kicked the door in has not been officially determined that I have seen, I'm not sure we should convince our minds that the perps went in full force guns blazing. We dont know if they were there before James came home, how long they were in the house all together, There is so much of the timeline that is still missing.

I understand they have said this. at least I think I use to understand that. I am not trying to be LE unfriendly. at this point I can not understand at all how that can be. can anyone that real life knows about cameras tell me how at night they could get color but not a better id on a car? if it wasn't cctv from night, I say this because the crime happened during dark hours, then why connect a day time video to the crime?
could LE be saying they got he car info from video to protect a possible eye witness?

The dance recitals keep coming up but in my experience the people who come to them (even public like a park) are usually people with reason to be there like family members. But there is the angle of someone who is there to work. Caretakers of the building that is being used for the performance or such. My niece often dances at a school local to her studio because they have a nice auditorium.
Does anyone know the location of the dance recitals? For example did they take place at the local high school?

Was found in River in OshKosh, WI
3.5 hrs away.
Had yellow grease pen
markings like it was being auctioned.
Said to have been stolen.
Someone called the day before to say they heard yelling for help in area but police found nothing. Then car bobs up to surface empty the next day. No info released on where it traced back to, which I found odd.

If it was an auction car, the mileage would be recorded , wouldn’t it?

could LE be saying they got he car info from video to protect a possible eye witness?
could be. I am wondering a few things but could it be that there was some interaction seen from a earlier date that involved the family? maybe something from on the way home? close enough in time that it would be within the date being reviewed on camera?

my impression was that the "help" voice was a woman and it was faint. Not a whisper but weak, which has led me to think this person was dying, who I believe was Denise. jmo
I initially thought that the "Help" could have been in the distance or another room so it could have been muffled or far from the phone

My own opinion but the most bizarre part of any of the theories floating around here is the gross reality that it happened at all. Like I've said before, it's like hell opened up and belched out evil, onto a completely unsuspecting family, a family which, by all accounts, was good and decent and hard-working. It's those 20 minutes which fray my brain.... home invasion, wrong house, were the perps (I'm still stuck on more than one) desperate for drugs, cash, guns believing that house would have them? Wrong house theory. Did they come armed? Did they intend to kill, or only to subdue, and steal? Were precious Jayme and her doting mother further victimized during those dreadful minutes? Did Jayme make a run for it, leaving an open 911 line? Did the perps split up, one to get the car, one to get Jayme? Might explain why there weren't three immediate murders... if the second guy didn't have the gun. Again, pure speculation.

I hope they are taking a serious look at that submerged car. And frankly, the whole pond.

Prayers for strength for Jayme's family, especially her aunts... this is all so very awful.

It happened all right and it's the worst crime ever committed in these parts. Not at your typical pedophile crime bue something alien to this area. But don't take the neighbor reported 20 minute delay too seriously. In another interview they said they heard the shots at 2 am and the man said the sound was a "back fire" from a vehicle "or something big." Neighbor house is 230 yards away. The info may be spurious. The crime appears to be fast in and fast out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty