AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those who believe this case is connected to the cases in Indiana and Iowa. Three cities with their largest employers being meat processing plants. In the case of Evansdale, the meat processing facility is actually in nearby Waterloo. Check hotel/motel records. This may be a person who travels and frequents these meat plants. Could it be an inspector? A machinery worker? A truck driver? A refrigeration industry person?

I am open to this, especially after mapping it out. It's very interesting and should not be overlooked.

I agree with those who believe this case is connected to the cases in Indiana and Iowa. Three cities with their largest employers being meat processing plants. In the case of Evansdale, the meat processing facility is actually in nearby Waterloo. Check hotel/motel records. This may be a person who travels and frequents these meat plants. Could it be an inspector? A machinery worker? A truck driver? A refrigeration industry person?
Very interesting theory!

What a senseless and terrible tragedy, further drawn out as the family waits for news of Jayme. My heart breaks to hear that new developments are slow coming.

Though not familiar with this town and location, (and forgive me if anyone has mentioned these thoughts before!) I am familiar with rural locations like this as it's similar to places I've lived. The houses in this area seem to have some distance between them and are separated by brush and trees.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned if the house appeared to be broken into or not. It's common in my experience not to lock doors when a car is the only way to get somewhere and you can hear a car coming from a ways off. This could make this house a potential target if the assailant did not know the family but was looking to victimize them for some reason or another.

Living out in wooded areas like this, at least in Canada, it's common to have a registered rifle which will usually hold bird or buckshot. The information indicates the weapon used to be "high powered" What sort of weapon is likely in this case? My knowledge of guns ends at farm shotguns unfortunately!

I suppose knowing this my questions are:

1.How did the assailant get to the house without neighbours (who in these areas can be quite nosy) noticing?

2. You can hear a car coming down flat land like this from a bit of a ways off. Did the neighbours hear a car before they heard these gunshots? Did they hear or see a car's highbeams? If not, was the assailant at the Closs residence when the neighbours arrived home, and how long did the assailant spend there before killing the parents and possibly abducting Jayme? Who saw or heard them leave?

3.Did the neighbours who called the police hesitate all that time thinking it possible that the Closses themselves were trying to frighten off local wildlife, but a bad gut feeling caused them to call "just to make sure"? (Maybe the gunshot didn't sound the type of gun that the Closses might have used for local wildlife?)

If any of this information has been discussed or answered I'm sorry to rehash anything!

She can still be a nice, naive girl and still have an online crush or an online bf. Someone grooming her may have targeted for her for that exact reason. She's still a child it doesn't make her bad or responsible for her abduction or her parents' murders.

Thank you! I agree, and I admit that I am having trouble with the "she couldn't have had a boyfriend because she seemed so nice and young". For starters, none of us actually knew her. Also, you can be a sweet, smart, YOUNG, sheltered, girl and still form online relationships or develop crushes on older boys. I feel like people are acting that this implication is somehow sullying her, but it's not. IMO, it would be rather normal. At 13 I still played with Barbies, slept with stuffed animals, and hadn't even had my first kiss. I was also a straight A student. And yet I was head over heels for the 18 year old Elvis impersonator (don't judge) my mom tutored. And he kind of liked me. In hindsight, my goals were sweetly innocent (rather than sleeping with him, I fantasized about holding his hand) but the feelings on my end were still real. I was a "good girl", yet I still hid things from my mom. It was fun at the time.

I agree that LE would probably have uncovered something by now, but there are lots of things they haven't told us. Speculating that she may have had a secret crush or an online bf is not insinuating anything dark about her. I think it would make her fairly normal.

Yes, he did. But my point was that the topic of the Dierks Bentley song is not a new one.
Even if the killer is somehow obsessed with Jayme and killed her parents in order to take her, or they ran away together, the reason behind the violence cannot be compared to Romeo and Juliet. It was his love for her that prevented him from fighting Tibalt in the first place. He wanted peace. Whoever killed Jayme's parents did so in a brutal, vicious manner. This was no accident, it was fully intended, imo.

3.Did the neighbours who called the police hesitate all that time thinking it possible that the Closses themselves were trying to frighten off local wildlife, but a bad gut feeling caused them to call "just to make sure"? (Maybe the gunshot didn't sound the type of gun that the Closses might have used for local wildlife?)

If any of this information has been discussed or answered I'm sorry to rehash anything!

rsff

The neighbors never called the police. They were contacted the next morning by LE, iirc.

Hi, any news?

(A poster just referenced a case in Hania’s thread thatI had not heard of before and wanted to bring it here for reference, as it involves killing a family upon an abduction:

(ETA: in realizing this is the SG case and already discussed here )

The Freeman/Bible case in Oklahoma was one I always hoped would be solved and it recently was after 20 years. The torture the abducted two 16 year old girls had to go through before their deaths was horrendous, and that was after seeing the mom and dad of the Freeman girl murdered and trailer set afire.

Those creeps even took polaroid's of the girls being abused, sick world we live in! :(

No, he was not shot through the door. The door was kicked in.

True, because I was the one who brought the subject up during speculation. I think one of the relatives said during the first few days after the crime that the door was shot through but that has never been verified that I know of. Soon thereafter all legitimate sources were referring to the door having been broken in.

The Freeman/Bible case in Oklahoma was one I always hoped would be solved and it recently was after 20 years. The torture the abducted two 16 year old girls had to go through before their deaths was horrendous, and that was after seeing the mom and dad of the Freeman girl murdered and trailer set afire.

Those creeps even took polaroid's of the girls being abused, sick world we live in! :(

But they were never found were they?

rsff

The neighbors never called the police. They were contacted the next morning by LE, iirc.

Jax, thank you! When I went over the information, and I saw the neighbours had reported two gunshots and then soon after a 911 call came through to dispatch, these melded as one item in my mind. I appreciate you pointing it out and making the distinction. I suppose then it's possible the sounds of gunshots in that area were not uncommon enough to rouse suspicion.

True, because I was the one who brought the subject up during speculation. I think one of the relatives said during the first few days after the crime that the door was shot through but that has never been verified that I know of. Soon thereafter all legitimate sources were referring to the door having been broken in.
Yes, they said the door was shot in and then we thought maybe the storm door was shot in and the main door was kicked in. But LE has only verified that the door was kicked in.

Edit to correct day/date:

Has anyone followed the news re: Salmonella outbreak from raw turkey products? I’m sure the folks around Barron County are aware of it. Could this have anything to do with Jayme’s hospitalization?

The CDC issued a press release on July 19, 2018 reporting that a multi-drug resistent salmonella bacteria was originating from raw turkey products. On Thursday, November 8 2018 , the CDC updated information to report that:
* 164 people have been infected from 35 states
* 63 people have been hospitalized
* 1 person has died from California
* No one turkey provider has been identified

Direct link to the CDC warning: Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | July 2018 | Salmonella | CDC

I have no idea but might explain the statement by the aunt to Jayme at the news conference about Molly eating only chicken. (and no turkey!)

Edit to correct day/date:

Has anyone followed the news re: Salmonella outbreak from raw turkey products? I’m sure the folks around Barron County are aware of it. Could this have anything to do with Jayme’s hospitalization?

The CDC issued a press release on July 19, 2018 reporting that a multi-drug resistent salmonella bacteria was originating from raw turkey products. On Thursday, November 8 2018 , the CDC updated information to report that:
* 164 people have been infected from 35 states
* 63 people have been hospitalized
* 1 person has died from California
* No one turkey provider has been identified

Direct link to the CDC warning: Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | Multidrug-Resistant Salmonella Infections Linked to Raw Turkey Products | July 2018 | Salmonella | CDC

Something I wondered about earlier - could one of the parents have been a whistle blower? Could be a motive....

Thank you! I agree, and I admit that I am having trouble with the "she couldn't have had a boyfriend because she seemed so nice and young". For starters, none of us actually knew her. Also, you can be a sweet, smart, YOUNG, sheltered, girl and still form online relationships or develop crushes on older boys. I feel like people are acting that this implication is somehow sullying her, but it's not. IMO, it would be rather normal. At 13 I still played with Barbies, slept with stuffed animals, and hadn't even had my first kiss. I was also a straight A student. And yet I was head over heels for the 18 year old Elvis impersonator (don't judge) my mom tutored. And he kind of liked me. In hindsight, my goals were sweetly innocent (rather than sleeping with him, I fantasized about holding his hand) but the feelings on my end were still real. I was a "good girl", yet I still hid things from my mom. It was fun at the time.

I agree that LE would probably have uncovered something by now, but there are lots of things they haven't told us. Speculating that she may have had a secret crush or an online bf is not insinuating anything dark about her. I think it would make her fairly normal.
I didn't get the impression people were saying she could not have had an innocent relationship with a boy her own age, just that it's not likely she had a nineteen year old boyfriend who killed her parents and ran off with her. I think that's what started the discussion earlier. She just doesn't seem like a sophisticated teenager who is 13 going on 21. She seems young for her age. I think that's what others were trying to convey. Jmo

Jax, thank you! When I went over the information, and I saw the neighbours had reported two gunshots and then soon after a 911 call came through to dispatch, these melded as one item in my mind. I appreciate you pointing it out and making the distinction. I suppose then it's possible the sounds of gunshots in that area were not uncommon enough to rouse suspicion.

If memory serves, the neighbors said they thought it might be someone trying to scare off wildlife (a bear was used as an example).

After the sheriff's comments about how quick he thinks it happened, we're left with many questions about the shots the neighbors heard. Did they mistake the time or was it unrelated (not really a possibility to me)?

About hearing traffic, it seems to me there's enough traffic, even at night that people wouldn't pay any attention unless the vehicle pulled into their driveway.

So many questions and I'm left feeling sick over little Jayme and her current situation. moo

Something I wondered about earlier - could one of the parents have been a whistle blower? Could be a motive....

Was James filling in for an employee out sick that day? I’m not seeing any cases reported in WI . . . But then . . . Yes. I thought of whistle blower also a couple weeks ago, unaware of salmonella but related to another health outbreak.

Welcome, Missingmile!!!!! Yes, they said they were used to hearing gunshots so they were not alarmed. It was one of the victims inside the home who called 911.

Last edited:
What a senseless and terrible tragedy, further drawn out as the family waits for news of Jayme. My heart breaks to hear that new developments are slow coming.

Though not familiar with this town and location, (and forgive me if anyone has mentioned these thoughts before!) I am familiar with rural locations like this as it's similar to places I've lived. The houses in this area seem to have some distance between them and are separated by brush and trees.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned if the house appeared to be broken into or not. It's common in my experience not to lock doors when a car is the only way to get somewhere and you can hear a car coming from a ways off. This could make this house a potential target if the assailant did not know the family but was looking to victimize them for some reason or another.

Living out in wooded areas like this, at least in Canada, it's common to have a registered rifle which will usually hold bird or buckshot. The information indicates the weapon used to be "high powered" What sort of weapon is likely in this case? My knowledge of guns ends at farm shotguns unfortunately!

I suppose knowing this my questions are:

1.How did the assailant get to the house without neighbours (who in these areas can be quite nosy) noticing?

2. You can hear a car coming down flat land like this from a bit of a ways off. Did the neighbours hear a car before they heard these gunshots? Did they hear or see a car's highbeams? If not, was the assailant at the Closs residence when the neighbours arrived home, and how long did the assailant spend there before killing the parents and possibly abducting Jayme? Who saw or heard them leave?

The house, although rural, is not on a rural road. It is located on a US route which gets traffic.
The house is not relatively close to others. Most likely, neighbors would not have heard or been aware of someone entering their neighbor's drive. Neighbors did not see anyone arrive or leave.

Even if the killer is somehow obsessed with Jayme and killed her parents in order to take her, or they ran away together, the reason behind the violence cannot be compared to Romeo and Juliet. It was his love for her that prevented him from fighting Tibalt in the first place. He wanted peace. Whoever killed Jayme's parents did so in a brutal, vicious manner. This was no accident, it was fully intended, imo.

Okay. I feel like this has gone waayyy off track. My original reply, whose meaning has somehow become lost along the way, was literally JUST in response to the song "What Was I Thinking". The OP quoted a Dierks Bentley song and pontificated that perhaps something like that (what happens in the song) happened. My reply was just to say that the theme of that song had been around for many, many years and didn't start with Dierks Bentley. (I gave Appalachian murder ballads and the Romeo and Juliet story as examples.) That's it. I wasn't offering a theory of my own, I wasn't commenting on anyone else's theory, and I wasn't implying that what had to Jayme had anything to do with Romeo and Juliet. I was literally just saying that interesting as that songwriter's lyrics may have been, he wasn't the first to come up with them.

Jayme seems like a just nice young girl. I have a very hard time believing she had online boyfriends or made any kind of plans with an older boyfriend.

Her life was full with family, dance and church.

I think jayme is the biggest victim here.

This family has been under the microscope from day one. Nothing but maybes on all of them. The maybes are speculation only.

None of us really know Jayme, or that her life was full with family, dance, and church.

Even with family, dance and church that still leaves time for her to do some online activity, or Instagram or Snapchat on her phone. That is pretty standy for most 13 year old girls.

Shy and naive young girls would be at a greater risk for being deceived in an online chat. They would be more likely to innocently believe that someone was a boy or girl her own age, and possibly give out enough personal information that she could be tracked down by a person with bad intentions.

My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member