AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo, IF there as any 19 year old boy, he is not a boyfriend. Could be a crush one direction or the other, a relative of a family friend or bother of Jayme’s friend, a guy at church, a random guy who works somewhere they frequented (grocery store, restaurant). Idk why, but I think she may have thought he was cute, blushed in his presence, been nervous, but in a very innocent way. He likely wasn’t even aware of it but her friends or parents may have noticed. I think this is why the no comment, there’s no “boyfriend” but there could be a 19 year old who has been looked at and probably is not involved.

I understand what you mean about the issue surrounding a potential 19 year old BF and just because Sh. Fitzgerald said NO COMMENT that it doesn’t mean there was one BUT if you watch the whole interview from beginning to the end, almost an hour IIRC, then the NO COMMENT to that question is not indicative of the rest of his interview and how he responds to all the other questions posed to him. That’s what makes it (IMOO) a very interesting part of this investigation and subsequent update. To me, that stood out like a huge red flag ( I’m a SIO Detective UK)

I understand.

Have you watched many other interviews in other American cases where they were also asked speculative questions by reporters and also received the same no comment answers?

Many of those speculative questions were nothing more than rumor and gossip and proven not to be true once the actual suspect was finally arrested.

I really found his interview pretty typical and inline with many other cases where rumors also swirled and LE refused to comment on any of them.

If it were true and if he was involved the police would have honed in on him from day one.

That would be a huge red flag immediately plus of course since Jayme was taken he would either be missing now and with her or he wouldnt have an alibi during the time it all happened either.

I think they would have investigated all of that if it truly existed and we wouldnt be almost a month in without even a POI.

As I am sure you well know cases which have a close link or relationship between any of the victims and suspect are the easiest to solve. There simply is no way for anyone to erase relationship history.

Since LE is still saying they need that one tip to lead them to who did this I think they have ruled out Jayme having a older boyfriend and any online connection.

Jmo though...

(snipped by me)

Since LE is still saying they need that one tip to lead them to who did this I think they have ruled out Jayme having a older boyfriend and any online connection.

Jmo though...

I always cling to that “one tip away from solving this crime” phrase whenever LE uses it, and IMHO, it’s pretty common. It has been said repeatedly in the 8 years since Kyron went missing from his elementary school, and here we are in 2018, with very little progress if any in finding that sweet child. I also don’t recall that there was EVER a POI even named in that case, and even if there was, it has not helped LE solve Kyron’s disappearance. POIs help US in having more to discuss, but LE naming them, or not, doesn’t seem to making finding missing persons any easier. Just my unscientific opinion.

I found it discouraging that Fitzgerald seems to be entertaining "psychics" in this case. No offense to those of you who do believe in that sort of thing, but those comments alone tells me LE really has nothing to go on.

He doesn't find tips like " she's in a barn " helpful... but some "psychic " telling him to look by a body of water prompts LE to go look at bodies of water ?

Wow. Color me frustrated and confused.

I think he is just being respectful to everyone who offers tips, psychics included.

On a Sunday nearly one month ago, Jennifer Smith held a birthday party for her grandson at her Barron, Wisconsin home. Jennifer’s sister Denise Closs, who lived just a couple of miles away, came to the party with her husband Jim and their 13-year-old daughter, Jayme.

Haven’t we been told James was NOT at the family party??

On a Sunday nearly one month ago, Jennifer Smith held a birthday party for her grandson at her Barron, Wisconsin home. Jennifer’s sister Denise Closs, who lived just a couple of miles away, came to the party with her husband Jim and their 13-year-old daughter, Jayme.

Haven’t we been told James was NOT at the family party??

I just read that too and it was a surprise to me.

Haven’t there been like hundreds of posts here speculating on why James didn’t attend the party and whether he was working?

Good morning.

First I would like to address those who have posted after one of my post in the prior closed thread by stating there isn't a certain type of teen girl.

Maybe I should have chosen another word.

However my own opinion of Jayme remains the same since there hasn't been any evidence to support otherwise. So until I see LE state it is the wrong perception of Jayme I will continue having the same opinion about who I think Jayme really is.

Could she have had a crush another boy even one older? Of course.

When Fitzgerald said he would not comment on Jayme having a 19 year old boyfriend doesnt ever mean she did have one or that he even exists.

In many cases over the years LE will not comment on rumors even when asked.

The police are not in the business of dispelling rumors. If so...they would have to spend a lot of valuable time doing just that as rumors and gossip spread like wildfire.

In several tragic cases where a child or children were missing the communities who didn't know the family personally and social media were filled with false allegations and salacious rumors against even parents.

Many were bizarre and very hurtful to the grieving family members yet not once did the police step up to quash any of those rumors even when asked by reporters.

Instead they left the families twisting in the wind of rumors and speculations even though they knew none of it was true.

It makes little sense to me this is someone she had a crush on in her own community or someone she met online.

If we have learned anything following cases for years it's the FBI is the best in the world imo in tracking any online activities. They excel in this specialized field no matter how much the chatters may have tried to stay hidden.

I do not think Jayme was this sophisticated to know how to disguise and deceive even the FBI nor is anyone she may have had contact with. Imo

Plus those are some of the easiest cases to solve including links to any supposed boyfriend and the missing child.

The FBI would have discovered it very early on concerning either linkage if they truly existed.

Imo they havent found any such link of an obsessed boyfriend in her community nor any online activity that would cause her parents to be murdered and their only child taken.Imo.

Jmo though

She may have had a boyfriend, using that word loosely here, but he has been cleared and LE doesn’t want to discuss him.

So, James attended the party and Jayme's cell phone was recovered in the home. That gives us a little more info to go on, anyway .

Also they aren’t commenting on what was during the 911 call. Does that mean there were actual words that were heard? Because previously it had been said there was yelling but I hadn’t known something was said during the call.

Authorities would later tell Jennifer they had received a 911 call from the Closs’s residence at 12:58 a.m. the morning of the murders. Sheriff Fitzgerald told Dateline the 911 came from Denise’s phone.

“We aren’t commenting on what was said, but there was some commotion,” Sheriff Fitzgerald said. “No one was on the phone. There was no direct communication with our dispatcher.”

I understand.

Have you watched many other interviews in other American cases where they were also asked speculative questions by reporters and also received the same no comment answers?

Many of those speculative questions were nothing more than rumor and gossip and proven not to be true once the actual suspect was finally arrested.

I really found his interview pretty typical and inline with many other cases where rumors also swirled and LE refused to comment on any of them.

If it were true and if he was involved the police would have honed in on him from day one.

That would be a huge red flag immediately plus of course since Jayme was taken he would either be missing now and with her or he wouldnt have an alibi during the time it all happened either.

I think they would have investigated all of that if it truly existed and we wouldnt be almost a month in without even a POI.

As I am sure you well know cases which have a close link or relationship between any of the victims and suspect are the easiest to solve. There simply is no way for anyone to erase relationship history.

Jmo though...

Interesting article regarding online predators.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wtop.c...ndercover-detectives-who-track-attackers/amp/

Let me get this straight....The police have both Denise and Jayme's cell phones...... James Closs was now at the Birthday Party...... Why did the Grandfather give statements to the Media, that James was at work, during the party, and was not there ?

The more we know the more confusing this all becomes, right ? The neighbors heard 2 shots...or they didn't. The red car is a challenger...or it isn't. James was at the party...or he wasn't. The crime lasted 4 minutes...or it didn't.

Super helpful information we're getting. :rolleyes:

So, James attended the party and Jayme's cell phone was recovered in the home. That gives us a little more info to go on, anyway . If Jayme had anything at all to do with this (which most of us never believed that she did ), she certainly would have taken her cell phone.
Actually, she probably wouldn’t have taken her cell phone, it’s too easy to trace. IMO

Let me get this straight....The police have both Denise and Jayme's cell phones...... James Closs was now at the Birthday Party...... Why did the Grandfather give statements to the Media, that James was at work, during the party, and was not there ?
I wouldn’t count out a reporting error, it seems to be the norm these days. There’s no quotes in the article about James being there, or his mood or anything. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb