AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘We Will Not Give Up’: Godmother Of Jayme Closs Speaks Out

About the front door(s):
At the 39 second mark in this link you can clearly see the storm door being carried out and it doesn't show any damage that I can see just some fall sticker thingies. The wood door frame is damaged but I can't get a good look. Where's our photo experts?

Regarding the 2 girls that were driving by the scene an hour after it happened, a post several threads ago say they are relatives of the Closs family. No MSM link provided.

Anyone know if this is true and if they may have been at the cousin’s birthday party the afternoon before the crime?

I shave my babies a couple times a year. When in Alaska I had one cavalier King Charles who veered off the shoveled potty path to pooh at the top of the biggest snow berm.
The result was a “Daisy” full of ice balls on her fur that sometimes hours to thaw. As pretty as she smelled, the wet fur always smelled more. Thus Dausy had a very short natural cost in the winter, but a beautiful snap on jacket to keep her warm

A long cute story to say the haircut likely has no bearing at all.
Thanks. Guess I'm to soft when it comes to animals lol

My dogs are always happy after grooming not traumatic at all. They live it.
Yes, most are used to it as it's part of their normal routine. Just to clarify I would in no way fault the dog being shaved. My perspective is more about why it was done at this time. Was it based on evidentiary reasons, family convenience or necessity? People groom their dogs all the time. Having been thorough loss and tragedy getting a dog groomed wouldn't be my priority, without a specific reason I can't imagine knowing a dog has witnessed tragedy, misses loved ones, is in a new place and, saying, hey, the dog needs groomed. JMO

Last edited:
Heard something on the Dryden interview from last Friday not sure if it's been discussed and if so I missed it. There was a caller that called in and talked about a couple from Barron who had been missing since the day after the murder. Stated they could not get ahold of the female and the guy drove an orange challenger. Sheriff Fitzgerald seemed kind of taken back by that then finally said they have no missing people in Barron. Did anyone else catch that and find it strange

Heard something on the Dryden interview from last Friday not sure if it's been discussed and if so I missed it. There was a caller that called in and talked about a couple from Barron who had been missing since the day after the murder. Stated they could not get ahold of the female and the guy drove an orange challenger. Sheriff Fitzgerald seemed kind of taken back by that then finally said they have no missing people in Barron. Did anyone else catch that and find it strange
Oh interesting. I wonder if that part of the interview is still available in the link?

Do you have a link?

Even as just a room mother at my son’s elementary school you had to go through a basic background check. Not finger printed, but they required your name, address, and DL#. Anyone volunteering with contact with kids. Even if you’d never have unsupervised contact. And they do it each year. You don’t just do it in kindergarten and then your good for the next 12 years. All schools should do this and I’d personally be happy if they fingerprinted volunteers as well. The schools were serious about it too. I’ve seen volunteers turned away for not having their current form on file. Hopefully if something like this isn’t in place at Jayme’s school it will be started cause it seems to me, if nothing else, it’s a deterrent to pedofiles trying to work with kids at school. I’m actually a little shocked that anyone actually payed by a school system wouldn’t have been background checked in this day and age. And I totally agree with you that all Jayme’s coaches and school personnel should be vetted.

I don’t know how it is in WI. But I was a teacher in MN. I had a father of a child who had made the mother pg when she was 14 and he 28. He was out of prison and he would complain to me how unfair life was because as a sex offender he had a hard time finding a place to live and a job.

But the kicker of the story is that he could come to school and pick up his daughter.

And yes. I called to find out about the insanity about him being able,to have his daughter as well as being able to come to school. Yes, he could. I was flabbergasted.

Could he volunteer or go with on a field trip? I don’t know as that never came up.

<modsnip - removed quoted post and direct reply to it>

Has anyone seen photos of them carrying the (rest of the) heavy wooden door from the scene for clarification? We’ve seen the glass storm door being carried off, but just wondering about the main door?

Last edited by a moderator:

Its funny you mention this. I heard the caller ask about it on the interview last Friday but about a week before someone on this site had posted that they had heard about a couple who had gone missing from the area the day after the crime. They didn't give a source of the information though but the strange thing was later that day i tried to find the post and couldn't - it looked like for some reason it had been removed. I can't remember who posted it so sorry for being a bit vague.

According to Dryden Wire video, a question is asked about a missing woman named Melissa, and her husband who works at Jennie O, and drives a Challenger. Supposedly missing since 10/15. Sheriff stated doesn't know about it, and states person should send it to tipline.

Unfortunately she's probably buried in the woods or at the bottom of a river by now. Sorry to be blunt, but statistics say that outcome is all but a certainty.

The ground is hard to dig. Frozen and filled with roots and rocks.

But the area around Minong is sand so that is a possibility there

When I first heard some time back that there was some bad turkey floating around, I figured that the ones with the most to lose (if a source was identified) was the manufacturer/processor.

If the government knew (or at least had a good idea) where the bad turkey was coming from and did nothing, then perhaps it's the government (or specific government employees) who had the most to lose.

Could James (and/or Denise) have known something, and threatened to go to the media?

Food gets recalled all of the time. jennie-0 is owned by Hormel. This is not like a little family business. I doubt if anyone cares too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova