AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the deal with the chair they hauled out then if he went five feet into the home?

What’s the deal with the mattress they removed?

Do we know whose mattress it was? Jayme's or the parents? Of course it was to test for any foreign DNA left behind by anyone other than the family.

I really don't think the chair had anything to do with what happened that night. The dog had probably given it a good doing over at some point in the past. Just JMO. It is better to take it and eliminate it as a source of evidence than not to be thorough and leave something behind untested. Again, JMO.

Do we know whose mattress it was? Jayme's or the parents? Of course it was to test for any foreign DNA left behind by anyone other than the family.

I really don't think the chair had anything to do with what happened that night. The dog had probably given it a good doing over at some point in the past. Just JMO. It is better to take it and eliminate it as a source of evidence than not to be thorough and leave something behind untested. Again, JMO.
The chair had a bullet hole in the front of it. The mattress was removed later, possibly looking for evidence of Jayme possibly having a lover.

More often than not, instantly means having died instantly once shot. JMO

I believe that Denise died quickly, not instantly. The only possible way that LE would know that the perp was in the house for 4 minutes and that the neighbour's time estimate was inaccurate, would be if Denise made the call. Her injuries were likely so severe that she could only have lived for a minute or two. The know the 911 call came at 12:53, so the shots must have been no earlier than 12:51. Coincidentally, at 12:51 the neighbour's clock would have read 12:58. Pretty easy for someone to misread that as 12:38.

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online

'But if I'm in your house for minutes and I only step five feet inside your home I'm probably not going to leave a big footprint.'

Maybe he didn't literally mean 5 feet. Maybe he meant it in a more general "for instance" kind of way.
Exactly. This sheriff is a very likable man that tends to favor talking on a more personal level over prepared statements where wording is more carefully vetted. The downside of that is so much of what he says is dissected and completely misconstrued.

The chair had a bullet hole in the front of it. The mattress was removed later, possibly looking for evidence of Jayme possibly having a lover.

I don't recall reading in the media about the chair having a bullet hole in it. If it did, then it could have been caused by a ricocheted bullet. Mattress - yes, along with one other reason. We just don't know. We are all just spitting in the wind and I am including myself.

JMO

I doubt LE would be playing “head games” with perp, via the Daily Mail. If they wanted to send messages, which I doubt, they would call a big, announced PC. Jmo

Also...in crime cases at least the DM generally proves to be accurate, even if they are over the top in their headlines, etc...and seem to get access to crimes in the US pretty quickly. They must pay well. Jmo

I don't recall reading in the media about the chair having a bullet hole in it. If it did, then it could have been caused by a ricocheted bullet. Mattress - yes, along with one other reason. We just don't know. We are all just spitting in the wind and I am including myself.

JMO
The mattress wasn't removed in the initial search, so I don't think it had any relevance to the attack. They came back for it, so assuming that the perp was never near it, there can only be one possible reason for removing it.

I believe Jame's father confirmed that on the first day.
If I'm not mistaken, he said he was told by LE that the door was shot in. I don't recall him saying he'd been told James was shot through the door. And regardless of whether my recollection is right, LE certainly hasn't confirmed to the public if a gun was fired through the door, much less whether or not James was shot through the door.

Iirc the Sheriff stated previously that there were no foot prints.
If the Sheriff said the guy only came five feet in to the house, there has to be evidence to prove that. The person had to have left a trail of some sort for them to be able to make that statement.

He shot James through the door. More than likely he had blood on his shoes as he walked past him.

Respectfully, I don't think he means an actual literal footprint. I think he means like evidence of having been there. The term "footprint" is also used in other ways like "carbon footprint" or "environmental footprint" etc. jmo

If I'm not mistaken, he said he was told by LE that the door was shot in. I don't recall him saying he'd been told James was shot through the door. And regardless of whether my recollection is right, LE certainly hasn't confirmed to the public if a gun was fired through the door, much less whether or not James was shot through the door.
I believe he said "They shot him through the door".

A news reporter who saw the door being removed described it as being riddled with bullets.

Neighbour says two shots fired.

Likely a shotgun, one through the door killing James, the second from inside the doorway injuring Denise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member