AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no perfect families and no perfect teenagers, lol. My daughter had given me zero trouble and zero drama EXCEPT for her age 13 year. No real trouble but plenty of backtalk, drama, and “Well I will just go live with my dad if you don’t let me go to _________”

Fortunately she outgrew it by the time she turned 14 but that during that one year I am sure someone could have taken some pouty and/or rebellious photos.
She looks either bored or in deep thought. Maybe outgrowing family get together...maybe wanting to be with friends her own age. Who knows a 13 year old's brain...:rolleyes:

Brother: That's where we sit day in day out Guessing again still

1-minute point in video Interviewer: Do you have any gut feeling as to what may have happened? or do you really just not know!

Brother xyz quite a few gut feelings (nervous laugh ) Not just one

If it's been deleted I can still hear and see it in the video links above on this forum​

Brother: That's where we sit day in day out Guessing again still

1-minute point in video Interviewer: Do you have any gut feeling as to what may have happened? or do you really just not know!

Brother xyz quite a few gut feelings (nervous laugh ) Not just one

If it's been deleted I can still hear and see it in the video links above on this forum​
Nope. That's from the second interview. There was absolutely no laugh in the one we're talking about...

Thank you, I learned something new. I haven't been able to get the idea of this being a spur of the moment, thrill type of crime by some young men in souped up, hot rod type of cars. Young men, high on something and bored that started something that got out of hand very quickly and deadly. The red car, the girls cruising by, the reference of Denise's brother that he knew or had a gut feeling about who did this. LE may know what red car it is but can't prove who was behind the wheel. Can you imagine how hard it would be to step forward to LE if you knew what happened and still live in this town?
The reason I say I don’t think it’s a back fire from a car is: everything that causes a car to back fire is controlled by the cars computer. I’d be surprised if any car made in the last 20 years is even capable of a back fire. The computer won’t let it. But, I’m no mechanic either...someone may tell you I’m wrong. That’s why I’d guess jake brake first.

A few of the small towns that I frequently drive through have “No Jake Brake” signs at the town limits.
We like our noise ordinance’s in small towns. Lol

Around here, guys work on their cars so they are fast and loud not quiet and smooth. I noticed an Xtreme Motor Sports business down the road a bit and a lot of tracks from ATV's I guess down along side the railroad tracks behind their home. Wonder if there is a connection. I noted this on Google Maps.

Last edited:
If u look at panaromic photo ... is it me or is closs house 1 mile walk to Barron high school sourounding neighborhood??

Are there alleys in Barron You can take without visibility?? Just thinking you could easily walk 1 miles commit crime and walk back to house... 10 min there 15 min back and in house ... did they check a boatload of houses or just the 8/10 closest ??

If you’ve got multiple perps and gun no really worry about jayme running... still unsure why it can’t be local without a car..

You could commit crime and take to cabin next morning and not raise much of an eyebrow ... dunno..

Attachments

• 313BD733-0469-40E6-87A6-BEEA971869B4.jpeg
    313BD733-0469-40E6-87A6-BEEA971869B4.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
  • EF634E25-BC56-486D-8F8D-6CCADE352D67.jpeg
    EF634E25-BC56-486D-8F8D-6CCADE352D67.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 21
If u look at panaromic photo ... is it me or is closs house 1 mile walk to Barron high school sourounding neighborhood??

Are there alleys in Barron You can take without visibility?? Just thinking you could easily walk 1 miles commit crime and walk back to house... 10 min there 15 min back and in house ... did they check a boatload of houses or just the 8/10 closest ??

If you’ve got multiple perps and gun no really worry about jayme running... still unsure why it can’t be local without a car..

You could commit crime and take to cabin next morning and not raise much of an eyebrow ... dunno..

Google maps shows the high school at 2.9 miles from the Closs home.

Google Maps

I dunno, man. Having a vehicle seems like a logical assumption to me. Trying to meander and sneak around through town just seems like a terrible plan, unless they were camo ninjas! :D

If anything, I would say she looks tired. Don't forget, she's been ill recently, too.
I agree. It looks like whoever took the photo caught her unawares. I expect we all could have a not so smiling and unposed photo taken of us in the course of spending an afternoon visiting family. ;) Especially if just recovered from an illness or similar.

I dunno, man. Having a vehicle seems like a logical assumption to me. Trying to meander and sneak around through town just seems like a terrible plan, unless they were camo ninjas! :D
@The Dude Blimey you make me smile every time you post, Off topic and before I am timed out. The only reason you would walk or run is if you were inside quickly and close and before those damn drones were released

Around here, guys work on their cars so they are fast and loud not quiet and smooth. I noticed an Xtreme Motor Sports business down the road a bit and a lot of tracks from ATV's I guess down along side the railroad tracks behind their home. Wonder if there is a connection. I noted this on Google Maps.

modern cars may be fast and loud. a back fire is a misfire of a type. it just doesn't happen in modern cars, they may still misfire but it doesn't cause a backfire. modern cars that are loud are mostly loud on purpose.

I'm very familiar with the semi-braking sound. I don't think I would mistake it for a gun unless I were asleep (which I gather they weren't) and it woke me up, plus you'd hear the truck decelerating as well. Also, if there were two bangs, the sound would be moving if it were a semi and the listener would be able to discern that, I believe. But I'm not a gun person at all, and from looking at street view, "next door" is not all that close. All in all, I'm thinking the neighbors did hear the weapons fire next door, though LE thinks they're off on their timing.

I never thought of this until now but could it possible he was working but not at the turkey plant? Sometimes I will say that my husband can't be somewhere because he is busy working on a day when he is out cutting firewood, or fixing the car or fixing someone elses car for sidework etc. IMO he could have been working a side job for extra money or doing a repair or chore the family needed done while Denise was at the party, if he was not at the turkey plant.

I fib and say mine is "working" when I am po'd at him and don't want him tagging along, but it depends on where I am going. ;)If it is a family get together, they get the truth lol.

I'm very familiar with the semi-braking sound. I don't think I would mistake it for a gun unless I were asleep (which I gather they weren't) and it woke me up, plus you'd hear the truck decelerating as well. Also, if there were two bangs, the sound would be moving if it were a semi and the listener would be able to discern that, I believe. But I'm not a gun person at all, and from looking at street view, "next door" is not all that close. All in all, I'm thinking the neighbors did hear the weapons fire next door, though LE thinks they're off on their timing.
Personally, I've always believed that what the Smrekars heard were two gunshots, and that those were from the murders. The times are indeed screwy, and I do wish this would be straightened out, but that would mean we would have a clue or piece of information that wasn't ambiguous. Can't have that. :)

Deleted because I posted incorrectly.

Last edited:
Personally, I've always believed that what the Smrekars heard were two gunshots, and that those were from the murders. The times are indeed screwy, and I do wish this would be straightened out, but that would mean we would have a clue or piece of information that wasn't ambiguous. Can't have that. :)

Ha, no, that would mess everything up.

I haven't seen the interview with them, but if one of them suggested it was a semi or backfires, maybe it was just an instinctual response to being put on the spot with a camera on you, and all of a sudden feeling like, well, damn, I don't really know what I heard.

I thought a bit about the timing and did a walkabout in my house, and of all the timepieces (stove, microwave, phones, laptops, bedside clocks, etc.), there's an 11 minute difference among them. I didn't notice it before! The clocks in the Smrekars's house could be way off, who knows.

Respectfully, I think you might be remembering it incorrectly. During the Mollie Tibbetts case I was 100% sure that a LE said something in an interview. I found the clip after like two hours of searching and it actually said the opposite of what I thought. So, I guess I just want to point out that we all can have memory lapses when cases go on for a long time.

I looked through every interview with the family I could find. They are directly asked many times if they have a gut feeling about what happened. In every single one I've been able to find they say they don't really have a clue.

The closest I could find (link below) is one where Denise's brother is asked if he has any gut feelings about it, and he kind of laughs and says "Got quite a few gut feelings...not just one." And then her sister (I believe the same one who made the family statement at the press conference) adds "And they change from day to day, different stuff you hear."

There's an interview (link below) with James' side of the family where they are asked about what they think happened. James' brother flat out says "I have no idea". His sister says that she doesn't have a gut feeling, and her first instinct was that it was someone from work, but that the only reason she thinks that is because James spent a vast majority of his time at work.

KARE 11 on Twitter

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the family did ever say anything about having an idea about who did it that would be very different from what they've said in other interviews. I kind of think some people are just remembering it wrong. (Which is totally okay!!) Respectfully, that is my take.

Thanks for finding this. I have been too lazy to refute the posts saying the family had an idea who did this...clearly IMO they do not, no more than LE does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova