AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell how close the highway is from the house? I'm wondering if the suspect/ suspects parked on the road or pulled in the driveway.

They have close neighbors on both sides. Seems to be trees in the front by the drive way. The Jenny O Plant is just about a block away on the other side of the street. You can click this link to see the map. 1268 us 8 barron, wisconsin

Last edited:
Do we know that LE has that particular cellphone?

(Pardon the questions -- I'm still in catch-up mode.)

Thanks -- that makes a lot more sense, to me. She was home, as she should be at that hour. I would have crawled under my bed, or hidden in a closet. If she did hide, either the intruders heard or saw her, or they knew she was there and they looked for her.

If they were truly after her, I would think they knew they would have to kill the parents. Kidnapping carries a tuff penalty, but it's not as bad as a double 1st degree murder.
Do we know if they took anything from the home or from her parents? A robbery gone bad, IMO, doesn't fit with what happened. It does look like they came there to get Jayme. But what they did to accomplish it was stupid, stupid, stupid -- but only if they get caught...
-------------------------------
About kidnapping and murder in Wisconsin:
-------------------------------​
According to Wisconsin law, Wis. Stat. § 940.31, a person committing crime of kidnapping is guilty of a Class C felony. A person commits the crime of kidnapping if,
  • By force or threat of imminent force carries another from one place to another without his / her consent and with intent to secretly confine or imprison or to carry out of Wisconsin or hold to service against will.; or
[...]
  • Wisconsin law, Wis. Stat. § 939.50, provides punishment for a Class C felony. Kidnapping is punishable with a fine not exceeding 100,000 or imprisonment not to exceed 40 years, or both. When kidnapping is done with the intent to cause another to transfer property in order to obtain the release of the victim then the offender is punishable with imprisonment not to exceed sixty years.
[...]
--------------------
Wisconsin Kidnapping/Abduction Laws – Kidnapping
-----------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin First Degree Murder Laws: Statute
Details on Wisconsin's first degree murder law are outlined below.
Code Sections
Wisconsin Statutes Section 940.01: First-Degree Intentional Homicide
What Is Prohibited?
First degree murder in Wisconsin is to cause the death of another human or an unborn child with the intent to kill that person, or for a fetus an intent to kill the pregnant woman or unborn child. Note that the defendant doesn't need to be the only cause of the person or unborn child's death, only a substantial factor in the victim's death.

Penalty
First-Degree Intentional Homicide is a Class A felony which can be sentenced to only life imprisonment.
If the killing is lowered to Second-Degree Intentional Homicide for any of the reasons listed in Defenses below, then it's a Class B felony with a sentencing maximum of 60 years in prison. For many people, long prison sentences are the equivalent of life in prison.

------------------------
Wisconsin First-Degree Murder
i think they said they are not releasing the info yet

I believe the parents being shot is solely an assumption that the media has interpreted from the neighbor hearing gunshots. It could be it was an initial assumption when the media first received information on the case that was not actually the case.

The sheriff at the 4pm briefing replied to a question saying he could not answer if they were shot/what the likely cause of death was.

Is that normal? I don't know what they usually would do in a case like this. It is my first time here because of this Amber Alert but am intrigued by the discussions and conversations.

Even the police said gunshots were involved.

So it could mean they were shot but suffered other type of injuries as well.

It means the ME will have to determine which one was primary and which one is secondary causation.

Have they 100% ruled out drugs? I know the initial statement yesterday they said they didn't "believe" drugs were involved. However they did a secondary investigation of the scene today and the autopsy has been delayed (which could be normal) but it made me question if they need a tox report as well.

IME - it is FAR too early to rule anything IN or OUT 100%. Please be patient and know that investigations are fluid and this is very early. Click bait headlines (like both parents being shot, drugs being ruled out , etc.when there have not even been any autopsies or a thorough investigation and JAYME is still missing) is just irresponsible journalism. Facts are scant at this point so all anyone wants to do is speculate, which can also be irresponsible as rumors spread without any validity. Everyone is doing the best they can.

IME - it is FAR too early to rule anything IN or OUT 100%. Please be patient and know that investigations are fluid and this is very early. Click bait headlines (like both parents being shot, drugs being ruled out , etc.when there have not even been any autopsies or a thorough investigation and JAYME is still missing) is just irresponsible journalism. Facts are scant at this point so all anyone wants to do is speculate, which can also be irresponsible as rumors spread without any validity. Everyone is doing the best they can.
Agree. Thank you for your sensibility.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I’m just now trying to get up to speed... is there no suspect or vehicle description? I assumed with an Amber Alert there would be.

Not yet. The crime took place early on 10/15 (after Midnight). The home is isolated in a woody area in Barron, Wisconsin, set back from Highway 8.

Not word for word but just said "need for other resources to perform the autopsy based on new information received." What in the WORLD could that mean???

eta: that's why the autopsies were not performed today and will be performed tomorrow because the "additional resources" are now there.

Itook that to mean the Feds want to do the autopsy and brought someone in (instead of the local Coroner taking that lead).

I would think the very first thing police would do is find their relatives and see if they know if the parents were into drugs or had a bad enemy. Somebody knows something! UNLESS it was a burglary. Prayers for that sweet young girl.

We are less than 48 hours into the murder of two parents and the potential abduction of a child. I understand people getting upset about the lack of information when we are months into the case but it has been 48 hours. That is not enough time to even process a crime scene. They will need to collect every potential piece of evidence to check for finger prints, DNA, etc. This takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova