AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would they sneak Jayme in? Crossing Illegally? If the suspect was fleeing, there would be no way to hide Jayme.

The northern border isn't very protected. There are many ways to get into Canada not legally of course up by International Falls its said to be common knowledge. I wouldn't know that but have heard others say it.

O.K., popped up the satellite map, and here's my amateur guess as to where this Perp has headed. I speculate he is heading for the Canadian border. I think he would take 53 to 11 to up to 17 and then go deep in to the bush somewhere in between 105 and 72. Maybe even up past Lac Seul. In this manner he would be within traveling distance to Camp Robinson etc. for supplies, but way out of reach. The distance is 432 miles; an approx. 7hr 47 min drive via US-53N. That's my best guess.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

You can bet border crossings are on alert with her photo plastered all over.

The northern border isn't very protected. There are many ways to get into Canada not legally of course up by International Falls its said to be common knowledge. I wouldn't know that but have heard others say it.

This has changed a lot in past years. The best bet is by boat, and I doubt this would happen in this case.

If the amber alert reached everyone in the area. Then it should be able to tell who was pinging near that area around the time.

So they should have sent it sooner. Jmo

I think it was a tough decision to approve the Amber alert since the information provided did not meet the DOJ recommendations. The DOJ stresses the limited use of the system to maintain its potency. The risk is if it is used here where the circumstances don't fit (no description of the abductor nor a vehicle), the next jurisdiction with a borderline case will fight to issue it and soon you'll have an AMBER alert for every 17 year old runaway.

See AMBER Alert - Guidelines

Given the apparently extreme situation here - where the missing child's family was murdered and she's disappeared into thin air - I think everyone eventually got comfortable with it being such an extreme case it could not be seen as weakening the system. But I am sure it took significant lobbying.

I cross back and forth into Canada at least twice a week for the last 3 years, with my kids and on occasion their friends. I have had several conversations about how scarily easy it is to get In and out with other peoples kids. Granted I do Have all the documents but of the hundreds of times I’ve crossed, I’ve only been ‘randomly selected’ twice for a more thorough search. they have never asked me to pop my trunk. Ever.
Unless security at the border has been heightened to look for Jayme, it’s unfortunately easier then you’d think.

The run-up didn't show that it was a rental. I do agree that this is a false sighting, timing differences were substantial.

i think the Miami 'sighting' is a red herring. it's great people are on alert and noticing details but getting from WI to FL in that time would've meant driving like 130 MPH the whole way, i think is the estimate i saw. plus i just don't see someone absconding with a child who has an AA out on them and allowing them to sit in the front seat with the window open. Especially when the SUV has tinted windows in the back. Even so far from WI that just seems like too risky of a move.

I totally agree that the possible sighting of Jayme wasn't her. Just the amount of time it would take to get from Wisconsin to Florida discredits the lead (for the most part) in my eyes.
But, my gosh, I really hope that they find her safe. I can't imagine what their family is going through right now.
The PC today featured a joint effort by County, State, and FBI law enforcement who made it very clear that they alone will be the source for any credible info which will be announced via twitter and/or FB. The sheriff again made this very clear when asked about the Florida sighting, i.e., info not from them and therefore not to be considered credible. So there we have it, folks.

ETA: #631 for reference

I don't think the term "reclusive" needs to be taken too seriously. It gives off an ominous vibe, but really, they probably just kept to themselves. Or, maybe the neighbors who are saying that were unpleasant so the Closs' tried not to interact with them too often. I've had my share of neighbors like that.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

When we both were working and raising our children we didn't have much free time for anything.

Our children's school activities took up most of our free time. Of course we did go to church every week and spent time with our extended family members and friends when time allowed.

That is one of the things I have enjoyed so much since my full retirement in 2005.

Since then I have so much more time to spend with our great neighbors in our subdivision. It's even better now since my hubby finally retired in April of this year. Now he too has more time to socialize with our neighbors/friends. Lol although he is still a very busy man.

Now we have more time to spend with not only our wonderful neighbors but our children when they are off work. They have busy lives too.

And spending time with our precious grandchildren and great grandchildren is always a delight!!! LOL

Last edited:
There are only two ties on the back. The wood on the left front leg near the chair seat doesn't have a string. It appears to be damaged and has lost the color of the wood stain.
View attachment 151559
I am a long term lurker but hardly ever post. I will agree the chair is intriguing however my very humble opinion is if the ties were of major significance the entire chair would be bagged to preserve any evidence and it would not be carried out in this manner risking contaimeting the strings/ties etc.

I cross back and forth into Canada at least twice a week for the last 3 years, with my kids and on occasion their friends. I have had several conversations about how scarily easy it is to get In and out with other peoples kids. Granted I do Have all the documents but of the hundreds of times I’ve crossed, I’ve only been ‘randomly selected’ twice for a more thorough search. they have never asked me to pop my trunk. Ever.
Unless security at the border has been heightened to look for Jayme, it’s unfortunately easier then you’d think.

Looking for Jayme doesn't stop at the border. Most likely, her photo has been circulated in all directions.

This article also states the family gathering was NOT at the girl's home...

Thank you for this link!

The article mentions that the gathering was in the afternoon.

It would be a school night so with children in the home, usually everyone would be asleep.

Is it possible that the perp(s) thought no one was at home - maybe no car in the driveway? No barking dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova